Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/20/2017 6:05:21 PM EDT
Just finished watching it for the first time in ages.

The CGI sucked but as a story I've felt it's grown on me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh.

Put up a poll.  Please make "Meh" one of the choices.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It was one of the first blursy i bought.  

The print is stunning and the sound, particularly when hes tearing up manhattan in the mustang, is awesome.

Movie was meh, but the feeling of lonliness was profound.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The alternate ending made alot more sense.  They should have used it.

I Am Legend (10/10) Movie CLIP - Alternate Ending (2007) HD
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The dog shoulda survived, Will Smith dies a horrible agonizing death.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
The DOG should have survived I agree.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Better than the book.

A somewhat reasonable premise that it starts as a "good for mankind" inoculation.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I like Will Smith & liked it better than the original, which was more B movie-ish, but I can't stand the part where the GSD dies. We put down our GSD the same week I saw the movie at home, and I cried like a baby when the GSD died.

I haven't watched it since.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Book was better and was much, much different than the movie but I enjoyed both. I think they did a good job with the movie.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I love the movie.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Meh
Omega Man, was better !
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked it. Good gun and action scenes. Pretty good story.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#13]
He should have pulled the pin, tossed it out and shut the door saving himself also.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Original is always better
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]
They originally had actors portray the creatures, like a shit ton of extras. They filmed everything and it looked great. Then the CGI geeks ruined it...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Entertaining vampire movie
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQtU-PPxZMY
View Quote
Maybe.

But thats not the original.

The last man on earth, with Vincent Price, was the original and much closer to the book.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Meh
Omega Man, was better!

!
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#20]
It was Ok.
I would have preferred the alternate ending.
I think the infected were over-done as far as their abilities to climb walls and such.
Sick, infected people, sure. Sick, infected people with crazy person strength, sure.
Super-powered sick infected people? It was a bit over the top for me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not the original.

"The Last Man On Earth" Trailer
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I swear I've seen two different endings:  one in which he frags himself in his lab when the zombies break in and another where he is with the girl and kid when they reach the "settlement."

Am I imaging things?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#23]
DO IT IN THIS ORDER:

Watch Vincent price in the last man on earth

then Omega man

then I am legend

then read the book and fill in all the questions and enjoy. if you read the book first as usual youll be disappointed, and its only 168 pages so easy afternoon read.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Book (short story)  was epic and so original and thought provoking.

Movie was horrible. And nothing was the same as book except character name and title.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I swear I've seen two different endings:  one in which he frags himself in his lab when the zombies break in and another where he is with the girl and kid when they reach the "settlement."

Am I imaging things?
View Quote
You saw the alternate ending. The theatrical release had him blowing himself up.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
He should have pulled the pin, tossed it out and shut the door saving himself also.
View Quote
This, And why didn't he have arms stashed in that tiny room if it was his fallback location.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#28]
It's fake.  Completely staged.  A plot to take your money.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#30]
BEST ARFCOM THREAD EVER
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This, And why didn't he have arms stashed in that tiny room if it was his fallback location.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That also! Stupid ending like most decent movies.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Eh, they could have done more with the orginal story. The vamps in the movie were one dimensional, only smart enough for traps and messing with Neville. Book vamps had a developed society and were capable of complex thought. Book Neville became the (reverse) boogyman, that made him a legend. Thus his final words were...I Am Legend. To them Neville was the vampire that killed them one by one while they slept.  That was lost in the movie. They had the opportunity to explore,  perspective, and what is the boogyman in a thriving society. But no. they went for a dumb popcorn movie. Which is what it is, a dumb popcorn movie.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#34]
In a way, it reminded me of an episode of X files where Moulder came across a genie who could grant him 3 wishes.

Moulder  wished for world peace and POOF! everybody but him is gone.

So there was that overwhelming sense of loneliness...dreadful loneliness.

Obviously Ford payed for product placement in that movie.

So there had to be a scene where Will Smith was hunting deer from a Mustang.

He would have been better off dumping some corn out on the ground and turning one of the many buildings into a deer stand.  Then hunting over the corn pile.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#35]
The movie missed the goddamn point of the book.

He became their monster. In the book they are vampires and everyday hunts his neighbor in an everwidening circle from his house and kills huge numbers of vampires.

My favorite book next to the outsiders.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I wish I was prepped like the movie.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Eh, they could have done more with the orginal story. The vamps in the movie were one dimensional, only smart enough for traps and messing with Neville. Book vamps had a developed society and were capable of complex thought. Book Neville became the (reverse) boogyman, that made him a legend. Thus his final words were...I Am Legend. To them Neville was the vampire that killed them one by one while they slept.  That was lost in the movie. They had the opportunity to explore,  perspective, and what is the boogyman in a thriving society. But no. they went for a dumb popcorn movie. Which is what it is, a dumb popcorn movie.
View Quote
This right here...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The book was pretty dumb. The movie was OK. The best part was the bathtub thread here.
View Quote
I bet it's destroyed now with the photobucket bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Omega Man was more groovy. And he had the old school arsenal with S&W M76 FTW..
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Loved it. Really enjoyed the story.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thus
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#42]
He supported ron paul. 

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You saw the alternate ending. The theatrical release had him blowing himself up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I imaging things?
THX!

I thought I'd seen two different endings.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#44]
I liked it and consider it a zombie (yes, I realize the creatures are more like vampires) movie staple and it will always have a place in the DVD rack.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is the correct answer.

I read the book and I saw the movie. The movie completely changed the central point of the book. And Will Smith's character in the book was not a military officer. The book was written in the early 50's but it could have been updated without losing the soul of the book. As it was presented in the movie very little was the same as the book. As is often the case, I might have enjoyed the movie more had I not read the book.

Opinion Warning: This movie is a few years old. Will Smith is now on the list of actors whom I will not pay money to see in a movie. The list grows each year but he and his wife playing the race card in the Oscars was enough to move him onto my Do Not Watch list. I don't watch or care about the Oscars, but their actions are part of the never ending whining PC culture which seems to have our country by the balls at the current time.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#46]
In on one ..
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#47]
The book is amazing.  The movie is sub par.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Thought this was a thread about @Ken01..

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
 spoilers warning

Losing Sam (his dag) was crucial; she was the last connection to other humans.  Hundreds of days with her alone and he kept trucking.  Once she died, he gave up.  He went out to the pier to commit suicide.  

Only through his giving up and letting go did he find the woman and girl.  Although he (unknowingly to him) did find a cure, it wouldn't be shown to him until he gave up his god-like approach to finding it.  He needed the help of something more than himself, and it could only be accessed and revealed through being with others.  

It's more of less the idea that a) our gifts come through us, not from us, and b) we are like mirrors to each other, and can only see and find truth together.  We are blind by ourselves.  Only through seeing the butterfly could he see the answer, and he only saw the butterfly through someone who had zero understanding of medicine, cures, or science.

His death was not only painless, but fulfilling and sacrificial.  Not only did he get to die to save two souls five feet away, but enable more to be created in the safe zone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#50]
One of Will Smith's better movies.
Still, a couple slow moving scenes had me bored at times.
Good movie, but not great.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top