User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have you read any of his other posts lately?? This goober needs some serious mental help!! I've been on some heavy pain meds alot longer than he has & I've never felt the need to post the kinds of bullshit he's been posting.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
View Quote

I too have been following this guy. Give him  a break. do a search and find out what happened to him on 9/11 and the royal fucking he has been getting since. then come back and say this stuff.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The only extensive long range shooting I have ever done was with an M1A off a bipod at a steel water tank  on the ranch.  Distance measured by the truck odometer worked out to a little over 1400 yards.

Now.  We're talking a square steel tank that came off of a old deuce and a half, maybe 10'x5'x8' with a steady 5mph mph crosswind and a minor mirage.   Of the 5 guys shooting (iron sights) I won with 4 hits out of 80 rounds. One other guy had three,  no one else hit it at all.

Once you really get out there you are going to be surprised where that bullet can go.    
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
might be a AR10t rail gun

or he was shooting on the moon
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I confess...

I can keep all my shots on the bullseye, around the space of a 50-cent piece with my Bushy Dissipator.

At 50 yards.  Indoors.  With no crosswind.  And taking plenty of time on the benchrest to breathe and line up and wait until everything is picture perfect before I squeeze off.

That's it.  Anything past that and I suck.

There ya go.

Panz
[bounce]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#9]
100 yards, 4X scope,  Frankengun A1/A2 mix with 20" Bushmaster NM barrel, 10 shot groups average 3/8 across, with my pet handload.  5 shot groups are often one ragged hole.    With a stronger scope, I expect this group to shrink as the crosshair intersection on the current scope is bigger than the resulting group.

CJ
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Study the ballistics of a 308 before you post.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Perhaps this might shed a bit of light on why so many have called BS on this post....

[b][blue]OFFICIAL 1000 YARD WORLD RECORDS[/blue][/b]

[b]HEAVY GUN[/b]

Record             Group/Score Name Date

Smallest 10 Shot Group 3.151 John Voneida 1995

Highest 10 Shot Score 100 (3.151) John Voneida 1995

Smallest 6 Match Group Agg. 6.451 Wayne Linsenbach 1998

Smallest 10 Match Group Agg. 7.295 Wayne Linsenbach 1998

Highest 6 Match Score Agg. 6.667 Richard Lauver 1999

Highest 10 Match Score Agg. 94.000 Richard Lauver 1999

LIGHT GUN      

Record Group/Score Name Date

Smallest 10 Shot Group 4.534 Joe Lesley 9/12/99

Highest 10 Shot Score 100 (5.377) John Buhay 6/23/01

Smallest 6 Match Group Agg. 7.671 Mark King 1999

Smallest 10 Match Group Agg. 9.207 Mark King 1999

Highest 6 Match Score Agg. 95.500 Rich Dillon 2002

Highest 10 Match Score Agg. 92.200 Rich Dillon 2002

From here: [url]http://www.pa1000yard.com/records.html[/url]

And from here more info on recent record 1000 yards groups: [url]http://www.nc1000ydshooters.com/03m7.htm[/url]

Lots of fine 1000 yard groups here at this web-site, [url]http://www.nc1000ydshooters.com/Frm_main.htm[/url], quite a few in the sub-4" range for 10 rounds, but [b]NONE[/b] in the "quarter" size, unfortunately for "edpmedic".

Mike

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:17:19 AM EDT
[#14]
haha I didn't even think a .223 would reach out to 1600 yards
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:26:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I too have been following this guy. Give him  a break. do a search and find out what happened to him on 9/11 and the royal fucking he has been getting since. then come back and say this stuff.
View Quote

... I cannot believe this crap!

(1) I don't see anywhere in this post that it identifies [u]who[/u] wrote the original "story".

(2) Even if it was a decorated war hero, water walking, fireman/policeman/volunteer nurse/free USGI magazine giver/ nice guy; what the hell does that have to do with calling a tall tale teller out?

(3) If this guy/gal really is one of our own, WTF are you suggesting we do? Dance around their posts like an unstable time-bomb ready to go off at any critical replies to his public posts with hurt feeling. Careful, we wouldn't want to post anything uncomfortable you know. I don't think he or she want that either.

... Am I the only one here that think this whole "give Jesus Jr. a break" crap is just wrong?  A lot of people get a "Royal Fucking" in life; for the most part we learn how to deal with it and move on to the next crisis. How is this guy/gal any different from us?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Winston

If you have an opinion don't hold it in.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:57:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Follow the link posted and you see identification of who made it, another "one" who posts and don't know anything about the topic in question. [b]And I agree with --- we all have had bad shit to deal with in life, it gives no one a special permit to act like a asshole and get away with it.[/b]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:17:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Read this link for a little more insight into edp's trade center encounter...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=184207&page=1[/url]

Oh and by the way, when I was shooting with edp he never once complained about his back while firing off those 50 BMG rounds last year.. :)

Also, it's my understanding that he'd been trying to get a medical pension due to his back long before 9/11/01, what's that tell you?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#20]
coo coo for cocoa puffs
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

... I cannot believe this crap!

(1) I don't see anywhere in this post that it identifies [u]who[/u] wrote the original "story".

(2) Even if it was a decorated war hero, water walking, fireman/policeman/volunteer nurse/free USGI magazine giver/ nice guy; what the hell does that have to do with calling a tall tale teller out?

(3) If this guy/gal really is one of our own, WTF are you suggesting we do? Dance around their posts like an unstable time-bomb ready to go off at any critical replies to his public posts with hurt feeling. Careful, we wouldn't want to post anything uncomfortable you know. I don't think he or she want that either.

... Am I the only one here that think this whole "give Jesus Jr. a break" crap is just wrong?  A lot of people get a "Royal Fucking" in life; for the most part we learn how to deal with it and move on to the next crisis. How is this guy/gal any different from us?
View Quote

How about ask him to clarify. All to often I see on this board someone post something outlandish, and everyone jumps his shit. You know, if you were to IM Epi, I bet he would not know this post was going on. If you check the original post, he has not posted anything there since then.

Embellishing stories has been around since the beginning of time. The hunters and fishermen on this board can attest to it. Ask anyone what the biggest that got away and you get some sort of embellishment.

I do not know why he said what he said. All I know is we got people slamming this guy and he is not even here.

There are people posting here who are doing what other hunters and so forth do when one embellishes. That's fine. then there are those here who are slamming this guy and making derogatory remarks about him, what good does that do, fulfill some sort of personal satisfaction, look at me I can attack a person on the internet, who I do not know, and who is not present to respond.

Winston, if you said something on this board or any other, I would say the same thing about you. We have met, I think you are a stand up guy. So all I am really saying is get all the facts before condemning.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Read this link for a little more insight into edp's trade center encounter...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=184207&page=1[/url]

Oh and by the way, when I was shooting with edp he never once complained about his back while firing off those 50 BMG rounds last year.. :)
View Quote

Just because you do not notice something, does not mean it is not there. After my knee surgery, when i wnet back to work, still had a lot of pain, I did not complain.

Also, it's my understanding that he'd been trying to get a medical pension due to his back long before 9/11/01, what's that tell you?
View Quote

Source please?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe he meant feet not yards...[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just because you do not notice something, does not mean it is not there. After my knee surgery, when i wnet back to work, still had a lot of pain, I did not complain.

Source please?
View Quote

Heh, the source would be edp himself, he likes to talk.. :)

Umm.. do you know how disability pensions work for uniformed services in NYC? I do, it's a long drawn out game and edp's been playing it long before 9/11/01.

I suggest you read that link I posted. You see edp's been shooting with us for a long time. When he had appointments to see the EMS surgeons regarding his disability pension or when things weren't going well he'd break out and wear the back brace. Elsewise there was never any sign of discomfort or pain, or for that matter the back brace!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Not buying that story?  Well, I do have a couple bridges for sale...

Has anyone pondered that he actually did do this?  He's been known to create some VERY powerful hand loads.  I'm betting in the general area of 4000fps with a 168gr bullet.  Anyone contact him to get his side, maybe it was a couple of typos?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:16:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not buying that story?  Well, I do have a couple bridges for sale...

Has anyone pondered that he actually did do this?  He's been known to create some VERY powerful hand loads.  I'm betting in the general area of 4000fps with a 168gr bullet.  Anyone contact him to get his side, maybe it was a couple of typos?
View Quote
[b] Even if you took out the human element, used vices of some sort to lock down the firearm, used computers to gauge wind, drop, mirage, it is fucking impossible to shoot a quarter size group at 1200 yards ---- period, end of story.[/b]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:21:00 AM EDT
[#30]
4000fps out of a .308, huh?  I'm thinking that getting a 168gr .30 to 4000fps would involve something like 85-90gr of powder and a 28"-30" barrel.

Hay-sus.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't know, I really think that a 4000fps bullet out of a 16" barrel can handle a 1200 yard shot, don't you?

I guess he got his Hero Rifle back after it exploded from one of those overloaded rounds.  It must be like the 6 Billion Dollar Man.....better than before!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The person in the spotlight is on heavy duty painkillers and could be confused on his facts because of the effects of the prescribed medications.
View Quote

Heavy-duty painkillers, confused, and...well-armed.  

What could possibly go wrong.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:13:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quarter-sized groups?  That's 1 MOA, isn't it?  At 1200 yards? [bs2]
View Quote

No! 1 MOA at 1200 yds would be a little over 12 inch groups. 1 MOA is approximately 1 inch groups for every 100 yards. So he is saying he has a 1/12 MOA shooter. Right. [BS2]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#35]
I want some of those drugs...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#36]
AND he did this while Shania Twain was sitting on his face? [bs]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
[b]OK guys,edpmedic's health issue is very interesting, but it is not what the thread is about.[/b]

If you feel this needs to be discussed in an open forum, open another thread.

*snip*

View Quote

Ed, are you confused a little, this *is* a new theard and about his stories...

This ain't the SEBR thread.. :)

*shrug*
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Jesus guys, when is it going to be enough?  We all know that he is exaggerating the shot groups (greatly), and we all know he has problems....Its painfully obvious.  Maybe 9/11 was just too much for him, how about that for an explanation of his behavior?  Different people have different threshholds and maybe he was pushed past his.

Whether he was inside the building or 5 blocks away, I think that just being there might have been enough.  Ever think of that?

I am 31 years old and I havent cried since I was 12, but whenever I see video of September 11th, it reminds me of the things that I saw in the following days and weeks and I cry.  I cry because it scares the shit out of me.  I cry because that never should have happened.  I cry for all the poor people who died just for showing up to work that day,  and I cry because I am afraid that any day now, we are going to get kicked in the nuts again, maybe worse this time.

Enough already, leave the fucking guy alone.

Steven
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

... All I know is we got people slamming this guy and he is not even here ...

View Quote

... Why are you quoting my thread [b]eagle1911[/b]? I wasn't slamming any particular guy (or girl, doesn't make a difference to me). All I'm stating is that "if" there is a guy (or girl, kid, grandma, adolescent, wacko or sensitive individual) we need to extend "special care" to, then identify him. Hell, I don't know who to "steer clear of" on ARFCOM.

... and yeah, after nearly 5000 posts, here is my absolutely first IBTL.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I talked to this guys doctor and he stated a few more of those "shock treatments" and he'll be as good as new.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#44]
OK OK that’s what I get for not looking at my posts for a couple of days.....4 pages not bad...

First off I AM NO FUCKEN HERO....Thanks for standing up Hi Ram anyway...Yes still on the heavy Narc...NO not LSD TYPES. to the A_HOLE who printed that.

Now PASA Park...The long range with the 8 spots and the Table on the first line. I am sure it is 1,200yds to the end. I know it is past 800 at least thats what I was told.

You guys could argue back and fort all you want say I am full of BS and impossible to do this or that. My advice to you is KEEP PRACTICING.

I made the shots I made. I don't care what you think or don't believe. A 16" AR10T on a Bipod with a Tasco SuperSniper Scope will make it out to 1,000 or 1,200yds. Even YOU could put 3 or 5 shots within a Quarter circle.

A Bushmaster 24" Varminter will make it out to 800 yds without a problem. I suggest instead of putting my abilities down. To get out there and Practice. Maybe you will also be able to do the same.
Could I do it again. Maybe, I don't know since I am NOT a WORLD CLASS Shooter. Some days I hit the mark others I don't. But I try and go practice almost every day after Physical Therapy.  4 hrs a day at a 50 yd range. I shoot at little dots on paper. I figure that is what you see at 1,000 yds. True the accuracy is better and there is no having to figure Major bullet Drop or worry about Wind drift. Unless it is very windy before or when it is raining.
I am trying to get out to Calverton to shoot at some real distance, but I make do with what we have.
Bottom line I practice or should I say I shoot because I love to shoot instead of sit and argue about someone being able to make a shot on a computer. Well first time for everything I guess.

HAVE A NICE DAY...
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#46]
You should have copped out with a keyholing story.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OK OK that’s what I get for not looking at my posts for a couple of days.....4 pages not bad...

First off I AM NO FUCKEN HERO....Thanks for standing up Hi Ram anyway...Yes still on the heavy Narc...NO not LSD TYPES. to the A_HOLE who printed that.

Now PASA Park...The long range with the 8 spots and the Table on the first line. I am sure it is 1,200yds to the end. I know it is past 800 at least thats what I was told.

You guys could argue back and fort all you want say I am full of BS and impossible to do this or that. My advice to you is KEEP PRACTICING.

I made the shots I made. I don't care what you think or don't believe. A 16" AR10T on a Bipod with a Tasco SuperSniper Scope will make it out to 1,000 or 1,200yds. Even YOU could put 3 or 5 shots within a Quarter circle.

A Bushmaster 24" Varminter will make it out to 800 yds without a problem. I suggest instead of putting my abilities down. To get out there and Practice. Maybe you will also be able to do the same.
Could I do it again. Maybe, I don't know since I am NOT a WORLD CLASS Shooter. Some days I hit the mark others I don't. But I try and go practice almost every day after Physical Therapy.  4 hrs a day at a 50 yd range. I shoot at little dots on paper. I figure that is what you see at 1,000 yds. True the accuracy is better and there is no having to figure Major bullet Drop or worry about Wind drift. Unless it is very windy before or when it is raining.
I am trying to get out to Calverton to shoot at some real distance, but I make do with what we have.
Bottom line I practice or should I say I shoot because I love to shoot instead of sit and argue about someone being able to make a shot on a computer. Well first time for everything I guess.

HAVE A NICE DAY...

Man,PLEASE quit.The BS is WAY to deep.I have had the PRIVILIGE of meeting some of the finest shooters in MY area,shot WITH them,and NONE of them are grouping like that.(and they have a better rig than yours)
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

HAVE A NICE DAY...
View Quote

Here's you some .308 ballistics out to 1000 yds for you to ck skippy.

[url]http://www.snipercentral.com/308.htm[/url]

See how it's falling like a bowlingball after 800 yards?
Do some research next time. That way the Bullshit you spewing won't be so unfrigginbelievable.

And I ain't buying the "heavy meds" excuse either. I been on some type or other for 3 years up to and including morphine, Never caused me to be delusional. You're not the only one with problems. Hell, you ain't even close to the worst that can happen.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#50]
i think i used to work with this guy.  once killed a rattler here in NC with 144 buttons on it.  True!  Really!  [toilet]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top