Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 4:06:39 PM EDT
<thread edited so it is allowed in G.D.>

Here is my newb question:  I see folks on the EE selling guns all day long.  But, I do not do Paypal or have access to a credit card processor.  I guess I could sell the firearm and insist on a money order or they would have to wait for a check to clear.  Then, I would need to ship the firearm to their FFL.  Sounds like a hassle.  How do you do this?  Is there an easy easy way?

I am not looking for absolute full value.  I just want a fair deal on both sides.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Face to face or gun show loop hole.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
USPS money order is safe
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USPS money order is safe
View Quote
I guess that is my question.  I thought there was a lot of fraud on money orders.  I will research.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
USPS money order is safe
View Quote
Never had a problem… Then again, I don’t ship until I have the money order that I cash at the post office.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
USPS money order is safe
View Quote
As the other poster says, not always.

ANY type of payment can be faked or counterfeited. Even cash can be checked with one of those pens and it still be faked/washed.

All checks, both personal and cashiers can be faked. They may at first appear to go through at the bank but can come back days later as fake.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I have bought many firearms through Gun Broker using USPS MOs...for guys that don't have gun shops (and are therefore not credit card capable) it is the norm.

The nice thing is you can send it priority which gives it a tracking # and then both the buyer and the seller know where the "$" is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
My bank has a number they call to verify the postal money order is valid.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I take the USPS MOs to the post office to cash.

If they cash, I send out the item. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top