Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/21/2017 2:33:24 PM EDT
So lately at work I've been eating lunch at my desk and then going to McDonald's to get a drink and sit for a bit to do some reading.  I can drive to 5 different McDonald's, but one is closer than the rest.  Last time I went to the one closest to work, i swore to myself I'd never be back because I found an bug frozen inside an ice cube.  There are always interesting people at this McDonald's...

Today, I forgot and went to the Mcdonald's closest to my work, and as I'm pulling in to the parking lot, some guy is walking and blocking the entrance to the parking lot.   He's holding his phone 2 feet from his face, just messing with it.  I get around the guy and park my car, he goes and stands by the restaurant exit, never goes in, and he plays out techno music...  As I walk inside, I notice that there is a man out front asking for money.  I get walk inside as he is talking to someone else, he doesn't talk to me.  Once I get inside I get in line to order, only 1 other guy in front of me, and some guy with a backpack walks up to the counter, doesn't order, and trys to grab the food the employee is handing to someone else, his clothes looked clean, but the guy smelt terrible, like sweat and BO, but he didn't look like he was sweaty.  He didn't get the food he tried to take, but told the employee he wanted a drink (never waited in line, so he cut the line).  She said it would be $1.06, he man empties his pockets on the counter, finds a dollar bill and gives that to the girl, she says it's $1.06, not $1.00, he says he doesn't have another 6 cents, she takes the dollar and gives him a cup for a drink.  He gets a drink, goes to a table, puts his backpack on the table and then he just stands there, walking around his table.  He does everything from laughing hysterically, to mumbling and talking to himself, to singing, to shouting out weird and crazy things.  

While he was ordering, a thin, young girl walks into the restaurant, mid drift showing, and wearing men's athletic pants.  The pants are too long for her, she has the legs rolled up, and she has the waist rolled up as well, she's walking around holding the pants up.  She checks to see if anyone is in the women's restroom, but there is, so she leaves.  

I get my drink and sit down.  There is a couple on their late 30s also in the dining area, they have no food on their table, the man is laid back in a booth wearing sun glasses, but he keeps going outside to talk to the man that is playing loud techno music.  The woman is hunched over the table, holding her phone 4 inches from her face and readingout loud whatever is on her phone...

I just sat there, read my book and drank my tea and then left.  Anyone else have odd experiences like this?  I know that the behavior of at least one of those people was probably drug related, but wow, that was crazy.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So lately at work I've been eating lunch at my desk and then going to McDonald's to get a drink and sit for a bit to do some reading.  I can drive to 5 different McDonald's, but one is closer than the rest.  Last time I went to the one closest to work, i swore to myself I'd never be back because I found an bug frozen inside an ice cube.  There are always interesting people at this McDonald's...

Today, I forgot and went to the Mcdonald's closest to my work, and as I'm pulling in to the parking lot, some guy is walking and blocking the entrance to the parking lot.   He's holding his phone 2 feet from his face, just messing with it.  I get around the guy and park my car, he goes and stands by the restaurant exit, never goes in, and he plays out techno music...  As I walk inside, I notice that there is a man out front asking for money.  I get walk inside as he is talking to someone else, he doesn't talk to me.  Once I get inside I get in line to order, only 1 other guy in front of me, and some guy with a backpack walks up to the counter, doesn't order, and trys to grab the food the employee is handing to someone else, his clothes looked clean, but the guy smelt terrible, like sweat and BO, but he didn't look like he was sweaty.  He didn't get the food he tried to take, but told the employee he wanted a drink (never waited in line, so he cut the line).  She said it would be $1.06, he man empties his pockets on the counter, finds a dollar bill and gives that to the girl, she says it's $1.06, not $1.00, he says he doesn't have another 6 cents, she takes the dollar and gives him a cup for a drink.  He gets a drink, goes to a table, puts his backpack on the table and then he just stands there, walking around his table.  He does everything from laughing hysterically, to mumbling and talking to himself, to singing, to shouting out weird and crazy things.  

While he was ordering, a thin, young girl walks into the restaurant, mid drift showing, and wearing men's athletic pants.  The pants are too long for her, she has the legs rolled up, and she has the waist rolled up as well, she's walking around holding the pants up.  She checks to see if anyone is in the women's restroom, but there is, so she leaves.  

I get my drink and sit down.  There is a couple on their late 30s also in the dining area, they have no food on their table, the man is laid back in a booth wearing sun glasses, but he keeps going outside to talk to the man that is playing loud techno music.  The woman is hunched over the table, holding her phone 4 inches from her face and readingout loud whatever is on her phone...

I just sat there, read my book and drank my tea and then left.  Anyone else have odd experiences like this?  I know that the behavior of at least one of those people was probably drug related, but wow, that was crazy.
View Quote

You sure you don't live in eastern Europe?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You think someone is going to read all that shit about McDonald's?
TLDR
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
It's like scene from a Tarantino movie.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Are any of these restaurants located in liberty city?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#5]
M.C. Donalds
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#6]
FPNI as usual
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I know it's a bit long, and most won't read it.

Nope, not in Eastern Europe, just the good old US of A.

Not Liberty City, but it did happen in Louisville, Ky.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Last time I ate inside McD's I saw a dude high on molly or bath salts getting a talking-to from a fat security guard. Molly guy kept wincing and putting his hands in front of his face while begging Paul Blart not to shoot him. At one point, molly guy dropped a $5 bill on the ground. Every time he'd go to pick it up, he'd get scared that Paul Blart was going to shoot him so he'd stand back up straight and put his hands in front of his face. A couple of crack whores were leaving the bathroom and one of them picked up the $5 bill as they were heading outside. Paul Blart stopped her and made her give it to molly guy. I left after that and didn't get to see how the story ended.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Tom's Diner 2017

The Techno Remix
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#10]
who do you think hangs out at McDonalds in the middle of the day?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
who do you think hangs out at McDonalds in the middle of the day?
View Quote
Probably mostly engineers, surgeons, and attorneys.

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Drugs are bad for you
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#13]
You need to find some higher-class places to hang out, bro.

Around here, all the "Mickee Dees" have been taken over by the "rich and vibrant"  clientele.

The fact that Ronald McDonald is still white (painted white) puzzles the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#14]
You seem to be in a rich and diverse location.  Good for you.

I'd GTFO out of the ghetto.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Make asylums great again
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Make asylums great again
View Quote
From your keyboard to God's screen.  There are WAY too many crazy people just wandering around.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I had the oddest McDonalds experience I ever had the other day. They finally got my fvckin' order right..
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
TLDR
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
TLDR
View Quote
I did not.  I scanned down until I got to this post and then quoted it.  That was the extent of it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:03:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I've seen similar situations.

Almost all exclusively at McDs, as well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#22]
You just described Toledo Ohio and everyone in it
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah, I know it's a bit long, and most won't read it.

Nope, not in Eastern Europe, just the good old US of A.

Not Liberty City, but it did happen in Louisville, Ky.
View Quote
Broadway Mc d's you say?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:11:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Odd McDonald had a farm, three-five-nine-one-seven...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Last time I ate inside McD's I saw a dude high on molly or bath salts getting a talking-to from a fat security guard. Molly guy kept wincing and putting his hands in front of his face while begging Paul Blart not to shoot him. At one point, molly guy dropped a $5 bill on the ground. Every time he'd go to pick it up, he'd get scared that Paul Blart was going to shoot him so he'd stand back up straight and put his hands in front of his face. A couple of crack whores were leaving the bathroom and one of them picked up the $5 bill as they were heading outside. Paul Blart stopped her and made her give it to molly guy. I left after that and didn't get to see how the story ended.
View Quote
I believe it, after today, it wouldn't surprise me to see that.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Should have ate a hit of acid and hung out there all day
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You need to find some higher-class places to hang out, bro.

Around here, all the "Mickee Dees" have been taken over by the "rich and vibrant"  clientele.

The fact that Ronald McDonald is still white (painted white) puzzles the hell out of me.
View Quote
Totally agree!  Might need to go to the coffee shop instead.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#28]
This is still more plausible than the IHOP story.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Perfect meme, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Broadway Mc d's you say?
View Quote
Not the one on Broadway, but I stepped into that one 8 years ago and had an odd experience then too.  This was on Bardstown Road, just outside the Watterson, by the shady apartments.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm lucky.  When I want to go to mcdonalds it's usually 4am after work.  Only ones there are the last ww2 vets and ever increasing Vietnam vets.  They have prob been up since 3 am.  They have coffee and play ucker.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#32]
"Kentucky"

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Lots of signs for you to read that all said "something is wrong - leave now".
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#34]
OP, I read once that Charles Dickens used to sit out in public and watch the people around him, wonder about their lives and use them as grist for his novels. You've hit the mother lode. Get to work.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I was in a McDonalds that had hot water at the sink in the bathroom. 

I saw a guy finish doing his laundry and then he filled his Top Ramen and left. 

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Dude, I went to McDonalds and a wacko kept eyeballing everybody while sipping an iced tea.

Ok, lame attempt at humor. OP, I might not have even gotten out of the car with the wacko standing outside. I fear very little, but I also listen to my instincts when something tells me the situation is fucky. No shame in going to the next one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I had the oddest McDonalds experience I ever had the other day. They finally got my fvckin' order right..
View Quote
I dont believe you.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're doing it wrong.
You're supposed to go through the drive through and then eat at your desk
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#39]
I haven't gone INSIDE a McDonald's in years. Drive thru only.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Is this a Florida thread?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Should have ate a hit of acid and hung out there all day
View Quote

Why not?  Sounds like everybody else is.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#42]
The McDonald's by me some was was shot to death in the drive through because he cut some one off and got in line first
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The McDonald's by me some was was shot to death in the drive through because he cut some one off and got in line first
View Quote
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#44]
rainbow people are in your area
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So lately at work...
View Quote

So, Kentucky?

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Used to be a McDonalds at the entrance to town.  Owner closed it due to lack of good help.   Still have a Subway and Burger King.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#47]
McDonald's.  How plebeian of you....

(pulls into Burger King) 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Sounds like the shit I see on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Went to a McD in Kansas and after placing the order was given number and told to find a table.  A server brought the food (if you can call it that) up to us.    . It was rather upscale for a McD too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:38:47 PM EDT
[#50]
midriff
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top