Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 8:15:18 AM EDT
A man accidentally shot himself Tuesday in the food court area of a west Houston mall, police said.

Several food court patrons heard the gunshot about 4:15 p.m. at Memorial City Mall in the 900 block of Gessner.

The small pistol apparently fell out of the man's pocket and discharged when it hit the ground. One round hit him in the buttocks, police said.

They said the man was treated at a hospital for "non-life-threatening injuries." He may be charged with carrying a concealed weapon.

OK, who here was it?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#2]
[b]ComputerGuy[/b]? Oh, wait ... he's in WA.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#3]
This would never happen in Colorado.  Unlike Texas, our illegal immigrants are high-class. [;D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[b]ComputerGuy[/b]? Oh, wait ... he's in WA.
View Quote

Oregon
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This would never happen in Colorado.  Unlike Texas, our illegal immigrants are high-class. [;D]
View Quote

Yeah, but our legal immigrants are Texans and they are reeeeeallly stupid.
[;D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone from the Kel-Tec Posse...

I say that in jest becuase I hope nobody from this board has such bad taste, that they both eat at the mall food court and carry a POS pocket pistol that isnt even drop safe.

I just cant see anyone from AR15.com tossing a jennings in their pocket and racing down to the mall for a corn dog, but i could be wrong...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
How do we know that this wasn't a covert takedown by the Memorial City Mall resident mallninja?  The perp was reaching for his weapon to mug other foodcourt patrons & the MalNinja shot it out of his hand, the round then going on to hit the perp in the ass.  [:O)]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Given that fact that the population of Houston has, for years, ranked among the most obese in the nation, the odds are his ass presented too big a target for even a dropped gun AD to miss!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Half the members on this board would be brain dead after an AD to the buttocks area.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]
[Forrest Gump]"I got shot in the buttocks.."[/Forrest Gump]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#11]
i live 2 blocks from there
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Texicans [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
If only we had Kalifornia style pistol testing, this tradegy could have been averted.  Do it, for the asses (instead of "children", you got that right?)

KODoc check the facts on that "obese" ranking.  All those headlines about Houston being the "fatest" city were based on the number of restaurants per capita.  It had NOTHING to do with the actual physique of Houston residents.

Yeah, I'm a little defensive.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#14]
It's been a while since I saw the list, but Louisiana is usually one of, if not the worst in obese percentages. At 26 I'd say almost half of my friends fall in the chunky, if not obese category. Im a fatty, so I can say that. You skinny guys can mind your own.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#15]
An acquaintance of mine had this happen with an Astra Constable.  Very well known gunsmith.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I only drive by there.
Hope his pride is hurt the most.
Omen for me maybe, just started carrying the 45 in the back of paints. [thinking]
SSD
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll bet he at least he proved everyone wrong who had told him he couldn't find his arse with both hands, when that bullet found it's mark.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish i was there.....at first i woulda been seeking cover....but after realizing the gangsta thug shot him self in the ass.....i probably would have literally been ROFLMAO
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Rat a tat tat....pop a cap in ma ass wit ma gat.

BTW, where the hell were the mall ninjas on this one ??
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#20]
WHERE WAS THE MALL NINJA????

Someone brings a concealed handgun into the mall food court and the Mall Ninja was caught unawares?  I'm so very disappointed.  [V]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Given that fact that the population of Houston has, for years, ranked among the most obese in the nation, the odds are his ass presented too big a target for even a dropped gun AD to miss!
View Quote

Dude I'm sick of hearing this shit about houston being one of the fattest cities.  I'm curious as to where they got their information.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Half the members on this board would be brain dead after an AD to the buttocks area.
View Quote

That ain't no lie!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Gives a new meaning to the word ASSCLOWN.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#24]
He wasn't a shopper, he was some little teen thug wannabe.

Also, one of the idiot witnesses actually stated on TV that at first he thought it might be "a terrorist attack."

He wasn't kidding.

Is this how programmed & pussified "Homeland Defense" has made the populace?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Wasn't me, I swear.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude I'm sick of hearing this shit about houston being one of the fattest cities.  I'm curious as to where they got their information.  
View Quote

Right!  They got the "info" by looking at the ratio of restaurants to population.  As you know, Houston is one of the top restaurant cities in the country, if not the world, in terms of numbers & quality.  Also, they factored in the heat/humidity & "figured" that it caused people to not excercise.  

Obviously they never drove by Memorial Park on a summer afternoon...  Anyway, they also did this to San Antonio too.  It's pure BS.  If anything, I would think that the colder, northern cities would be fatter...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Right!  They got the "info" by looking at the ratio of restaurants to population.  As you know, Houston is one of the top restaurant cities in the country, if not the world, in terms of numbers & quality.  Also, they factored in the heat/humidity & "figured" that it caused people to not excercise.  

Obviously they never drove by Memorial Park on a summer afternoon...  Anyway, they also did this to San Antonio too.  It's pure BS.  If anything, I would think that the colder, northern cities would be fatter...
View Quote

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/sections/wnt/WorldNewsTonight/fatcity020104.html#CDC[/url]

Charleston.Net: Health/Science: Studies differ on fattest cities 04/14/03 The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta recently released a list of the five fattest major cities in America.They were, in order of descending heft, San Antonio, Texas; Gary, Ind.; Jackson, Miss.; Fort Wayne, Ind.; and Shreveport-Bossier, La.A lot of people reading that announcement were confused. Hadn't they just heard that another Texas city, Houston, was fattest followed by Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and St. Louis -- a totally different collection of scale busters?That earlier list came from a recent issue of Men's Fitness, the magazine's fifth annual roundup of what they call the nation's "Fattest and Fittest Cities." The reason the CDC and Men's Fitness lists don't jibe has to do with how they are compiled. Nonetheless, both convey a similar, unhappy message -- America is woefully overweight and, despite a supposed national fitness craze, is getting ever fatter.

Sorry, but Texas is packed with barrel-asses.

BTW,I disagree with the common myth that Texans' obesity is due to their being cursed with only two seasons: hot as hell and hot and humid as hell. Texas is blessed with plenty of climactic variation such as floods, hurricaines, and the occasional tornado which comes as no surprise since the topography of texas is like a flabby old tit: Flat as a pancake with a little  nipple bump at the Gaudalupe "Mountains".

Now afore all y'all gits bent out o' shape at this here dayum Ya-yun-kay, I do make mah  annual pilgrimage to Houston fer Rodeo Houston. At least them babes with the flags on horseback ain't fat! Now, where's mah biscuits n' gravy at?[;)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top