Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 12:20:11 PM EDT

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Go Gary!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Lt. Dan.......you got Legs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting that he was nominated in and won under a Television star.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Should have had one 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#4]
You do know that those are bought, not granted as an "honor," right?

Not going after Sinise, stand-up guy, I'm just saying a star on the "walk of fame" is no big deal. 87% of the stars are from people that 95% of the non-Hollywood populace would have never heard about.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You do know that those are bought, not granted as an "honor," right?

Not going after Sinise, stand-up guy, I'm just saying a star on the "walk of fame" is no big deal. 87% of the stars are from people that 95% of the non-Hollywood populace would have never heard about.
View Quote
Yes, the "star" has to pay for their own star, but they do have to be invited to do so. TV is probably appropriate. He starred in CSI:NY for how long?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

TV is probably appropriate. He starred in CSI:NY for how long?
View Quote
I'm not saying it isn't, just pointing out that more people probably know him as "Lieutenant Dan" than know him as "guy on spinoff CSI".

Had he received his deserved nomination 20 years ago it would have been in film.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Gary Sinise is solid gold! Sat next to him on a flight to LAX once, and took the opportunity to thank him for all that he does for our troops. We had a long conversation about veterans, how they're treated by our government, Hollywood and the political and social elites. You could tell without a shadow of a doubt how passionate he was about our troops and our country.... When he learned that I was a veteran who served in Iraq he invited me out to dinner. i politely refused but he insisted. I had to explain to him that I was in LA on business and didn't have the time. He is truly a class act!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Very good, actor. Seems like a great person. Does a lot for the Vets!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gary Sinise is solid gold! Sat next to him on a flight to LAX once, and took the opportunity to thank him for all that he does for our troops. We had a long conversation about veterans, how they're treated by our government, Hollywood and the political and social elites. You could tell without a shadow of a doubt how passionate he was about our troops and our country.... When he learned that I was a veteran who served in Iraq he invited me out to dinner. i politely refused but he insisted. I had to explain to him that I was in LA on business and didn't have the time. He is truly a class act!
View Quote
Now that is without a doubt
Pretty friggin cool.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Should have had one 20 years ago.
View Quote
^   ^   ^   T  H  I  S   ^   ^   ^

I'm amazed that he didn't already have one ! ! !

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I would have put money on him already having one. Gary Rocks
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Great guy and one of my favorite actors. CSI:NY is my favorite of the CSI shows.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I really like him. Great American.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:27:05 PM EDT
[#15]
If only more people were like him. Stand up guy
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I would have put money on him already having one. Gary Rocks
View Quote
Like other have said " Its fee passed and paid for by the Actor or on behalf of the actor. To some more humble celebrities it just doesn't rate the effort.
It's been turned down more than once.
I'd bet some supporters of his stepped up and made it happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top