Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:57:23 PM EDT
I'm thinking of setting up a display inside a gun shop that will feature some very rare and valuable rifles. Some are virtually irreplaceable. Mostly for cool factor/uniqueness and to attract customers. I have a 10' length of wall space to work with.

Behind the display case would be the building exterior, constructed of concrete block, so pretty secure. For displaying the rifles I would need some sort of display case constructed out of a material that is see through but theft resistant. The building is alarmed and the guns are insured but protecting them from some a smash and grab is important.

Not sure where or what I should be looking for
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I imagine the commercial market makes stuff like you requested for Museums.  Just a thought as far as searching.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact ATM

If you can dream it they can build it...

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I would start out with 3/4-inch multi-layer security glass and then put the 3M film on that.  3M film will probably be used between the glass layers to begin with.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly, CMU isn't that secure unless it is poured solid with grout.

You could embed eye hooks in the concrete with epoxy then run a steel rod thru the trigger guards and the eye hooks.  Locks at both ends of rod to prevent it being pulled out.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Laminated heat strengthened with .090 inner layer

I own a glass business
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top