Chicken Hawk Pansy.

Aloha, Doom
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You need to take your chill pills dude.

Calling someone a "Chicken Hawk Pansy" is in my opinion a good way to get banned.  But, I'm not gonna tempt faith by returning an insult.   Been there and done that.

BTW....on 2nd thought....

"Awww, forgetaboutit."

Aloha, Mark
View Quote

I've called people alot worse than chicken hawk pansy and I'm still here.
You are running your mouth about a group of men who are out doing work fighting our mutual enemy.
How much of a little nancy boy do you have to be in order to mouth off about dudes fighting terrorists because you hold some sort of grudge against their great grand fathers?
No idea why people still hold this stupid shitty grudge like they themselves were shot at by Vichy French forces in North Africa during Operation Torch.

poster sanctioned for previous personal attacks.  raf
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sort of reminds me of the way that we used to cradle the shotgun in our arms when we were pheasant hunting.
View Quote

I'm not a soldier, but I've certainly carried firearms in both of those poses while hunting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Q:  why do they do it?

A:  because it's effective
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You need to enlist and fight before your opinion of anyone's military is worth jack fucking shit.
You chicken hawk pansy.
How many Muslims have you killed? How many times have you deployed to some third world shit hole to fight a war no one gives a shit about while politicians at home seem to be set on destroying your country you love with every fiber of your being by letting the very people you are fighting into it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, they need to do more killing of Muslims in Paris before I'd take notice.

Aloha, Mark

You need to enlist and fight before your opinion of anyone's military is worth jack fucking shit.
You chicken hawk pansy.
How many Muslims have you killed? How many times have you deployed to some third world shit hole to fight a war no one gives a shit about while politicians at home seem to be set on destroying your country you love with every fiber of your being by letting the very people you are fighting into it?

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
After a 2 hour patrol, rifles get heavy.
No matter how light the are.
IP
Unless I'm just a pussy, then again every Soldier, grunt, ect must be a pussy too then
View Quote

You can't judge them! They had to carry their rifle all the way from the parking lot!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I often hunt with a 16 lb pig of a rifle and typically hike several miles in and out.  That is how I carry my pig.  It's the easiest way to carry and have it readily accessible.
View Quote

Are you hunting with a bench gun? Or is this a huge double rifle? I know guys who hunt with their light 1000yd bench gun, but not many. And they don't usually carry it far. Last time I did it the thing caused me to be stuck in my chair when I needed to get up to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Some people in this thread need to google Verdun.

Also, they're ditching the FAMAS for new HK416F rifles.

Attachment Attached File

Want.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The three photographs I've included in the original post were saved over a long period of time to my tablet.   I went out of my way to save pictures of soldiers I saw doing this, figuring that at some point in the interim, I would have found some training manual for French soldiers that outlined this particular hold.  I've never seen a picture of a soldier from another country doing this, or I would have mentioned it in the OP, and I would have saved  the picture to my tablet.   I can only seem to find one photo of Chris Kyle holding it in this particular way-- it is the first result on Google if you type in the name of the rifle and "Chris Kyle".  I only started this thread out of curiosity.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you hunting with a bench gun? Or is this a huge double rifle? I know guys who hunt with their light 1000yd bench gun, but not many. And they don't usually carry it far. Last time I did it the thing caused me to be stuck in my chair when I needed to get up to shoot.
View Quote

Savage 10PC, Bushnell Elite 3-12, Burris rings, EGW base, 9 Rd mag, 1907 sling, TBAC 30BA, Harris bipod (7-11" I think ... Not the BRM), it all adds up.  I keep trying to find a lighter alternative, but it works very well for me.  Not a bench rifle.  Just an old precision (ish) rifle that is now relagated to my beater deer gun.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a damn comfortable way to carry a rifle, even if it has a sling, the sling will dig into the same spot and when you carry it like that it keeps the pressure off the sling and will give the neck and shoulders a rest.

Hell, at the range I will hold my rifle like that when others are shooting, it feels normal to me and is damn comfortable.

And some peoples kids in this thread

I'll take the French or polish over some of our so called allies any day.
The French are some hardcore fighters that have been fucked over so many times by their so called leaders, if they were let loose all you would find is scorched earth and the troops sitting around drinking wine and smoking cigs as they look over the destruction they brought upon those that they fought.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Let me reiterate; When you are carrying a rifle for hours at a time, you tend to find a comfortable way to rest it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Carry a rifle around long enough "at the ready" or in font of you, not slung on your back, and you will find yourself in the same stance.
Its just a natural way to easily support the rifle while easing some of the load.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:56:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's how you respectfully carry the white surrender flag.
View Quote

It's actually a nice way to carry firearms when you're not going to need it that second, but don't want to sling it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll often end up carrying my rifle like that while hunting. I usually don't think about it... just happens.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#17]
What others said plus it is a pretty good ready position compared to carrying it on your back or side. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Rifle gets a little heavy after a few hours, resting it on mag pouches allows some respite.
View Quote

This is your answer. Those guys have been carrying a rifle for a long time, or anticipate doing so. We did the same long,long ago when I was a Soldier. Back then we had Iron Sights and long barrels.
Sorry, just thought i'd throw a "old timer quote" in there.

We really did have Iron Sights and 20" barrels.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
ITT dudes that have never been to war talking shit about dudes killing Muslim terrorists in Africa in war that is never reported about.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
French soldiers are actually considered really excellent soldiers and are engaged in combat in Africa (Mali etc) on a regular basis. They also have some very good weapons. Like the mini-mortars they use to great effect. They're pretty badass soldiers if you ask me. So are the Canadians I have trained with. Very professional and technically/tactically proficient.
View Quote

This dude looks like he prolly don't surrender often...

I suspect that the white flag reputation comes from the actions of the French government, not the rank and file soldiers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Vive La France!

I'll take all the friends we can get.

Also...Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive la Légion Etrangère
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Not a soldier but when I hunted as a kid I carried rifle that way if I was alone.
If with others I carried it slung, muzzle up.

Why?  I was taught to
Keep gun in front of you when possible as it gets bumped less.  But with people nearby it was always muzzle
Up.
Sling was best way to do that
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Typical GD. Writing checks with their mouth that their asses will never cash.

You can attach me to any French unit you like.  For that matter Canadian, Polish or Danish too. All are first class.

Also, it's a common carry method used by just about everyone.

Well. Except for the guys that only pick up a rifle to put it on a bench
View Quote

You can add Brit, swede, Aussie, German and kiwi to that list,
i worked with Ukrainians in a couple of places (granted they were cream of the crop) and they were pretty fucking moto too
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You can't judge them! They had to carry their rifle all the way from the parking lot!
View Quote

LoL

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Rifle gets a little heavy after a few hours, resting it on mag pouches allows some respite.
View Quote

This^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because the have no intentions of using them.
View Quote

Oh, for fuck's sake.

Read this
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I take it OP has never carried a rifle for a living or even carried a rifle over terrain for a few hours at a time. 

and LOL at all the shit talkers about the French army.  No fucking clue. 
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Some people in this thread need to google Verdun.

Also, they're ditching the FAMAS for new HK416F rifles.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/446939/HK416F-C-905x352-110893.JPG

Want.
View Quote

why so that it will break on you?

(in all seriousness in my experience they tend to break at a higher rate than a standard M4)(I use one at work)( I also work on a crap ton of them at work)
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just so everyone talking shit about them knows, I hope they're aware thousands of American troops carry their rifles the same way.
View Quote

That's weird.  I was Infantry and don't recall that style of hold.  I used to rest my SAW on magazine pouches periodically during hours-long road marches or on deployments but never even thought about trying that style of hold.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#31]
So... where's the pit thread?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I often held My M16A3 That way while standing watch in the Navy. Not High speed at all just a Gunners Mate who Stood a few watches. I found that was pretty comfortable with the Ultra Tactical 3 point slings we had. Didn't think much about it until i saw this post.

ETA Like the second picture the OP Posted not the first.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's how you respectfully carry the white surrender flag.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The three photographs I've included in the original post were saved over a long period of time to my tablet.   I went out of my way to save pictures of soldiers I saw doing this, figuring that at some point in the interim, I would have found some training manual for French soldiers that outlined this particular hold.  I've never seen a picture of a soldier from another country doing this, or I would have mentioned it in the OP, and I would have saved  the picture to my tablet.   I can only seem to find one photo of Chris Kyle holding it in this particular way-- it is the first result on Google if you type in the name of the rifle and "Chris Kyle".  I only started this thread out of curiosity.

https://www.army.mil/e2/-images/2011/05/10/108018/army.mil-108018-2011-05-10-080510.jpg

What the fuck?  Where are their helmets.  No matter what kind of suck-ass shit we were doing they were never allowed to come off.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#35]
We wouldn't have won the American Revolution without them.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep I do it hunting even.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#38]
There are some real jerks in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There are some real jerks in this thread.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You need to take your chill pills dude.

Calling someone a "Chicken Hawk Pansy" is in my opinion a good way to get banned.  But, I'm not gonna tempt faith by returning an insult.   Been there and done that.

BTW....on 2nd thought....

"Awww, forgetaboutit."

Aloha, Mark
View Quote

Thank you for your service.

Aloha, Longhunter09
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
there's a meme on Arfcom about how the French Army surrendered en mass during WW II.  It's false.
View Quote

Then where are the sanctions for the morons that drop the white flag bullshit in every single thread about the French? But the one guy who calls them as they are gets sanctions?

The white flag meme is every bit as fucking stupid as the 9/11 truthers who (rightfully) get banned on sight.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ITT dudes that have never been to war talking shit about dudes killing Muslim terrorists in Africa in war that is never reported about.

What they said
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Speaking of odd carry, some old photographs show the Wermacht carrying rifles slung, but across the chest similar to what the OP mentions.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

why so that it will break on you?

(in all seriousness in my experience they tend to break at a higher rate than a standard M4)(I use one at work)( I also work on a crap ton of them at work)
View Quote

I know it's heavy, but all the cool kids have them, and there's an adjustable gas system on the latest version of the HK416 that the French just adopted to let it run better suppressed (at least in theory).

What in your experience breaks on the ones you work with?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Because they all force bought FAMASs instead of eco'ing and they know they goofed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
French soldiers are actually considered really excellent soldiers and are engaged in combat in Africa (Mali etc) on a regular basis. They also have some very good weapons. Like the mini-mortars they use to great effect. They're pretty badass soldiers if you ask me. So are the Canadians I have trained with. Very professional and technically/tactically proficient.
View Quote

I used to play Day Of Defeat with a dude in the Canadian Arty, since they did not deploy to fight terror, He joined the US Army to go fight.  not sure what happened to him.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Let me reiterate; When you are carrying a rifle for hours at a time, you tend to find a comfortable way to rest it.
View Quote

That's pretty much it. If you've walked around with a 10lb rifle longer than 10 minutes you discover easier ways to carry it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aloha, Mark

1.  Are there any surviving terrorists from the Paris attacks?

2.  I can tell you've never worked with the French military.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top