Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 10:26:54 PM EDT
AT&T cost is retarded. T Mobile has some offers out there now that if you switch you'll get some sort of credit. ($800?) <--I could put this to some work!!
I could use the savings. Current Bill is around $115 with 3gs of data, T Mobile website is offering me unlimited for $60. Current phone is the Nexus 5
Anyways let me know if anyone else has done it.
EDIT: I'm live in the SEPA suburbs.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you actually like having phone service?
Everyone I know who has T-Mobile has shit coverage.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If you tend to go out in the boonies to any extent, T-Mobile is not gonna be very good.

I base that on cell sites in my 6 county area down here in SE GA.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
All the people I used to arrest had t-mobile. Hoodrats.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Cricket Wireless is owned by ATT and has a $65 unlimited plan. Hell I've pushed it up to 22 Gigs. That's a pittance compared to other users.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All the people I used to arrest had t-mobile. Hoodrats.
View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This! My company cell phone is t-mobile and service is horrible everywhere compared to my Verizon personal phone. Opening the same 2 things on the phones and T-mobile takes forever to download the information, even in the middle of Houston. 60 miles outside of Houston and the service is almost nonexistent.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
AT&T cost is retarded. T Mobile has some offers out there now that if you switch you'll get some sort of credit. ($800?) <--I could put this to some work!!
I could use the savings. Current Bill is around $115 with 3gs of data, T Mobile website is offering me unlimited for $60. Current phone is the Nexus 5
View Quote

I have been on t-Mo for years. If you travel it's the best. That said, most of the guys I work with switched from AT&T to t-mo
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

I have T-Mobile and coverage here in the Virginia / D.C. area is excellent. I've taken it by car to Texas and coverage there, and along the way, was also excellent.

I use my cell phones for voice, but not for data. I don't know anything about their data service.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife uses T-Mobile.  IMO they are unethical.  We've received a number of misleading promotions.  Last time, we called on one (to upgrade my son's phone which is on the wife's plan.  They said we did not qualify.  Later we called about another offer.  They said we did not qualify for that one, but that we would have qualified for the last one (the one we called on in the first place).  That's when I googled them and found all the negative information linked above.  I'm trying to get my wife to switch carriers.  Fuck T-Mobile.

ETA - +1 on Verizon's shit coverage.  I have Verizon, and my coverage is way better than my wife's.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:00:22 AM EDT
[#10]
AT&T has that hot girl in their commercials.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#11]
How many lines? Or is 115$ for one line?

If one line, go with an MVNO. Switch to Boom, on the Verizon network. True LTE speed (5 Mbps only -- you won't get the new 12 Mbps that VZW JUST rolled out in a few major cities, but since you don't live in one of those markets it isn't a big deal). It's only $40/mo for 5GB data and unlimited talk/text -- all fees and taxes included.

If you want to use the TMo network, just bring your Nexus over to Google Fi. $20/mo base price for unlimited talk/text, and $10/GB data. Supports WiFi calling, and roams for free on Sprint towers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Depends where you are.  

Download OpenSignal for your phone, and see where the towers are and what their throughput it for where you normally go.  

My normal home / office corridor, one is as good as the other.  When I travel to WV or PA, my AT&T phone gets much better signal and data throughput. Unlimited for $60 means nothing if you can't hit a tower.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:24:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Cricket Wireless is owned by ATT and has a $65 unlimited plan. Hell I've pushed it up to 22 Gigs. That's a pittance compared to other users.
View Quote

We use cricket as well. Gtg in my experience. Att network
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in north Atlanta.  Switched from att to t-mobile.  Saving about 40-45% on my bill.  Coverage id say is about 10% worse.  witth it to me
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#15]
If you live in a major metropolitain area and never leave, T-Mobile may be a good value. I spend too much time in west Texas to consider a switch even though I live in DFW. once you get outside of the major metro areas your choices are Verizon or ATT if you want to be able to use the phone.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:07:39 AM EDT
[#16]
ATT probably has the best service. T-mobile cheaper but the worst service ever. In a major metro area and it is still spotty at many places. Around the country in rural areas I usually don't get any service and many times it switches to some low no name provider for very poor service. Their LTE is fast, if I can get enough bars. Check your coverage map before you switch, if their map says "fair" coverage that means no service.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:24:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Friend of mine used to travel with us for work, all over the state of NC.  She was the only one in the group that had T-Mobile.  Always borrowing someone else's phone she could call home.  Her coverage sucked.  Only worked if we were near one of the large cities.  Greensboro, Raleigh, Charlotte...ect.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:25:54 AM EDT
[#18]
All depends on your AO and usage patterns.

As someone who does a fair bit of work providing the mobile carriers their bandwidth, I can tell you that T-Mo doesn't worry too much about what happens more than 5-10 miles away from an interstate corridor.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:38:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I have the unlimited data plan with AT&T since my first iPhone in 2008. If I didn't have that I'd switch.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:48:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I have t-mobile and Im awesome.
I know some people with at&t and they are not awesome.
Your call broski.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:54:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Tmo has been very, very good to me.
Was on Sprint, then Verizon and then Tmo for over 3 years, different States and Cities, and have never looked back. The best coverage and pricing. Way back they had a bad rep regarding coverage, etc. But that was a few years ago.  
I suggest you see if you have Tmo service where you spend a majority of your time. Perhaps friends or family have Tmo and you can see how the service is in these areas. If the service is good, you're good to go.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:05:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had T-mobile . They have great customer service and shit reception . I had to get a signal booster and the tower is about 1/2 a mile from my house . I switched to Verizon which is the complete opposite good reception shit customer service and cost more . I like T-mobile but I needed my phone to have better coverage . Sprint has neither service nor coverage .  The good part is with Sprint the dropped calls are boringly reliable . You can plan on the same place with dropped calls and it never changes . Not to mention per the Sprint employee the wind or birds can cause dropped calls. They use a physical wave system according to the idiot
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:07:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Some of you guys really know how to hurt a T-Mobile employee.  sniff sniff pout pout
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:11:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Some of you guys really know how to hurt a T-Mobile employee.  sniff sniff pout pout
View Quote

T-mobile had great customer service . I had them for years . The reception and dropped calls became tiring . Now with Verizon I have shit service and great reception at a higher cost . I have not tried AT&T of the big 4 .
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:14:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love you, no homo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I like tmobile.  I have had them for a while.  They have been building better signals with there low frequency 700mhz band IIRC.  I will agree their coverage outside large areas might not be as good as verizon but I think they represent a good value.  We pay $150 for 3 lines with unlimited data.    
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

So their shit network hasn't changed since I left 5 year ago?

I remember having to go outside like a smoker to make phone calls.  Know what T-mobile told me, you must have an out dated phone.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My wife uses T-Mobile.  IMO they are unethical.  We've received a number of misleading promotions.  Last time, we called on one (to upgrade my son's phone which is on the wife's plan.  They said we did not qualify.  Later we called about another offer.  They said we did not qualify for that one, but that we would have qualified for the last one (the one we called on in the first place).  That's when I googled them and found all the negative information linked above.  I'm trying to get my wife to switch carriers.  Fuck T-Mobile.

ETA - +1 on Verizon's shit coverage.  I have Verizon, and my coverage is way better than my wife's.
View Quote

So you talked to someone that was misinformed, and that makes the company unethical? I think you simply don't know the meaning of that word, or are incapable of rational thought.

FYI T-Mobile has been honored by Ethisphereas one of the worlds most ethical companies for the last 8 years in a row...

But then, I'm just reading from the Google too...

Please tell me you only evidence isn't that you talked to a misinformed call center rep, and a google search for "T-Mobile unethical".

AT&T Unethical
Verizon unethical
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I like tmobile.  I have had them for a while.  They have been building better signals with there low frequency 700mhz band IIRC.  I will agree their coverage outside large areas might not be as good as verizon but I think they represent a good value.  We pay $150 for 3 lines with unlimited data.    
View Quote

Where low frequency 700mhz band?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#30]
i was looking at this today

Phone and 6-months service for $349

https://republicwireless.com/phones/moto-z-play/
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

i have been a tmobile customer for 15ish years, my wife is currently at tmobile store adding 2 more lines to our family plan. the funny thing is i have had great service and reception in some areas listed here as not working. "boonies in ga" (my example may be different but i get great servive in homerville, waycross, alma, blacksheer, willacoochee. so good in fact my wife scared a huge buck off 4 hours away calling me to wish me luck while i was in a stand). never had a problem outside of houston (humble, atascocita, ect.). phone service was best to be expected in the mountains of tenn, and north carolina, phone works in north west alabama, north east mississippi, it works good in the keys.

i have been happy with tmobile. we have unlimited everything. i think we are somewhere near $210 a month (this includes the two new lines today) for a total of 7 lines (all smart phones, phones paid for outright).

i currently live about 40 miles outside of tampa (in the boonies).

Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I switched to Metro PCS. Not the greatest selection of phones but AT&T cell phone contract prices are the equivalent of a monthly gay prison rape train.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Tmo has far less douchebaggery involved.  Better yet, get walmart family mobile which uses Tmo's network, is even cheaper and spend the rest on a nice fresh case of Delco Lager.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Been a T-Mobile customer for 2+ years now. We pay $110 a month for 2 phones, and have unlimited data, calling, and have overseas calling.
Calls are made extremely often to Asia, and rarely have any problems....I live in Southern California. The farthest north the phone has been is Lake Louise in Canada, and points between.
Been up the Inside Passage of Alaska, with the attendant stops in Ports of Call, no problems.
Been as far east as Mount Rushmore, by bus...no problems.
One phone went to Tennessee, calls went perfectly.

Before my wife was with ATT, and I saw that her monthly bills were often $200 because of the overseas calls. ATT wanted to nickle and dime every chance they got.

I agree with what others have said....it all depends on your location at the time of making the calls. You might have T-Mobile coverage, but it may not be 4G.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top