Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Tats shouldn't be that big of a deal, 90% of the time (depending on where they're at). 

The guys that gauge their earlobes in college are the ones I wonder about later on down the road. I'm not sure how easy that one is to fix. It looks kind of ridiculous by the time your late 30's roll around, and if you don't work in a really hip and laid back kind of place...I dunno. I guess it depends on your career path. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in Savannah yesterday and walked by a tattoo shop on one block and a tattoo removal place on the next.  Never got into them myself but whatever.
View Quote

Guaranteed business - like a physical therapist setting up shop next door to a crossfit gym.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this a "body shaming" thread?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:38:22 PM EDT
[#4]
My incredibly inked up sister in law works in a tattoo removal place, according to her, business is BOOMING. like months out on appointments that take 15 minuets per session.

big money in that now..
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I miss Diesel.

But unlike Diesel, I have never fucked a tranny.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diesel? Is that you?

I miss Diesel.

But unlike Diesel, I have never fucked a tranny.

Well, buy a Dodge.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Every generation grows up hating everything about their parents, and vows to be "different."  Eventually, with a little maturity, they almost all have a "OMG I've become my mother/father" moment.  This would be one symptom of that.

I've said for years this tattoo fad is silly in the extreme, because fads come and go--but tattoos just come, they never go.  
View Quote

On the other hand, humans have been putting markings on their skin since before recorded history...but yeah, I'm sure the fad will be over soon
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On the other hand, humans have been putting markings on their skin since before recorded history...but yeah, I'm sure the fad will be over soon
View Quote

Every human sin and degradation has its historical antecedent. Inkies are no different.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the real world, where you have to actually get hired in order to get paid.  Good luck getting a job when you have shit sticking out of your face and tats all over both arms, hands, and sometimes neck and face.  Their body modification choices often mirror their choices in college degrees.  ZERO foresight and expect the world to bow to their ignorance.  Go back to mommy's basement and enjoy your poor life choices.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Every human sin and degradation has its historical antecedent. Inkies are no different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, that really has nothing to do with my post which is saying that tattoos are not a fad.

If you really think tattoos are a sin and degradation...well, then bless your heart.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Regret, read my head.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Next you'll tell me people regret buying beanie babies!  Tattoos are a fad, like every other fad the popularity will fade.  Unfortunately you can't just put your tattoos in a box in the attic and hope they'll be cool again some day
View Quote

In a time where tats and piercings are the signs of conformity, I'm a pureskin rebel.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Dirty inkies with their dirty inkiness.

They shouldn't be allowed to rejoin the ranks of pureskins.  Tattoo removal should be illegal.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Know what my tattoos will look like when I'm 60?

FUCKING AWESOME.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you really think tattoos are a sin and degradation...well, then bless your heart.
View Quote

Its not like I said that inkies themselves were inherently more sinful than pureskins.

I'd never intimate that. Never.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wear earrings.  My wife dressed up like Dorthy from The Wizard of Oz the other night and let me hit it doggy style, whats up?
View Quote

So you went Toto on her?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Its not like I said that inkies themselves were inherently more sinful than pureskins.

I'd never intimate that. Never.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They shouldn't be allowed to rejoin the ranks of pureskins.  Tattoo removal should be illegal.  

View Quote

"As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." I doubt most inkies will be able to behave responsibly long enough not to let their natural deviance show forth once more with dubious ink. That doesn't mean that we should deny them redemptive tattoo removal. We just need to be prepared for criminal like rate of inky recidivism.

Not that inkies are criminals. Not at all. Not all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." I doubt most inkies will be able to behave responsibly long enough not to let their natural deviance show forth once more with dubious ink. That doesn't mean that we should deny them redemptive tattoo removal. We just need to be prepared for criminal like rate of inky recidivism.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is that tattoo removal deprives the rest of the world of vital information about a person's judgement.  

Tattoos are useful.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  They serve a purpose in society.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The problem is that tattoo removal deprives the rest of the world of vital information about a person's judgement.  

Tattoos are useful.  Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  They serve a purpose in society.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately for you guys, there's a lot of undercover inkies too- like me- you won't know I'm a criminal until it's too late. I was brought up from a young age to infiltrate the blank skin ranks, and am required to keep all ink under normal clothes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Now I'm thinking about getting the tops of my hands tattoo'd because I couldn't while I served.
View Quote

now that's a good reason to mark yourself for life!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Unfortunately for you guys, there's a lot of undercover inkies too- like me- you won't know I'm a criminal until it's too late. I was brought up from a young age to infiltrate the blank skin ranks, and am required to keep all ink under normal clothes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself RoG.

We know you're an inky...we just like you in spite of it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself RoG.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself RoG.

Don't humor me, nobody likes me
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Shiiiiiiiiiiit!  I got a mil/gov job after I retired from the Army.  Now I'm thinking about getting the tops of my hands tattoo'd because I couldn't while I served.
View Quote

Get something useful put there, like the rules for apostrophe usage.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Tats shouldn't be that big of a deal, 90% of the time (depending on where they're at). 

The guys that gauge their earlobes in college are the ones I wonder about later on down the road. I'm not sure how easy that one is to fix. It looks kind of ridiculous by the time your late 30's roll around, and if you don't work in a really hip and laid back kind of place...I dunno. I guess it depends on your career path. 
View Quote

The holes get sewn back up, and the end result looks pretty decent
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Cougars just get hotter with each passing year. Sexy as hell. http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/tattooed-elderly-people-24__605.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was in Savannah yesterday and walked by a tattoo shop on one block and a tattoo removal place on the next.  Never got into them myself but whatever.
View Quote
Where is Sylvester McMonkey McBean when you need him?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#30]
That reminds me. I'm overdue for another one.

It'll be #10 for me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself RoG.

Yea, but you make the rest of us look like studs.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Their tattoos can be removed. Shame their hepatitis can't
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:26:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Every time that I think about getting a tattoo, I think "What if I don't give a shit about x in five years?"  

I find skulls, spider webs and flames to be cliché.  I find it stupid to get a corporate logo emblazoned on my body so sports teams are out as are automotive badges.    I wasn't a Marine so an EGA is out.  

Maybe the Philmont bull.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Wife and I both make 6 figure salaries working for the govmt and both have tattoos. Odd how gd seems to be wrong sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't know.  Tattoo removal is not a painless process and to be willing to undergo it shows sincere regret.  

I think Tattoo removal is the equivalent of the sacrament of reconciliation for inkies.  They are forgiven, but still have some temporal consequences.  I'm not willing to condemn someone who is willing to go to that much effort to repent of their filthy inkiness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inkyness cannot be removed. It's a stain on the soul.

We pureskins recognize this and treat them accordingly  

I don't know.  Tattoo removal is not a painless process and to be willing to undergo it shows sincere regret.  

I think Tattoo removal is the equivalent of the sacrament of reconciliation for inkies.  They are forgiven, but still have some temporal consequences.  I'm not willing to condemn someone who is willing to go to that much effort to repent of their filthy inkiness.

If the removal is a quasi-flagellation, do inkies still do time in inky "Purgatory" as a matter of principle?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The tattoos don't bother me, but these idiots who put these big meat hoops in their ears to stretch out their ear lobes like some kind of Zulu warrior, I look at these people and just shake my head. I hope they enjoy working at QuickTrip because no one is ever going to give them a job anywhere else.
View Quote

That is what was said about all those with ink in the past. Personally I am old school and look on it all as a mental
disorder like people who cut themselves and burn themselves...I have never warmed up to any of it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
And here I am working on full sleeves....At 50
View Quote

pics?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Meh. I don't regret shit. These people are pussies.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Guaranteed business - like a donut shop physical therapist setting up shop next door to a crossfit gym.
View Quote

Let me just correct you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wife and I both make 6 figure salaries working for the govmt and both have tattoos. Odd how gd seems to be wrong sometimes.
View Quote

Stopped reading when you said government. 
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If the removal is a quasi-flagellation, do inkies still do time in inky "Purgatory" as a matter of principle?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inkyness cannot be removed. It's a stain on the soul.

We pureskins recognize this and treat them accordingly  

I count the removal and recovery from removal processes as inky purgatory since those come with suffering as a price for transgression(s)
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself RoG.

While you're still a filthy Inky, you're at least a useful Inky
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mostly from the tribes of the rich and vibrant... in case you hadn't noticed kids started to latch hold of this ancient and noble tradition
about the same time the Rap and Hip hop movement got wound up and all the pale faces wanted to be like the bros in the movement 
so they could show how they identified with the movement and perhaps they could be accepted in too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm 50, and I remember that when I was a kid, the only people I saw with tattoos were guys who had been in the service.  my grandfather was a gunner on a B25 in the pacific theater during WWII, and he had a tattoo of a skull wearing a leather flying helmet on his right forearm.  I was fascinated by it, but it was pretty blurred and faded.

now it seems almost everyone has tattoos.  Not too long ago, I was watching the Naked Gun with my boys, and there is a scene where Leslie Nielsen and Priscilla Presley are both getting tattoos on their arms.  I had to explain to my boys why that was funny.

Now I just find them gross.  Sometimes the right woman can wear tattoos and look hot, but I mostly think they'd look hotter without them.  

I love it when patients complain about getting heparin or lovenox shots, because they "hate needles."  meanwhile, they're covered with ink.  go figure.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#45]
always said about this generation repairing the damage would be a good business
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Mostly from the tribes of the rich and vibrant... in case you hadn't noticed kids started to latch hold of this ancient and noble tradition
about the same time the Rap and Hip hop movement got wound up and all the pale faces wanted to be like the bros in the movement 
so they could show how they identified with the movement and perhaps they could be accepted in too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Otsi wasn't rich and vibrant.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself RoG.

It's true, it's one of the most common insults I get...what a girly man I am, all skinny and weak. Can't grow a beard. Never do any awesome manly shit at all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol you might want to do some fact checking on that one.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I wear earrings.  My wife dressed up like Dorthy from The Wizard of Oz the other night and let me hit it doggy style, whats up?
View Quote

It's all fun and games until she dresses like a Russian KGB colonel and whacks you across the nose with a rolled up newspaper.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may hide the stain on your skin, but you'll never hide the stain on your soul.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top