Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 28
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
........McCain handily won his last election,so we are stuck with him for another 5 1/2 years.And the healthcare they receive is the best in the world,so don't get your hopes up of the reaper coming............
View Quote
I don't know, his bout of confusion at the Comey hearing didn't look good. Wouldn't be surprised if he voluntarily steps down due to health reasons. Luckily, Arizona law says that the governor appointee has to be from the same party if a member vacates a Senate seat.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bill number?

How can legislators be exempt from laws and it NOT violate the 14th Amendment?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This must stand a chance.

California is clearing LEOs (and legislators) from the state level prohibition on suppressors.

The little people will still be put under the jail if caught with one. IIRC the state penalty matches the fed one (10 year mandatory minimum).
Bill number?

How can legislators be exempt from laws and it NOT violate the 14th Amendment?
News flash our elected officials don't care about the Constitution, and there are LEOs that would gladly step on the throat of citizens because they're more equal and all.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Let us know when you fire up the lathe.  You're going to be rich undercutting the market!
View Quote
You are more than welcome to come up and use mine.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But the prices will still be $800 or more because a tube with caps on the end is damn near impossible to manufacture.  
View Quote
GBPSE.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep,there's only a handful of people in the US that could possibly make suppressors.............
View Quote
Until this passes then everyone will be making them and 80% suppressor kits.......
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll be calling my representative tomorrow.

That said, it is scheduled for a hearing within a subcommittee of a committee. So take that for what its worth.
View Quote
How many committees need to hear this thing before it can go to the House floor?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"Compromise"

View Quote
Yup. Which means all of the original proposals get replaced with UBC, supressor and plate armor bans. And they might throw in some lead ammo ban on federal lands to sweeten up that compromise.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Just fired off an email to my representative Comstock. Here's to hoping us gun owners get a nice bone thrown our way.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can get any number of disposable suppressors from AutoZone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But the prices will still be $800 or more because a tube with caps on the end is damn near impossible to manufacture.  
Patiently waiting for PSA to release shitty Chinese $200 cans.
Glock makes a disposable suppressor.Under 50.00 IIRC.

Read an article on them a few years back.
Hilarious.

Guys bitching about suppressor prices and excited about a disposable plastic can that costs $2 per round.

I've got several thousand rounds through my surefire.  Including the stamp I'm probably at $0.25 per round cost on it and it doesn't just fit one gun.

More proof that a large segment of GD is unable to do 4th grade division homework.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Does that mean Harbor Freight will be getting their FFL and slinging Norinco goodies by the container ship load?
View Quote
Seeing how they donate exclusively to Democrats, I would be surprised, if they don't run a multi-million-dollar, underground arms scheme already.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let us know when you fire up the lathe.  You're going to be rich undercutting the market!
LOL. Thanks brother.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How many committees need to hear this thing before it can go to the House floor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be calling my representative tomorrow.

That said, it is scheduled for a hearing within a subcommittee of a committee. So take that for what its worth.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hilarious.

Guys bitching about suppressor prices and excited about a disposable plastic can that costs $2 per round.

I've got several thousand rounds through my surefire.  Including the stamp I'm probably at $0.25 per round cost on it and it doesn't just fit one gun.

More proof that a large segment of GD is unable to do 4th grade division homework.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Patiently waiting for PSA to release shitty Chinese $200 cans.
Glock makes a disposable suppressor.Under 50.00 IIRC.

Read an article on them a few years back.
Hilarious.

Yeah I'll buy my 3rd SOCOM ASAP if this somehow passes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Which congressperson do we need to contact?

It is time to burn the phone lines into DC.  Get this out of committee, to the floor and to the other house.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lol, too bad those "republicans" are limp-dicked fuckups afraid of their own shadow.

I want to believe but with McCain's, Graham's and Ryan's running the show, I don't.
View Quote
This. There is a PA RINO calling for UBCs. We have a RINO in OR supporting secret court confiscations and indefinite purchase delays. TX RINOs kill open carry. FL RINOs do the same. On federal level, Republicans are even worse when it comes to 2A rights. Only better than commies for now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
over the counter suppressors, cheap Chinese ak-47's, sks's,  svd's, ak mags and Chinese ammo.....

I want to believe
View Quote
Real Swiss Sig rifles
..I.want a PE57 with a can.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They took a very long walk around all those practical shooting sports to reach that very bizarre conclusion.  

Here's to hoping the bullshit is over with.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Currently you are only allowed to temporarily loan a firearm to a resident of another state for a "sporting purpose". ATF has interpreted sporting purpose as traditional hunting and sport shooting (trap & skeet) purposes. They don't consider self protection, IDPA, 3gun, etc as a "sporting purpose"
They took a very long walk around all those practical shooting sports to reach that very bizarre conclusion.  

ATF has long held that the legislative intent was for sporting purposes as existed in 1968. IDPA wasn't around yet.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Lol, too bad those "republicans" are limp-dicked fuckups afraid of their own shadow.

I want to believe but with McCain's, Graham's and Ryan's running the show, I don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hillary lost-get over it.

The Republicans control all 3 branches.Fasten your seatbelt...........

This, but it's probably better to look at there are 3 parties involved... democrats, rinos, and Republican.  Too many democrats and rinos that will stand in the way.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Still requires support to pass - although this sounds a little more mainstream appealing, than the HPA alone.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
IN for the disappointment
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This, but it's probably better to look at there are 3 parties involved... democrats, rinos, and Republican.  Too many democrats and rinos that will stand in the way.
View Quote
I honestly have more faith in Democrats in the Senate than I do in McShitstain. Only because they're corrupt sellouts who can be swayed for the appropriate concessions. McShitstain hates freedom so much, he wouldnt budge if NRA and GOA laid hard on him.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Read it again.

Suppressors will be over the counter like a firearm.The manufacturer will pay the 10% tax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No NFA or suppressor shit though.
Read it again.

Suppressors will be over the counter like a firearm.The manufacturer will pay the 10% tax.
And if you roll your own??
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nice, but still won't pass.
View Quote
There you go again with those negative waves
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So we have to wait until 2018 for Trump to go apeshit on the Establishment??

McCain handily won his last election,so we are stuck with him for another 5 1/2 years.And the healthcare they receive is the best in the world,so don't get your hopes up of the reaper coming............
View Quote
He is doing so now, 2018 will be the end result, both the primaries and elections the cucks who stood against him will be fucked, no lube and then sodomized with a cactus.

The Reaper comes for all and do the voters in AZ are sick of him, he only won the primary because Trump helped (maybe do not quote me on that)
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
ATF has long held that the legislative intent was for sporting purposes as existed in 1968. IDPA wasn't around yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Currently you are only allowed to temporarily loan a firearm to a resident of another state for a "sporting purpose". ATF has interpreted sporting purpose as traditional hunting and sport shooting (trap & skeet) purposes. They don't consider self protection, IDPA, 3gun, etc as a "sporting purpose"

Then fuck them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#26]
which committee and who is on it? I will call their offices until they know me by the sound of my voice
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In for the surprise ass fucking.

View Quote
Yea, we gonna get loved tenderly somehow on this. I dont know how but I am sure its gonna happen.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go build something with high grade stainless, inconel and/or stellite, to extremely tight tolerances which will result in death or injury if you screw it up... and offer a lifetime warranty... with the ATF looking over your shoulder for audits all the time... and get back to us about how cheap and easy that is.

If something HPA-like passes, then current commercially off the shelf cans will be unobtanium and/or ridiculously expensive for a period until manufacturing and distribution catches up with demand.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In for the surprise ass fucking.

View Quote
I feel bad about feeling the same way.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Its going to be like 86 all over again..
View Quote
It'll probably get a last minute amendment to prohibit private ownership of handguns.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My bank account hopes it doesn't pass.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act

The names always make it good-Patriot Act,Affordable Care Act..........
View Quote
This, a good name goes a LOOOOOOOOONG Way.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
And. Here. We. Go.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just fired off an email to my representative Comstock. Here's to hoping us gun owners get a nice bone thrown our way.
View Quote
Comstock? Is Elizabeth ok?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Seeing how they donate exclusively to Democrats, I would be surprised, if they don't run a multi-million-dollar, underground arms scheme already.
View Quote
Really? Well I am never buying from them again.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This. There is a PA RINO calling for UBCs. We have a RINO in OR supporting secret court confiscations and indefinite purchase delays. TX RINOs kill open carry. FL RINOs do the same. On federal level, Republicans are even worse when it comes to 2A rights. Only better than commies for now.
View Quote
Get rid of them in the Primaries, purge the RINOs/cucks/Neo cons.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#38]
IN! 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#39]
If you think .22 was hard to find, imagine trying to find a suppressor for sale if this passes. Prices will skyrocket and there will be a two year wait due to supply shortages.

<--  bought 3 suppressors last week (SDN-6, Ti-Rant 9M, Halcyon).

Thanks Hansohn Brothers !
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
The prices will fall through the floor because there will be tons of companies jumping in the business.  Just like the AR15/

PSA will sell a house brand, Glock will sell one, SAA will sell one, BCM will sell 6, Larue will sell a few, Ruger will sell um screwed on at the factory on 10/22s...

Suppressors will be a dime a dozen in 8 months after the bill passes.  I would bet a number of companies already have them prototyped out and ready to go into production.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If it means 7.62x25 comes back, I'll be a happy camper. The Ppsh will live again. Also, does it mean WW2 german rifles G43, G41 will start being importable from Russia again?
View Quote
I don't know if the recent embargo stuff going on changed anything, but last I knew all the G43's Russia has stocked up are on the exemption list and could be imported. The thing stopping it is that they want a on absurd amount of money for them that no importer wants to pay. 
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
with preemption, forbidding states and local governments from imposing taxes and registration. Which I don't remember being in the original.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And with the HPA addition, reclassification of suppressors as Title I firearms.
with preemption, forbidding states and local governments from imposing taxes and registration. Which I don't remember being in the original.
Wonder if that will make the new ammo law in CA null.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Go build something with high grade stainless, inconel and/or stellite, to extremely tight tolerances which will result in death or injury if you screw it up... and offer a lifetime warranty... with the ATF looking over your shoulder for audits all the time... and get back to us about how cheap and easy that is.

If something HPA-like passes, then current commercially off the shelf cans will be unobtanium and/or ridiculously expensive for a period until manufacturing and distribution catches up with demand.
View Quote
Mr Boltcatch, How much machining experience do you personally have? Honest answer please. I'm no trying to be an ass. I am just trying to understand your statement above. I can't say that I have extreme extensive experience. But I do have a bit of it with ti ( Ti 6-4) , al (Various), and various stainless steels. The machining is not that difficult to do, just takes quality cutting heads and good equipment. The average joe who can get access to a good quality lathe can make all of this stuff quickly and easily. There is also more "slop" than you would think in most suppressors. ( I have a few suppressors as well )

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You won't though...Economies of scale much? The sheer number of suppressors that will flood the market and the innovation involved with new brands finding their market niche will make the floor fall out of the suppressor market.
View Quote
That's wishful thinking. Established silencer companies that put out known quality products will have the distinct advantage in the market place still. Sure, some buyers that just want a cheap POS silencer will have easier access to them but they're by no means similar to SiCo, SF, or Dead Air.

Should the HPA pass we will see the market flooded with Radical Firearms-esque silencers. No thanks, I'll stick to high quality, durable, full auto rated cans with proven QA/QD systems.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I believe it when i see it.
There is a full scale war on against anything like this. Never gonna happen, never...
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Don't want to step on the HPA thread but there's a section in the SHARE Act called Title XVIII. Summary of that section:

TITLE XVIII—LAWFUL PURPOSE AND SELF-DEFENSE
Sec. 1801. Short title.
Sec. 1802. Elimination of authority to reclassify popular rifle ammunition as
‘‘armor piercing ammunition’’.
Sec. 1803. Elimination of restrictions on importation of non-National Firearms
Act firearm or ammunition that may otherwise be lawfully possessed
and sold in the United States.
Sec. 1804. Protection of shotguns, shotgun shells, and large caliber rifles from
arbitrary classification as ‘‘destructive devices’’.
Sec. 1805. Broadening of the temporary interstate transfer provision to allow
temporary transfers for all lawful purposes rather than just for
‘‘sporting purposes’’.
View Quote
I'm no lawyer, can someone translate what this will actually do?

ETA: Here's a direct link to the bill (thanks jmhal)

Link to American Suppressor Assn with a link to a PDF with the full text of the SHARE Act.
View Quote

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD....

CALLING THE FUCK OUT OF REPS AND SENATORS TOMORROW.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No NFA or suppressor shit though.
Read it again.

Well.........I guess Uncle Sam don't get his.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
So a tube with caps on the end?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He is doing so now, 2018 will be the end result, both the primaries and elections the cucks who stood against him will be fucked, no lube and then sodomized with a cactus.

The Reaper comes for all and do the voters in AZ are sick of him, he only won the primary because Trump helped (maybe do not quote me on that)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So we have to wait until 2018 for Trump to go apeshit on the Establishment??

McCain handily won his last election,so we are stuck with him for another 5 1/2 years.And the healthcare they receive is the best in the world,so don't get your hopes up of the reaper coming............

Yeah,53% to 41% over his democrat challenger.Easily beat his primary challengers as well.

Seems to me,that if the people of Arizona were sick of him,he would have gotten the boot,rather than a 6th term.

I hope you are right on 2018,but I have serious doubts............
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top