Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 7:43:30 PM EDT
Went to the gun store today and as I walk around the corner to go in there are two cops there. I think it is kind of odd but just go in anyway. Inside there is a cop looking over the form and talking to the dealer. Ends up that the kid had a warrant out for his arrest. What a dumbass.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
cool!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:11:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just because you have a warrant issued for your arrest does not mean you know about it.

I was traveling a lot and got a speeding ticket, told the wife to pay the ticket since I was not around durring the wk. She forgot.

Was almost 1 yr later that I got pulled over for something minor and it hit when the cop ran my name. Went right to jail house where I had to pay the fine. Warrant had been issued for failure to appear in court. It had been almost a year and they had made no attempt to notify me of this issue.
View Quote

This kid knew. He had a traffic ticket warrant but he knew about it. He asked the cops "they even have those on there?" [LOL] Priceless.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just because you have a warrant issued for your arrest does not mean you know about it.

I was traveling a lot and got a speeding ticket, told the wife to pay the ticket since I was not around durring the wk. She forgot.

Was almost 1 yr later that I got pulled over for something minor and it hit when the cop ran my name. Went right to jail house where I had to pay the fine. Warrant had been issued for failure to appear in court. It had been almost a year and they had made no attempt to notify me of this issue.
View Quote

Very typical:

My friend fought a speeding ticket (claimed 100+ mph) and the court clerk put him on the docket on tues and thurs. - He went on tues and won. On thurs his case was called again - and a warrant issued for failure to appear.

21 months later he is stopped on a friday night police trolling expedition for his taillight - the bulb holder had backed out partial so the light was intermitant. - He got to spend the weekend in jail until monday. In court when he told them the date of court they found his case records and released him. - No sorry, no refund for towing and storage charges, nothing, just free to go.

It is getting to the point where things done under the pretense of law enforcement are creating as many victums as criminals without badges. Just less violently on average.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top