Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2016 1:27:46 AM EDT
I'm finally done with my foot surgeries and am looking for a pair of boots.  I'm not looking for the new sneaker style.  It seems all the old brands, like Danner, aren't as good as they used to be.  So let me know who's making good quality and good clean look.

ETA better details for a less derp op: black leather, hot weather, not waterproof (waterproof=pool in Texas), 8", possible zip side.

Update:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Really like the looks of these. Will find who in the area carries some of these so I can try them on. Some of my shoes I wore before just don't fit right anymore, so I'm back to phase one shoe buying again.

Corcoran 985
JUNGLE RUNNER TR900
300 TROP ST
Haix
Altama jungle boots
Dabbed Acadia

Superfeet insoles
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Belleville.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I really like the Garmont T8 Bfida and the Rocky S2V.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:33:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Black leather or brown suede?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Black leather or brown suede?
View Quote

Black leather.  Light weight for Texas heat.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:48:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm finally done with my foot surgeries and am looking for a pair of boots.  I'm not looking for the new sneaker style.  It seems all the old brands, like Danner, aren't as good as they used to be.  So let me know who's making good quality and good clean look.
View Quote
Waterproof?
Insulated?
8-inch shaft?
Duty boots, hiking boots, operator boots, cowboy boots?

What about Oakley sneaker-style boots. You're gonna like the way you look.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:57:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Rocky S2V  can be had in black. If you have foot issues these will be great.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:57:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Waterproof?
Insulated?
8-inch shaft?
Duty boots, hiking boots, operator boots, cowboy boots?

What about Oakley sneaker-style boots. You're gonna like the way you look.
View Quote

black leather, hot weather, not waterproof (waterproof=pool in Texas), 8", possible zip side.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:04:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Rocky S2V  can be had in black. If you have foot issues these will be great.
View Quote

The S2V are more tactical then I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:08:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:10:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you can walk, why not go places and try some different styles of boot? Everything suggested so far, you've disregarded.

Go pick your own boot. Why fucking even ask?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:17:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

black leather, hot weather, not waterproof (waterproof=pool in Texas), 8", possible zip side.
View Quote
I kind of like 5.11 duty boots for their sneaker/hiking boot feel. And they are a bit lighter than my waterproof, insulated, 10-inch Matterhorn boots which I will pull out when I need to shovel a ton of snow.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:31:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Doc Martens

Not really military style but good boots and comfy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:34:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you can walk, why not go places and try some different styles of boot? Everything suggested so far, you've disregarded.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simmer down.  Have looked up all of these. I like the JUNGLE RUNNER TR900, 300 TROP ST, Corcoran.  I'm trying to find some place that sells these so I can do just as you suggest.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:35:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Simmer down.  Have looked up all of these. I like the JUNGLE RUNNER TR900, 300 TROP ST, Corcoran.  I'm trying to find some place that sells these so I can do just as you suggest.
View Quote
What kind of foot surgery if you don't mind me asking?
Maybe you can stick with what has worked for you in the past, but get Superfeet insoles.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:40:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Haix is what you seek. My R1's have seen a lot of conditions over the last 3 years. They keep your feet warm and dry during the colder months and cooler during summer. Only down side is their $300+
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:44:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:46:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Maybe you can stick with what has worked for you in the past, but get Superfeet insoles.
View Quote

Had the Talus and Calcaneus bones fused in both feet.  Left foot didn't fuse so that one got done twice.  Surgeries started a year and a half ago.  The last pair good boots I had were Rocky 10" jump boots.  They lasted a couple years of constant use. But I've spent the last 4-5 years just wears trail runners due to the foot issues. Quality of brands have changed so much I thought I'd get some insight.  Hell Danners used be the best out there but not so much now.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:07:26 AM EDT
[#18]
What about the Altama jungle boots?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:17:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:Danners used be the best out there but not so much now.
View Quote

Odd.  I'm wearing a pair of Danners right now, and have two more pair upstairs, ranging in age from 9 years old down to about 4.  I've not broken or ruined one of them so far.  The Rocky S2V may be a good boot and all (got a set of those, too), but they don't seem anywhere nearly as durable.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:19:05 AM EDT
[#20]
If you rejected Garmont T8's and Danners then I got nothing for you. Get you to walmart and enjoy a pair of Hi-Techs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:41:03 AM EDT
[#21]
TG Outrider. You're welcome.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:45:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Danners are still very good IF you buy made in the USA models.  Its their imported models that are overpriced junk.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:01:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Suggestions were many. Might need to find a custom shoe maker.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:31:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Oakley LSA boots are extremely light but I would not recommended for long extended wear.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I have always liked bates boots. Recently got my first set of side zip boots for riding and went with a pair of Red Wing Works. These however don't keep the rain out so I'm currently looking at a pair of Bates zip up boots.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Do they come with a free SWAT patch?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Wrap your feet in cloth, then duct tape. Super cheap.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Belleville.
View Quote

Belleville 390 TROP
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Serious answer, the wife wore Oakley in Kuwait and loved them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Danners are still very good IF you buy made in the USA models.  Its their imported models that are overpriced junk.
View Quote

Very cool. I was unaware that they had two lines going.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Suggestions were many. Might need to find a custom shoe maker.
View Quote

Why? There's a ton of bad ass suggestions in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What about the Altama jungle boots?
View Quote

They make a "Jungle 2" now with modernized materials but still look like the originals.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will definitely check out the insoles!
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Odd.  I'm wearing a pair of Danners right now, and have two more pair upstairs, ranging in age from 9 years old down to about 4.  I've not broken or ruined one of them so far.  The Rocky S2V may be a good boot and all (got a set of those, too), but they don't seem anywhere nearly as durable.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  I had heard that Danners had lost a lot in their quality but someone else here said it's their non US made ones that have issues.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Are these for industrial work or for hiking? Why do you need black only? Are you a Depeche Mode fan?

What are these for specifically?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I like the Rebok desert boots.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are these for industrial work or for hiking? Why do you need black only? Are you a Depeche Mode fan?

What are these for specifically?
View Quote

These are not for work. Just a nice pair of black boots that will look good for going out while still being long lasting and dependable. I'll wear them hiking/camping and clean them when I'm done. Just an everyday boot that will last.  Look good with jeans while not screaming TACTICAL LIFE. Shtf, truck breaks down, going out to eat, going to the range...
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Do people not wear boots going out anymore?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top