Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/19/2016 7:56:25 PM EDT
I don't see soldiers from any other country doing this, but I'm not a definitive expert on rifle holds.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It's how you respectfully carry the white surrender flag.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Rifle gets a little heavy after a few hours, resting it on mag pouches allows some respite.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Cuz they have very heavy guns and it looks cool
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The FR F2 sniper rifle is pretty weird looking. That's what interests me. Not the arms crossing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Because the have no intentions of using them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't see soldiers from any other country doing this, but I'm not a definitive expert on rifle holds.

View Quote

Doesn't seem all that odd to me. Chris Kyle was always holding his Gladius like that in his publicity photos.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#7]
when I was in Ireland I saw both British and Irish soldiers
carrying like that , rifle gets heavy after a while .
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Takes the weight off of skinny euro arms

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Just so everyone talking shit about them knows, I hope they're aware thousands of American troops carry their rifles the same way.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#10]
This does not seem unusual or even a Euro thing.  I have seen people from a lot of nations/continents carry this way.

ETA:  prob somewhat easier to rest bill pup on chest to this way too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#11]
French soldiers are actually considered really excellent soldiers and are engaged in combat in Africa (Mali etc) on a regular basis. They also have some very good weapons. Like the mini-mortars they use to great effect. They're pretty badass soldiers if you ask me. So are the Canadians I have trained with. Very professional and technically/tactically proficient.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
So that's what the guy from game of thrones does for a day job.

Resting them in pouches / pistol.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is th elight mortar they use. It's really cool.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance-grenade_individuel_Mle_F1_(LGI_Mle_F1)

Our army should be using these.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
French soldiers are actually considered really excellent soldiers and are engaged in combat in Africa (Mali etc) on a regular basis. They also have some very good weapons. Like the mini-mortars they use to great effect. They're pretty badass soldiers if you ask me. So are the Canadians I have trained with. Very professional and technically/tactically proficient.
View Quote

Her der white flag derp der only dropped once

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#17]
If you are french I imagine its easier to drop it when you have to run away like a school girl screaming from the bad men...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#18]
"Iz how de hol'd de Poo'pe."

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]
ITT dudes that have never been to war talking shit about dudes killing Muslim terrorists in Africa in war that is never reported about.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ITT dudes that have never been to war talking shit about dudes killing Muslim terrorists in Africa in war that is never reported about.
View Quote

Well, they need to do more killing of Muslims in Paris before I'd take notice.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If you are french I imagine its easier to drop it when you have to run away like a school girl screaming from the bad men...
View Quote

Ask an American soldier who has fought alongside the French what they think of the fighting capabilities of French units. You'll change your tune.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark
View Quote

You need to enlist and fight before your opinion of anyone's military is worth jack fucking shit.
You chicken hawk pansy.
How many Muslims have you killed? How many times have you deployed to some third world shit hole to fight a war no one gives a shit about while politicians at home seem to be set on destroying your country you love with every fiber of your being by letting the very people you are fighting into it?

poster sanctioned for personal attacks.  raf
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Rifle gets a little heavy after a few hours, resting it on mag pouches allows some respite.
View Quote

This. ^

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This does not seem unusual or even a Euro thing.  I have seen people from a lot uof nations/continents carry this way.

ETA:  prob somewhat easier to rest bill pup on chest to this way too.
View Quote

The three photographs I've included in the original post were saved over a long period of time to my tablet.   I went out of my way to save pictures of soldiers I saw doing this, figuring that at some point in the interim, I would have found some training manual for French soldiers that outlined this particular hold.  I've never seen a picture of a soldier from another country doing this, or I would have mentioned it in the OP, and I would have saved  the picture to my tablet.   I can only seem to find one photo of Chris Kyle holding it in this particular way-- it is the first result on Google if you type in the name of the rifle and "Chris Kyle".  I only started this thread out of curiosity.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#26]
We carried our rifles and SAWs like that often in the Corps.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#27]
I often hunt with a 16 lb pig of a rifle and typically hike several miles in and out.  That is how I carry my pig.  It's the easiest way to carry and have it readily accessible.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The FR F2 sniper rifle is pretty weird looking. That's what interests me. Not the arms crossing.
View Quote

sort of want
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#29]
You've never walked for a few hours with a rifle before have you...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You need to enlist and fight before your opinion of anyone's military is worth jack fucking shit.
You chicken hawk pansy.
How many Muslims have you killed? How many times have you deployed to some third world shit hole to fight a war no one gives a shit about while politicians at home seem to be set on destroying your country you love with every fiber of your being by letting the very people you are fighting into it?
View Quote

You need to take your chill pills dude.

Calling someone a "Chicken Hawk Pansy" is in my opinion a good way to get banned.  But, I'm not gonna tempt faith by returning an insult.   Been there and done that.

BTW....on 2nd thought....

"Awww, forgetaboutit."

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I take it OP has never carried a rifle for a living or even carried a rifle over terrain for a few hours at a time. 

and LOL at all the shit talkers about the French army.  No fucking clue. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I do that bird hunting.  It is comfy.

ETA in this thread we learn who is familiar with carrying long arms...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Calling someone a "Chicken Hawk Pansy" is in my opinion a good way to get banned.  But, I'm not gonna tempt faith by returning an insult.   Been there and done that.

"Awww, forgetaboutit."

Aloha, Mark
View Quote

Lol.

You remind me of the guy who talks shit, then when it comes time to throw down puts his hands up and goes "ah naw man, I don't wanna do that, cops will get called, it's all cool."

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Man, this thread went ugly fast...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark

I swear it seems like you find every opportunity to post inane crap just to have a chance to say "Aloha, Mark".
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#36]
don't euro .mil slings have a chest clip that positions the rifle that way?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I take it OP has never carried a rifle for a living or even carried a rifle over terrain for a few hours at a time. 

View Quote

Typical GD. Writing checks with their mouth that their asses will never cash.

You can attach me to any French unit you like.  For that matter Canadian, Polish or Danish too. All are first class.

Also, it's a common carry method used by just about everyone.

Well. Except for the guys that only pick up a rifle to put it on a bench
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I do that bird hunting.  It is comfy.

ETA in this thread we learn who is familiar with carrying long arms...
View Quote

I'll have to give it a try. I usually one hand carry it, crook of arm carry, or safari carry. Then again, I am not in formation worrying about pointing my rifle at people in front of, or behind me, which would preclude most of my methods of carry. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I've carried like that on SWAT team raids (after the scene is secured!).  Certainly better than having it slung.

-K
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Next thing, someone will be bitching about Armies that are bullpup users slinging their weapons across their chest when in formation or marching, instead of shoulder arms.

Shit, I carried my M-16 with the magazine well and magazine resting just on top of and behind my right side ammo pouch (muzzle point forward and down) with the old ALICE gear set up when on a walking post.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#41]
When you actually carry a rifle all day instead of playing dress up and going to the range to look cool they start to feel heavy.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark
View Quote

FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION RECRUITMENT...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#43]
The French are all about 'style.'

Chris
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Is that dude Pauly Shore? So that's where he's been.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

"Awww, forgetaboutit."

Aloha, Mark
View Quote

Chicken Hawk Pansy.

Aloha, Doom
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This. ^
View Quote

Yup, some of you need to get out of the basement and walk with you gear for a bit
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You can attach me to any French unit you like.  For that matter Canadian, Polish or Danish too. All are first class.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

British too.  It was very common with the L1A1, although Royal Marines seem to be disciplined more to carry at least at a low patrol ready, even if the stock is tucked under the arm.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#49]
French rifles for sale: Never been fired, only dropped once.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#50]
After a 2 hour patrol, rifles get heavy.
No matter how light the are.

Unless I'm just a pussy, then again every Soldier, grunt, ect must be a pussy too then
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top