Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:49:18 AM EDT
Going to Georgia next April for The Masters.
Need info on Great golf courses in The Atlanta area. Staying at Stone Mountain.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Uh....Augusta?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#2]
That's gonna be a hell of a drive every day.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
If you're up for a drive and seeing some scenery, there's a course up in Helen that's awesome. There's one hole that's basically chipping off of a 200ft cliff to the green underneath.

And yeah, you're going to want to wash your mouth out with buckshot after making that drive once. Stay away from Atlanta if you value sanity.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#4]
East lake, Atlanta country club, Cherokee CC.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I like to  Drive.
Going just One Day to Masters. Play golf the rest of trip.  Did it a couple of years ago. Stone Mountain NICE hotel. Shitty golf course though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have money to spend Reynold's Lake Oconee has some of the best courses aside from Augusta National.  Plus there is Harbor Club and Cuscowilla close by which are some beautiful courses also.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I live 7.5 miles east of Stone Mountain Park.  You might want to rethink your lodging plans.  I'm 2.5 hours away from Augusta, and that's traveling at a normal Atlanta pace.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's gonna be a hell of drive every day.
View Quote
yupEnter your zip code here
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#9]
It's been a couple decades since I played golf there in college, but I remember Lake Spivey and a course in Peachtree.  I can't remember the 3rd course we played at.

It was in March of 1999 when our team went down there.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Brasstown Valley was always a nice place to play amd further south at Callaway Gardens.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Going to Georgia next April for The Masters.
Need info on Great golf courses in The Atlanta area. Staying at Stone Mountain.
Thanks
View Quote

Wait, you're traveling here to see the Masters but are staying in Stone Mountain? That's one hell shuttle to Augusta International; might want to review a map before coming. As for course options, I don't Golf so I have no first hand knowledge but Bear's Best and Echelon are supposed to be great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top