Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/11/2017 9:08:36 AM EDT
...we don't have enough teenagers, according to this guy:

Is the United States on the Brink of a Political Revolution?

So put yer pmag covers back on.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Yet they are still building bigger schools all over.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Because our bellies are still full and the internet works and the Kardashians are still on tv.

Remove all that and watch the blood spurt.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Cut internet and AC and this country will tear itself apart
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
No, the inner cities will tear themselves apart.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm ok with this.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Because our bellies are still full and the internet works and the Kardashians are still on tv.

View Quote
Nailed it
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I cannot get to the article but I imagine what they mean is that there are not enough teenagers without hope for the future.  One of the things that the US has historically been able to give to everyone is hope that they will be able to change their fortunes.  Someone said that US citizens are all temporarily embarrassed millionaires and there is truth to that, we all believe we can do better tomorrow than we did yesterday.

Once that changes we will see serious changes to the handover of power in the US when someone convinces those teenagers that they haven't got a future without Bernie Sanders as President.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#9]
America is too stoned to fight
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Only the ones with no rightful place to fight.  For them
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#11]
No, it's simply because things aren't bad enough that people value risking everything to change what they view as broken.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#12]
The right person at the right time could set it off.
There just isn't a real leader that the younger generation can follow.
It will have to be an unyielding hard head with scars all over, and plain spoken that reaches notoriety for an act of bravery they can admire.
It will be a mainstream society outlaw if it ever happens.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#13]
The main reason there will be no violent revolution is that there is no separation between apposing sides, with the exception of inner cities and schools.  Nobody cares about them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thst would start things on a very bad note.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I cannot get to the article but I imagine what they mean is that there are not enough teenagers without hope for the future.  One of the things that the US has historically been able to give to everyone is hope that they will be able to change their fortunes.  Someone said that US citizens are all temporarily embarrassed millionaires and there is truth to that, we all believe we can do better tomorrow than we did yesterday.

Once that changes we will see serious changes to the handover of power in the US when someone convinces those teenagers that they haven't got a future without Bernie Sanders as President.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. They are talking about numbers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#17]
The other problem with a revolution is that those on the left that would fight are oblivious to the fact that the vast majority of the country completely disagrees with them.  They believe that everyone would stand, watch, and cheer while they overthrow the government.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The other problem with a revolution is that those on the left that would fight are oblivious to the fact that the vast majority of the country completely disagrees with them.  They believe that everyone would stand, watch, and cheer while they overthrow the government.
View Quote
I'd be curious to hear from those in their 30's or younger. Where I live, they don't feel that they will ever get ahead. Home prices and the mortgages that go with them outweigh what they can afford. They see themselves living in crap neighborhoods until they receive their parents' inheritance. Good thing I don't have to live in the US in 40 years. I feel terrible for the kids and grandkids. As a country, we have no one to blame but ourselves, as we, as a whole somehow voted for these fucks that burned the flag and still call our troops baby killers. All I can do is be a good boy scout and be prepared.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Anyone that has been through the aftermath of a hurricane knows this is the truth.  I saw fist fights between clean cut, well dressed, late middle aged, WASPS at the one open gas station in town within 4 hours of Mathew passing through last year.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh for sure, but thugs drive and if you're not prepared your town, USA will see it's share of thuggyness.

And I hope it's not your wife or mom caught out in the open road coming home from church or walmart.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The main reason there will be no violent revolution is that there is no separation between apposing sides, with the exception of inner cities and schools.  Nobody cares about them.
View Quote
Most politicians these days are basically identical, they could easily run as a D or R by changing a couple minor positions they support/oppose.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm ok with this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm ok with this.
 Ehhh

In the absence of fresh targets of value blundering into their areas, and still out of food, MUYs will begin to forage beyond their desolated home neighborhoods and into suburban borderlands. “Safe” supermarkets and other stores will be robbed in brazen commando-like gang attacks. Carjackings and home invasions will proliferate madly. As I have discussed in my essay “The Civil War Two Cube,” so-called “transitional” and mixed-ethnic areas will suffer the worst violence. These neighborhoods will become utterly chaotic killing zones, with little or no help coming from the overstretched police, who will be trying to rest up for their next shift on riot squad duty, if they have not already deserted their posts to take care of their own families.
https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/bracken-when-the-music-stops-how-americas-cities-may-explode-in-violence/
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#23]
That was a fascinating article. Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#24]
One thing I noticed with the latest small 'dust up' over the whole Trump thing was when the kids were in the streets burning a few garbage cans, there were more people taking pictures than participants.  Must be the sign of the times ...............
The other issue (seems to me) is that it might be all fun and games at first but most are not thirsty for blood (as in a true revolution).  Maybe with the exception of vets, hunters, rural folks (who are familiar with processing their own food), industry working dudes and such ..... oh, wait that's most of the back bone of the country.  Hummmmmm .......... maybe revolution isn't such a good idea after all ..............
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Correlation is not causation. He even admits as much in the article, he doesn't know the actual causes of political revolutions, just that having a disproportionate teenage population is correlated with high levels of violence.

Low average IQ is also correlated with high levels of violence but that's not politically correct so of course some Air Force data analyst isn't going to talk about it.

In fact low average IQ leads to all of the things he claims causes the disproportionate teenage population, high infant mortality, low life expectancy, low education, low GDP, etc.

So stupid countries are more violent and less stable, which makes perfect sense. It's also why they need oppressive dictators to keep them even the least bit stable. You start trying to introduce democracy to countries like that and violence and chaos are the natural result.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#26]
No violent revolution in the US because . . . . . . . .

Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#27]
What Difference Does It Make
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Not going to happen as long as there is food on the shelves and WIFI
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'd be curious to hear from those in their 30's or younger. Where I live, they don't feel that they will ever get ahead. Home prices and the mortgages that go with them outweigh what they can afford. They see themselves living in crap neighborhoods until they receive their parents' inheritance. Good thing I don't have to live in the US in 40 years. I feel terrible for the kids and grandkids. As a country, we have no one to blame but ourselves, as we, as a whole somehow voted for these fucks that burned the flag and still call our troops baby killers. All I can do is be a good boy scout and be prepared.
View Quote
30 or younger here. The American dream is still alive and well for those of us willing to really put in work.

The majority of people my age have no idea what real work is, no plan, no money, and no responsibility, so they aren't worried about much. In five to ten years they may lose hope.

That being said I'm also concerned I may never get to realize my American dream before the second civil war goes hot.  I've made my peace with that possibility as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#31]
The risk/reward calculation is just not favorable to revolution. Our poor people are fat and drive cars. Our standard of living is the envy of the world and comfy living is all most people care about, not all that boring legal bullshit. Most people would rather have cable TV than a right to bear arms. Most can't be bothered to vote and don't want to do jury duty.  Bitching is our national passtime. There is no rebellion coming anytime soon.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Skinny commie teenagers with zero military training will not overthrow the Constitution of the United States.
View Quote
but what they will do is erode it over time and at times it will erode faster then others, and one day they will be just words on a page because those words have been made moot by people wearing blacks robes.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Keep the social security, food, and entertainment coming and we will never see violence against the government.

If the food or entertainment stop, I'd wager we will see a revolution within 3 days.

3 hours if it's the social security.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Truth
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#35]
How many teenagers signed the Declaration of Independence?

Next.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The risk/reward calculation is just not favorable to revolution. Our poor people are fat and drive cars. Our standard of living is the envy of the world and comfy living is all most people care about, not all that boring legal bullshit. Most people would rather have cable TV than a right to bear arms. Most can't be bothered to vote and don't want to do jury duty.  Bitching is our national pass time. There is no rebellion coming anytime soon.
View Quote

It's not about a rebellion or even politics. There is no cause. What there is is a hatred in this country between people ignorantly identifying as left and right.
There will be no traditional, organized campaign, one against the other. There will be increasing sparks of violence that will eventually escalate into what can loosely be described as "civil war". But it will be sloppy and disorganized clusterfuck of thug tactics at first, probably increasing in sophistication with time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Two things are guaranteed in the future. 
1.  The U.S. will see another violent civil war.
2.  The U.S. will balkanize.

Forever is a long, long time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.

The Constitution will fail. It is inevitable. Nations Rise and Fall and Change constantly.

Turn off the EBT cards and your well on your way to a bad time real quick.

I LOL at the notion that the "problems" will stay in the Cities, theres an interstate highway system and even the poorest thug has access to a car... how far away are you from an interstate?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm ok with this.
 Ehhh

In the absence of fresh targets of value blundering into their areas, and still out of food, MUYs will begin to forage beyond their desolated home neighborhoods and into suburban borderlands. “Safe” supermarkets and other stores will be robbed in brazen commando-like gang attacks. Carjackings and home invasions will proliferate madly. As I have discussed in my essay “The Civil War Two Cube,” so-called “transitional” and mixed-ethnic areas will suffer the worst violence. These neighborhoods will become utterly chaotic killing zones, with little or no help coming from the overstretched police, who will be trying to rest up for their next shift on riot squad duty, if they have not already deserted their posts to take care of their own families.
https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/bracken-when-the-music-stops-how-americas-cities-may-explode-in-violence/
Yay that's where I live
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:46:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Some of our best have been fighting and still are.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yep.

The Constitution will fail. It is inevitable. Nations Rise and Fall and Change constantly.

I LOL at the notion that the "problems" will stay in the Cities, theres an interstate highway system and even the poorest thug has access to a car... how far away are you from an interstate?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

It's not too difficult to block a road or otherwise disrupt transportation. Plus once the chaos commences the gasoline supply will shut down quickly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Plausible theory, and it probably has merit, but it may be simplistic.  I wonder about how robust the demographic data may be that supports the conclusions.  Census data from different countries over extended historical time would need to be accurate enough to support the conclusions.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#45]
I am currently reading Hugh Thomas’ book, “The Spanish Civil War”.  I highly recommend this book to anyone wondering about exactly what a real live civil war might look like in a modern country.  Sam Harris does make a very good point when he mentions a certain level of “ambient” political violence being a necessary precursor to outright widespread hostilities.  And based upon our current population level of 320 million people, I would definitely agree with Harris that we are no where near a civil war yet in the U.S.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's not about a rebellion or even politics. There is no cause. What there is is a hatred in this country between people ignorantly identifying as left and right.
There will be no traditional, organized campaign, one against the other. There will be increasing sparks of violence that will eventually escalate into what can loosely be described as "civil war". But it will be sloppy and disorganized clusterfuck of thug tactics at first, probably increasing in sophistication with time.
View Quote
I agree with most of that. Even if there ARE two sides, there are so many fractures within the two that there is no unifying principle to form up around. Increasing violence? Probably. Sloppy, disorganized clusterfuck? Yup. Whether it escalates to civil war or just an uptick in crime statistics? I'm thinking the latter. That is, until we declare a 'War on Naughty Thinking' a la 'War on Drugs'.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Keep the social security, food, and entertainment coming and we will never see violence against the government.

If the food or entertainment stop, I'd wager we will see a revolution within 3 days.

3 hours if it's the social security.
View Quote
Here in Maryland, I can go to the casino and watch people whip out their welfare Bank of America VISA debit cards and drain $500 out of them. I am amazed as they play 2,3 or 5 dollars a pull. Oh well, they must say. Easy come, easy go.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#50]
No revolution could also mean no successful rebellion.

You-uns know the difference between a revolution and a rebellion?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top