Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Anything is a step up from Massoftwoshits but you don't want to live anywhere near Commerce Shity, most of Westminster, or Northglenn.

There was a damned good reason I unassed 8 years ago. I spent my entire life there up until that point but it is nothing of what it once was. It's entirely too crowded and expensive.

I would go if you feel it is better, but I am just about certain if you look around you will find areas where the income to cost of living ratio is much better.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#2]
As far as the Denver AWB, the Bass Pro in Denver sells ARs, sooooo.....  You can count AWB charges on the same number of hands as CO mag ban charges.  

Open carry in CO.  Just NOT Denver.

North side (Thornton) has efficiencies and studios for reasonable prices.  Everywhere in the metro area is neighborhood dependant.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Colorado is being loved to death.  Too many people, not enough water, too many shitty east coast/west coast attitudes.  "Don't Californicate Colorado" bumper stickers were popular 40 years ago, it has since happened.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Colorado State income tax is 4.63% flat tax, plus deductions.

Commerce city is a rural farming industrial community about 15 miles outside of downtown Denver. You can avoid much of the Denver traffic if you want.

Denver AWB is only for the city and county of Denver, a tiny island in the heart of the inner city.

Come to the CO HTF!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You couldn't pay me enough to live in Denver.
View Quote
Same.  I don't know how my brother does it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Housing is retarded there. I had an offer, the rent/mortgage issue was going to make a sizeable raise into a lateral move.

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Colorado is being loved to death.  Too many people, not enough water, too many shitty east coast/west coast attitudes.  "Don't Californicate Colorado" bumper stickers were popular 40 years ago, it has since happened.

View Quote
I have heard of the large influx of people to the state.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I didn't look hard enough to find the studio apartments for 7 or 900 or whatever it is you found.

If GoogleEarth is locating everything correctly, RUSH is where that arrow is. The image is less than two years old and it would appear that the truck center is under construction at the time.

There should be plenty of work there. That's one of the locations where they stay open until 10 PM most days.

The upper right community in this image is apparently called Montbello. Looks like you can rent a nice 3/2 for anywhere from 1600 to 2400 a month. All this without ever touching that traffic you hear about.

I'm not from there, so I don't really know. An opportunity to move from MA to CO does seem like kind of a no-brainer to me, though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448198/Capture-LI-191338.jpg
View Quote
Don't live in Montghetto... It was a shithole the last time I was there a few years back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I like the slow, New England everyone's in a hurry.

Yeah got some misinformation clearly. As I said most of this info was from a couple googled searches.

From what I have seen it is cheaper than Mass. A studio in Boston is 1200-1400 typically. Denver looks like 700-900.
View Quote
Most folks I have talked to are in that first range rent wise. A decade ago rent on spacious 2bd was like 700-800 in many areas... Easily double that today.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Lived in Brooks Towers in downtown Denver for 4 years between 87-91. Loved the place, to bad it's gone the way of the liberal. Fantastic weather
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I lived in Colorado for 17 years before moving to Texas.  I lived in Castle Rock.  Great place to live if you enjoy the outdoors and good beer.  Don't move there if you think you will find culinary heaven.  The other posters are correct, the food mostly sucks in the Denver metro and the Front Range.  Take advantage of the company paying for the move.  I loved living in Colorado and will move back when I can get out of Texas.  The weather sucks in Texas but the food is fantastic.

The first several years my wife and tried to spend every weekend in the mountains.  You will get tired of that; too many people and the traffic is horrendous. You will want to go the mountains to "get away" but  EVERYONE else on the Front Range is doing the same thing.  Anywhere along the I-70 corridor is over run with people.  I remember doing what I thought were remote hikes and I would always come across other people.  

Move to Colorado but don't fool yourself into thinking that it is paradise.  When I was living in Colorado, I traveled all over the U.S. for work (management consulting).  Colorado is the BEST place to live if you have to work of a living.  If you don't have to work for a living, there are most certainly more remote areas of the U.S. that I would rather live.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top