Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 7:32:47 PM EDT
1. Overall, I rate it a "B." Not quite as good as the first two, but decent.

2. The chick who plays the Terminatrix is so friggen hot, your eyes will boil. I shit you not.

3. The story as a whole is OK, but the ending, which I will not divulge, is pretty good.

4. I'd probably buy the DVD.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
and I will have to go see it
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw it this afternoon too, I thought it was pretty good...and did a good job of explaining the timestream inconsistencies (something that should please sci-fi fans).  The Special Effects were really good too.

Think they'll make a 4th set in the future war?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I will not comment, as it could spoil it for those who have not seen the movie yet.

You shouldn't either, bud.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Arnie

Guns

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Arnie

Guns

Nuff said.
View Quote

[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumb.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Going to see it tomorrow with my wife and her office.

She has a cool boss.  How many professional offices have a "Bring your gun to work day" and "Range Day" that aren't in the business of dealing with guns?

Workplace Violence?  Hah.  Not likely.  Too many crazies behind desks with guns.

So we're going together.

See ya!

Panz
[bounce]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I will not comment, as it could spoil it for those who have not seen the movie yet.

You shouldn't either, bud.
View Quote

excuse me if the simple question of if they'll make another sequel is giving away something...

We'll see how much money is brings in by Monday...that will answer the question enough in and of itself...

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#9]
well I hope its not in another 10 years. Arnold will be like 70.  MAybe even in politics.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw it today and thought it was OK. 3 of 5 stars.

It was similar to Matrix Reloaded in that it's just a prequel to T4.

Decent film but not near as good as the first two.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got back from local movie theater.

I would give it 3.5 (possibly 4) / 5 overall.

But, actions and effects were pretty impressive. You won't regret watching it but just don't go in there thinking this one will beat T2.

Oh yes...the TX was really hot!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

2. The chick who plays the Terminatrix is so friggen hot, your eyes will boil. I shit you not.
View Quote

Kind of like a Dr Seuss rhyme.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I would have said a 4/5 stars, worth the price of a ticket. At least as good as the first, but not as good as the second.

The terminatrix was pretty hot (and scary) and her 'upgrades' were...interesting.

The ending DID surprise me and I too will say no more.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:49:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Do we have full frontal nudity? (Non Arnold of course)
tony
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#17]
You see her nipple if you look close enough, I was really really lookign forward to that scene and felt a little bit let down that it wasn't a little more gratiuitous.

BTW, I saw it at the Cine Capri (AZ people know) but that's not the best part...

A country station was out front and there was a guy there that "knew everything".  If you could answer a question he gives you from a topic he picks, you win a Terminator 3 t shirt or hat.  Well, I picked guns, he asked: "If I was talking about a Hydra-Shock Hollowpoint, what would I be talking about?"  My friends started laughing before I could answer and said ha you dont know it...I told them to shut up and I told the guy that he would be talking about pistol ammunition.  I won a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#18]
On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 3.  It sucked.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:54:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We closed the shop at noon and all went to see it. It was good. People were worried about the change in directors hurting it, but it had lots of action and lots of Arny's quipy one-liners... Worth the $6.00 What really made me want to cry, was they had the obligatory naked Arny shot (for the ladies) and the guy is like 60 and looked like he could wrestle grizzly bears...I'm just past 30 and I'm falling apart [:(]

Oh and yes, the Fem-Bot was way hot...
View Quote

Shouldn't you be building guns or something?[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What really made me want to cry, was they had the obligatory naked Arny shot (for the ladies) and the guy is like 60 and looked like he could wrestle grizzly bears
View Quote

Haven't seen the movie yet but I did see one of those tabloid tv shows this morning. They said Arnold hit the gym and pumped up to his previous size in order to maintain some sort of continuity from picture to picture. Pretty danged impressive if he pulled it off.

Arnie for Governor?

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#21]
I was reading that Arnold's Measurements were exactly the same, down to the inch as they were for T2.  That's pretty impressive.  He looks slightly older in the face, but obviously his body is still quite fit.  Of course the way he works out it oughta be...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:45:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Corp Stiener:
excuse me if the simple question of if they'll make another sequel is giving away something...

We'll see how much money is brings in by Monday...that will answer the question enough in and of itself...
View Quote

The way I figured it, champ, was if I answered your question, it might let on to how the movie ended. No dis involved.

Arny did look very impressive, just as impressive as T2. The only thing that did look considerably older was his face, as others have mentioned.

BTW, I am disturbed at the direction movies are headed in, with all the CGI stuff. Knowing the actors/actresses/stuntmen/crew actually had to pull something off leaves you wowed. Realizing the action you just saw never actually had to be done in real life just doesn't have that "wow" factor.

You know, Claire Danes ain't so bad either.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:00:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Going to see it tomorrow with my wife and her office.

She has a cool boss.  How many professional offices have a "Bring your gun to work day" and "Range Day" that aren't in the business of dealing with guns?

Workplace Violence?  Hah.  Not likely.  Too many crazies behind desks with guns.

Panz
View Quote

Had to glance at the state just in case something slipped by, yup FL, just what I figured.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top