Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/19/2016 2:39:05 PM EDT
Millennials looking to fix overpiercing, remove tattoos

And it's not just ear piercing. Many are seeking to reverse the impulsive, perhaps keg-fueled decisions of their not-quite-lost youths. That tongue piercing, that bone through the nose, that conspicuously placed tattoo you got in college may not go over so big now in a job interview, or in the board room. It's time to conform to the real world.

"A lot of things that are great for the club are not great for the interview," he adds. "One of the things we teach is wear a very conservative suit. And I get push-back on that. 'Do you want us all to look the same? You told us to differentiate ourselves.' It sounds contradictory, but I want a dark suit and a light shirt or blouse so that people are looking at your face and listening to what you say. The tattoo doesn’t help. It is incredibly distracting."

"I had a guy who wanted to join the military, and because he had this gauge deformity, he felt he had to get it fixed," Sterman says. "You are allowed certain tattoos, but things are still very strict. He had this huge loop for an earlobe."
View Quote

It's almost like confession and absolution for inkies.  Wipe away your filthy inkiness!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:40:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Nah, I'm good.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I wear earrings.  My wife dressed up like Dorthy from The Wizard of Oz the other night and let me hit it doggy style, whats up?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wear earrings.  My wife dressed up like Dorthy from The Wizard of Oz the other night and let me hit it doggy style, whats up?
View Quote

lol'd
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let you? Lol
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
No surprise here. " this seemed like a good idea at the time, but looking like a spray painted turd with holes in it somehow just didn't turn out like I thought it would". 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Are you trying to say that a neck tattoo was a bad idea?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Let you? Lol
View Quote

Well, she actually told me to.  I prefer lazy man style on my side. I think being circumsized made my shit less sensitive, so I can only bust a nut certain ways. I wiggle my toes when I'm about to jizz, don't know if thats normal, though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dude...that's just....sick. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

She wouldn't dress up like The Cowardly Lion, so Dorthy was a compromise.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's all good, unless she was calling you Toto.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#11]
And here I am working on full sleeves....At 50
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, she actually told me to.  I prefer lazy man style on my side. I think being circumsized made my shit less sensitive, so I can only bust a nut certain ways. I wiggle my toes when I'm about to jizz, don't know if thats normal, though.
View Quote

Can you only do anal too?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Cougars just get hotter with each passing year. Sexy as hell.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And here I am working on full sleeves....At 50
View Quote

That can certainly work.  I worked with a guy that was an IT executive with full sleeves and a full back piece.  You would never know it with a dress shirt on.

It's the guys getting massive neck or facial tats that may be limiting the industries they can work in.  I am seeing more floppy earlobes from removed gauges every year, too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let you? Lol

Diesel? Is that you?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh. I don't regret shit. These people are pussies.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Diesel? Is that you?
View Quote

I miss Diesel.

But unlike Diesel, I have never fucked a tranny.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can you only do anal too?
View Quote

Is that an offer.  I have to warn you, I'm not gentle.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Next you'll tell me people regret buying beanie babies!  Tattoos are a fad, like every other fad the popularity will fade.  Unfortunately you can't just put your tattoos in a box in the attic and hope they'll be cool again some day
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TC
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#23]
The tattoos don't bother me, but these idiots who put these big meat hoops in their ears to stretch out their ear lobes like some kind of Zulu warrior, I look at these people and just shake my head. I hope they enjoy working at QuickTrip because no one is ever going to give them a job anywhere else.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Inkyness cannot be removed. It's a stain on the soul.

We pureskins recognize this and treat them accordingly  

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#25]
"But how can I be a special snowflake, unique in all the world, for all to worship, if I don't have a vagina-butterfly tattooed on my neck?"
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I have always said that if I wanted a sudden career change, I would learn how to do tattoo removal. I imagine that a person could make a dump truck full of money if they set up shop in the right place. Maybe I should go learn...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The tattoos don't bother me, but these idiots who put these big meat hoops in their ears to stretch out their ear lobes like some kind of Zulu warrior, I look at these people and just shake my head. I hope they enjoy working at QuickTrip because no one is ever going to give them a job anywhere else.
View Quote

Good.  I like to have instant visual ID of people who make poor, life-changing decisions with little regard to their negative consequences.  Weeding them out up front makes it easier to hire people who DO make good decisions.

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Seems some folks are finding out that many companies are kind of uptight about hiring people who look like carnies.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Pussies
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Inkyness cannot be removed. It's a stain on the soul.

We pureskins recognize this and treat them accordingly  
View Quote

I don't know.  Tattoo removal is not a painless process and to be willing to undergo it shows sincere regret.  

I think Tattoo removal is the equivalent of the sacrament of reconciliation for inkies.  They are forgiven, but still have some temporal consequences.  I'm not willing to condemn someone who is willing to go to that much effort to repent of their filthy inkiness.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#32]
In before DK_Prof!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Years ago had a damn dirty inkie as a manager, when departments were 100+

He'd wear long sleeve shirts to hide the Marine emblem on his forearm
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it takes a lot of commitment to say you're going to live in a trailer park all your life.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I was in Savannah yesterday and walked by a tattoo shop on one block and a tattoo removal place on the next.  Never got into them myself but whatever.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Saw a late 20s/early 30s girl working at a fast food restaurant recently. She had a strip of cloth tied around her neck mostly hiding her neck tat.

I'm 51, and spent 6+ years in the Navy. I don't get the appeal of tattoos, but to each his/her own. Just don't bitch if your actions have consequences.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Shiiiiiiiiiiit!  I got a mil/gov job after I retired from the Army.  Now I'm thinking about getting the tops of my hands tattoo'd because I couldn't while I served.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Next you'll tell me people regret buying beanie babies!  Tattoos are a fad, like every other fad the popularity will fade.  Unfortunately you can't just put your tattoos in a box in the attic and hope they'll be cool again some day
View Quote

Yeah any day now that decades old fad is just gonna fade away.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#39]
How can people not see that tattoos are a terrible idea in the first place? They're universally hideous and stupid. And expensive.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't regret any of my tattoos either but I'm not sure I'd call them pussies.   They just failed to make themselves useful/respected in a valuable field.  I work for a large corporation and have a full sleeve that probably half of our executives have seen and yet I still get called upon by our corporate group and get assigned to the important projects because I've made my worth known.   
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How can people not see that tattoos are a terrible idea in the first place? They're universally hideous and stupid. And expensive.
View Quote

Typically the hideous and stupid ones aren't expensive, with tattoos you really do get what you pay for 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I would like to thank OP for a solid addition to the word-usage/spelling canon:

inkiness: something printers worry about
inkyness: refers to tats
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I guess I don't regret any of mine because I'm just barely not a millennial. Whew, dodged that bullet. And I even have some pretty questionable ink

ETA- though all my ink is covered by shirt, shorts and shoes so I suppose that helps too....
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#44]
All of my inkie friends were in the service, the one with the most tattoos was MI and is making millions in infosec.

I like some nice titty piercings but you can keep all the strange facial stuff.

<---cleanskin
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have always said that if I wanted a sudden career change, I would learn how to do tattoo removal. I imagine that a person could make a dump truck full of money if they set up shop in the right place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I have always said that if I wanted a sudden career change, I would learn how to do tattoo removal. I imagine that a person could make a dump truck full of money if they set up shop in the right place.

My friend who does it makes very good money.

Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it takes a lot of commitment to say you're going to live in a trailer park all your life.

Meh, I have two and no trailer park here. Just get a job were they're allowed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#47]
The best ones are the ones who went to scratchers to get free Bernie tattoos during the primary.

http://thetab.com/us/2016/07/14/we-asked-sanders-fans-if-they-regret-getting-bernie-tattoos-28202
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Or keep them easily hidden. Either way...
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Piercings and gauges are getting out of hand.  When I retire, I want to get a sleeve.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top