BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/21/2017 9:37:22 AM EDT
EDIT TO ADD

This is now the Official ARFCOM Synthwave Music Thread

Post your favorite Artists, Playlists, Sound Tracks, EPs, etc....

I have to say, the new synthwave coming out is fucking awesomely amazing. Really hits me in the feelz and takes me back to a time where fixed carry handles ARs, square bodied cars, big hair with big tits, and killing commies was axtually happening and cool. 

VHS Dreams - TRANS AM (Full Album) [Synthwave]

Lazerhawk ~ Redline Full Album

LOVE IT

Edit to add....

Watch this.... funny as hell.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Gunship is the best I've found so far.  Most interesting and melodic with vocals.
I can listen to the whole album and some of the videos are just cool as hell.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gunship is the best I've found so far.  Most interesting and melodic with vocals.
I can listen to the whole album and some of the videos are just cool as hell.
View Quote
Pertubator is also doing good stuff. But Gunship is awesome sauce. I like VHS Dreams new album. All in all.... The retro synthwave is fucking awesome. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, not listening to any of that...

...because every time I do it makes me want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a Bren Ten.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nope, not listening to any of that...

...because every time I do it makes me want to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a Bren Ten.
View Quote

I keep wanting a Mac-10 and a Detonics 1911. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I approve
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I approve
View Quote
Magic Sword - Legend Of The Keeper
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
The first pistol I bought when I turned 21 was a TEC-9, I blame in more or less equal parts Miami Vice and Big Trouble in Little China for that one. I had it for maybe a month or so and decided I kinda hated it, so when the opportunity to trade it to one of my friends in college for his S&W 3905 (plus 6 mags for it and 5 or so boxes of Black Talons ) came up I jumped all over it. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd listen to that on a long drive with good friends and open containers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The first pistol I bought when I turned 21 was a TEC-9, I blame in more or less equal parts Miami Vice and Big Trouble in Little China for that one. I had it for maybe a month or so and decided I kinda hated it, so when the opportunity to trade it to one of my friends in college for his S&W 3905 (plus 6 mags for it and 5 or so boxes of Black Talons ) came up I jumped all over it. 
View Quote
3905.... good choice
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
3905.... good choice
View Quote
It was a 3904, I've been up too damn long so my brain's missing even more than usual.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree. Synthwave is the shit.

Stranger Things actually got me looking into it when I researched who created the opening theme. S U R V I V E
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I listen to Pertubator when I'm shooting sometimes.

Synthwave isn't my favorite, but it's fuckin' good.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I listen to Pertubator when I'm shooting sometimes.

Synthwave isn't my favorite, but it's fuckin' good.
View Quote
80s Rap and Hair Metal plus Synthwave makes for good shooting music
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#14]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_HThh8xle8[/youtube]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Some friends of mine.  They refer to it as "Synthpop".  Pretty cool stuff.  She has a great voice.
And The Echo
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Tag to check later...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Someone on reddit shared a good Spotify playlist a while ago, I listen to it all the time...

https://open.spotify.com/user/aofd3/playlist/4sgUux9hmykyWYmVoe4W6p?si=6LDEsoSf
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know a guy with a Detonics 1911 that he keeps as a truck gun in the Houston area.  It is stainless, but I noticed some minor rust on it.  I told him he should clean it up and use one of his Glocks as a truck gun.  He just kinda looked at me and said "Meh, it is just a pistol".
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I know a guy with a Detonics 1911 that he keeps as a truck gun in the Houston area.  It is stainless, but I noticed some minor rust on it.  I told him he should clean it up and use one of his Glocks as a truck gun.  He just kinda looked at me and said "Meh, it is just a pistol".
View Quote

Thrash him soundly about his head and neck the next time you see him, from all of us.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Check out Michael Cassette. 

Michael Cassette - Pangaea (Envotion Remix)

Michael Cassette - Crockett's Theme (Original Mix)
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:39:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I can't believe that no one has mentioned Scandroid yet.

Scandroid's self-titled album.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#24]
OP, check out the NewRetroWave channel on YouTube. They post a ton of great synthwave every day.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have to say, the new synthwave coming out is fucking awesomely amazing. Really hits me in the feelz and takes me back to a time where fixed carry handles ARs, square bodied cars, big hair with big tits, and killing commies was axtually happening and cool. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL_3D4b3UZM
View Quote

reminds me of miami vice mixed with futuristic pet shop boys
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always been on the hunt for a Servicemaster. 

Your Texan is fucking 'tarded. 

But then again I keep a 80s era S&W 669 as a truck gun. 

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Kung Fury is one of my all time favorite movies.

It's the greatest 30 minutes of cinema ever!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpDn4-Na5co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw9uicEGjGw

LOVE IT

Edit to add....

https://i.scdn.co/image/81843096e567c1ae979ac38100b0079ef4be68da
View Quote

Glad to see I am not the only one.

I guess it depends on how old you are, some of this stuff is just great and takes me back to the arcade days.

Megadrive has some great stuff too.....it is like the soundtracks of Blaster Master and Phantasy Star 4 had children.

What's crazy is someone actually made a retro game with Powerglove as the soundtrack....and even got Michael Biehn to do the voice acting!

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.  Most fun I had in years.

EDIT:  Wish I knew how to embed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Gunship uber alles. Surprised nobody has posted these yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv1ZN8c4_Gs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3-n3TMzL6o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nC5TBv3sfU

One day ill buy a real membership so i can embed video
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#30]
This guy has been popping up in my Youtube feed lately. Pretty talented dude. I think this would be considered synthwave(?)

I used to really be into the electronic stuff but not so much anymore although I do have immense respect for the talent some of these guys have with their playing and compositions.

Eric's Brother - Lie To You (Kebu Remix)
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I guess it depends on how old you are, some of this stuff is just great and takes me back to the arcade days.

Megadrive has some great stuff too.....it is like the soundtracks of Blaster Master and Phantasy Star 4 had children.

What's crazy is someone actually made a retro game with Powerglove as the soundtrack....and even got Michael Biehn to do the voice acting!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpDn4-Na5co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw9uicEGjGw

LOVE IT

Edit to add....

https://i.scdn.co/image/81843096e567c1ae979ac38100b0079ef4be68da

Sooooo many quarters wasted at places like Flippers Arcade, Malibu GrandPrix Race-O-Rama, Don Carter's Bowling, and Aladdin's Castle.....

Ahhh memories

Haven't played Far Cry 3 yet but the OST is fun as hell.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Megadrive 198xAD has been my favorite album in this genre for over 2 years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#33]
This is a great soundtrack to a game that runs in a similar vein.

Hotline Miami Soundtrack (Full)
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Yup I listen to that album.

Tonebox - Launch Disintegration
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
I usually listen to synthwave, industrial, or 80's post punk like Joy Division, The Cure, New Order, Bauhaus, and similar when I'm shooting. :)

I actually have a specific playlist for it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I usually listen to synthwave, industrial, or 80's post punk like Joy Division, The Cure, New Order, Bauhaus, and similar when I'm shooting. :)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

80s Miami Bass is also great. L'trimm is a great group from back in the day.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#37]
? ? Corp - Late Night Stereo - 11 Crystal Tears (Dance the night away)

? ? Corp. --- Luxury's Fortune
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Sorry bro, this thread needs some class.....

Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction (Studio Version)
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5jvUXij7nU
View Quote
I have a soft spot for Megadeth, Panteria, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and others. But sometimes Synthwave hits the spot. Like me wanting a 1989 Toyota Corolla with heavy tint, modern stereo blasting VHS Dreams, and a car mount rifle rack holding a Colt SP1 Carbine.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#40]
People are fucking odd. I mean, really mental when you think about it.

For 20+ years I've been listening to people endlessly deride synth music as gutless, terrible, the death of rock, cheating, tonally vapid, clinical, mechanical sounding, everything that music shouldn't be.

Now it's cool.

Better yet, the most un-organic period in synth music ever is the stuff that's making the big comeback. The more 16-bit DX-7-ish the better.

Parachute pants and moon boots are next, mark my words, people are gonna be wearing that shit again and feeling neato for doing it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have a soft spot for Megadeth, Panteria, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and others. But sometimes Synthwave hits the spot. Like me wanting a 1989 Toyota Corolla with heavy tint, modern stereo blasting VHS Dreams, and a car mount rifle rack holding a Colt SP1 Carbine.

https://res.cloudinary.com/carsguide/image/upload/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto,t_cg__marking_background__sm_/v1/editorial/ae90-corolla-1989-%282%29.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5jvUXij7nU

https://res.cloudinary.com/carsguide/image/upload/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto,t_cg__marking_background__sm_/v1/editorial/ae90-corolla-1989-%282%29.jpg

Your Kung FU is strong bro!!!!   Very strong.  ***ETA Pantera is the only concert I was physically scared and realized I was just too old to be there.  AC/DC made me scared for my ears.

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell (Official Music Video) [4K Remaster]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
People are fucking odd. I mean, really mental when you think about it.

For 20+ years I've been listening to people endlessly deride synth music as gutless, terrible, the death of rock, cheating, tonally vapid, clinical, mechanical sounding, everything that music shouldn't be.

Now it's cool.

Better yet, the most un-organic period in synth music ever is the stuff that's making the big comeback. The more 16-bit DX-7-ish the better.

Parachute pants and moon boots are next, mark my words, people are gonna be wearing that shit again and feeling neato for doing it.
View Quote
Don't fuck up my nostalgia Broski. 

90s synth was okay but meh....

I like the mechanical sounds from 80s era retro synthwave. Grew up listening to it in movies, arcades, and roller rinks. 

Parachute pants do seem comfy. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Big tits and killing commies never went out of style. MiamiJBT is proof of that.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Don't fuck up my nostalgia Broski. 

90s synth was okay but meh....

I like the mechanical sounds from 80s era retro synthwave. Grew up listening to it in movies, arcades, and roller rinks. 

Parachute pants do seem comfy. 
View Quote
I never minded synths and digital, and have used them for a long time. I just marvel at the trends and how something can be awful and supposedly represent the worst of a decade, then just let that air out a bit and it's really neat and people pine for it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#45]
80's metal is great too (my favorite) but this is about Retrosynth/Synthwave/Retroelectro whatever you want to call it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#46]
I had no idea retro synth music was s thing.

Are the members of Tanferind Dream still kicking? Maybe it's time for a comeback!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Are the members of Tanferind Dream still kicking? Maybe it's time for a comeback!
View Quote
Tangerine Dream has never disappeared. Members come and go but the group still exists.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
A few years ago there were just a few guys doing it, but now its really taken off.

As a child of the '80s I feel kind of vindicated that all my favorite stuff is becoming popular again all of the sudden.

Honestly, I pine for that decade a lot lately.  My wife and I just got done watching the complete series of Magnum PI (she had never really seen many episodes) and it just made me realize how much more I would prefer to be an adult back then.

Enough technology and modern enough for me that I would miss nothing (except some optics and gun accessories) in my life and instead enjoy living in times where America was still America, people were not obsessed with digital lives, PC/SJW culture had not taken off yet, etc.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Tag. I've been rocking some Com Truise past few years
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I know these, my attempt to join and quit shit posting OP's thread again with my favorite metal...  any street cred points awarded?

Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F (1984) Beverly Hills\ufeff Cop - Soundtrack
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top