Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 9:03:14 PM EDT
"LAS VEGAS — Las Vegas is preparing to be the first city in the nation with vending machines dispensing clean needles in an effort to help combat the spread of hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV, while also possibly leading some drug users into treatment."

More here: http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/Las-Vegas-hopes-to-stem-diseases-with-needle-11084306.php  

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What's a heorine?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's a heorine?
View Quote
A female hero.  Wait, no....uhm....I don't know.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Also, who is Mark and why do you keep saying hello to him?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
No fucks. I'd make the slots pay out in fentanyl laced black tar every 4th pull. Maybe those pricks flicking them fucking whore cards at you every 20 paces would OD instead of pestering the fuck out of everyone.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought Seattle was in the lead on this coast.  Let them shoot up all they want, why give them clean needles though to do it with.  Just prolonging the problem.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#6]
This campaign has been proudly sponsored by the makers of Narcan™.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"LAS VEGAS — Las Vegas is preparing to be the first city in the nation with vending machines dispensing clean needles in an effort to help combat the spread of hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV, while also possibly leading some drug users into treatment."
More here: http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/Las-Vegas-hopes-to-stem-diseases-with-needle-11084306.php  
Aloha, Mark
View Quote
Well, I see it as a city that is acting as an enabler. They believe that any help is actual help even though its not helping the addict. 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Dupe
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#9]
The only thing that influences heroin use in any given area is how much heroin there is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not like junkies are going to skip a high because they don't have a new clean needle.  They are addicts and are going to due stupid addict things. 

Stopping HIV/AIDS and hepatitis are way more important than whatever trivial deterrence effect this law will have.  Every drug addict that gets HIV or hepatitis could potentially accidentally infect other people, like first responders.  Narcan's customers are primarily first responders.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Dispense aids infused needles to accelerate the process.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Op, I don't think finding clean needles is keeping heroine from users, I think it's a good idea. Keeps users out of hospitals and out of the governments pocket.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Also, who is Mark and why do you keep saying hello to him?
View Quote
Second most annoying thing on arfcom
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I guess I thought meth was more prevalent around here. But I don't really run in that circle, so there's that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Wonderful
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Did Mahalo, Mike show up yet?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's not like junkies are going to skip a high because they don't have a new clean needle.  They are addicts and are going to due stupid addict things. 

Stopping HIV/AIDS and hepatitis are way more important than whatever trivial deterrence effect this law will have.  Every drug addict that gets HIV or hepatitis could potentially accidentally infect other people, like first responders.  Narcan's customers are primarily first responders.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Narcan is or will be OTC IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top