Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2016 6:40:01 PM EDT
Need a new pair.

I smashed my apple EarPods with a 45lb plate. I liked the apple EarPods but I'm wondering if there's anything that offers better audio quality. 

They need to be good for exercising, but I hate the kind that loop around your ear. 

having a remote and mic on the wire is a plus. 

Any recommendations? 
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
this is what you seek. linky

When I first got these, they were more expensive. Like, $40-$50. Not break the bank expensive, but more expensive than what they're going for now. I checked Amazon and they have more color choices for a little bit cheaper. I loved these headphones. I'd wear them to workout and to wear while at work and never had a problem with them falling out. The bass response is great, they get loud, and very good sound. I would put these up against my Klipsch S4i headphones. Now I will say this, they don't last very long. I think I had them for a little over a year and they finally crapped out on me. But that was with almost daily use.

One thing that's great about Sol Republic is that if you lose the rubber ear pieces, you can request more free of charge. Only thing is that it takes about 2 weeks to get them and they send you all the sizes. Not just the ones that you need. Don't get the white ones. Mine looked gross by the end of their life.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What about headphones?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a set of these and they are an excellent value.  Sound very very good and they are very well built.  Braided cable and a mic.  Well rated by the audiophiles on head-fi.com

ADV M4
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought my Bose earbuds from Best Buy for $40. For that price not bad, I wouldn’t pay retail. A huge step up from what comes with iPhones.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I just bought some French ones. Focal is the brand.

They're OK, but don't stay in my ears very well. Not sure anything can rival my Bose TrueSound Ultras that broke and are being replaced under warranty (wire insulation coming apart from heavy use).

Hard to get good sounding ear buds. VERY.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top