Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2017 2:11:46 PM EDT
Army veteran severely wounded in rocket attack gets special home in Currituck County

CURRITUCK COUNTY, N.C. - An Army veteran severely injured while fighting in Afghanistan received a specially adapted smart home courtesy of the Gary Sinise Foundation.

U.S. Army Sergeant Gregory Hedrick (Ret.) served two deployments in Iraq and then a third in Afghanistan.

On September 20, 2012 Hedrick was on a mission to recover a vehicle that had been hit by an improvised explosive device.

It was during that mission that Hedrick's vehicle was struck by an armor-piercing rocket propelled grenade.

The attack killed one and left two injured. Hedrick lost his left leg above the knee, most of his left hand and also suffered a traumatic brain injury.

He was flown to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center where he underwant numerous surgeries and years of physical therapy.

Hedrick also suffers from PTSD as a result of the attack.

His current home is unsuited to his needs, which puts a strain on his family.

That's where the Gary Sinese Foundation stepped in to help. Through their R.I.S.E. (Restoring Independence Supporting Empowerment) program, the foundation is building specially adapted smart homes for severely wounded veterans across the country.

Link http://wtkr.com/2017/04/13/army-veteran-severely-wounded-in-rocket-attack-gets-special-home-in-currituck-county/amp/

Gary Sinese has been called the Bob Hope of this generation.  I wish him well and thank him and our Veterans for being an inspirational examples.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't say enough good things about what Gary Sinise does for our vets. Just outstanding. 
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can't say enough good things about what Gary Sinise does for our vets. Just outstanding. 
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
That's fucking cool.

Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Lt. Dan delivers
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1
Much respect for Mr. Sinise,  he has done so much for you soldiers it is truly heartwarming .  Whenever I see and here of the work he and his foundation has done I just picture what if he wasn't there.  Lives are changed from their work in such a dramatic way.

He is a Great American with a Heart bigger than the Moon.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
"You call this a storm!"

Great Guy, wish more Actors were like him. 
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. We love ya Gary.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gary Sinese has been called the Bob Hope of this generation.
View Quote

I'm good with that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Gary Sinise truly loves and cares for our troops, and they return the favor to him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Gary Sinise is a class act.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Gary Sinise has done a lot for the family of an old Army buddy. I wish there were more people like him that would actually "thank you for your service" in some meaningful way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Before someone shits in this thread with some random thing Sinise has done or said or didn't do or say which means we should hate him, I offer a preemptive Shut The Fuck Up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#13]
hes good people that gary sinise
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Class act all the way.  What an example
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Isn't he a #NeverTru...

Quoted:
Before someone shits in this thread with some random thing Sinise has done or said or didn't do or say which means we should hate him, I offer a preemptive Shut The Fuck Up.
View Quote
Uh, nevermind....

Class act he is.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Sinise is the man.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#17]
My company was lucky enough to be involved in two Gary Sinise Foundation homes here in GA. It's a great organization and we were honored to be apart of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top