Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2016 9:52:21 PM EDT
I do plan on contacting aimpoint, but I took my pistol out today and was planning on shooting it, but the power/illumination knob won't allow it to turn on. It'll move a little bit, but right before it reaches the 1 setting, it comes up against a hard wall. It has never had any issues and I'm not rough on it. Has anyone seen this? Can I fix it?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't over torque it with  big old flat blade screwdriver, eventually you'll break the stop and damage your sight. Only a retard would do something like that.

Anyway, when I sent it in to Aimpoint (T1, not H1), they mailed me a new sight. Brand new sight, even though I was retarded enough to break it.

Aimpoint earned my business that day.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It worked just fine last week, sat in the safe for a while, went to use it today, no workie.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It worked just fine last week, sat in the safe for a while, went to use it today, no workie.
View Quote

Send it in to Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Nobody has seen this before?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't over torque it with  big old flat blade screwdriver, eventually you'll break the stop and damage your sight. Only a retard would do something like that.Anyway, when I sent it in to Aimpoint (T1, not H1), they mailed me a new sight. Brand new sight, even though I was retarded enough to break it.

Aimpoint earned my business that day.
View Quote

Shots fired.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Called aimpoint and they said send it in, so we'll see if they fit it or replace it.

I figured since I was all ambitious about calling people I might as well call Ruger and ask about my 17hmr that quit extracting about 6 months ago, they're sending me new parts.

And I had to give ALG a call and buy a replacement hardware pack for the six second mount I had to destroy most of the bolts to remove them, everything else fared alright though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Why was it off?

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why was it off?
View Quote

Seriously. All it does is put extra wear on the switch. 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why was it off?
View Quote

I turn stuff off when not in use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top