Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 7:21:36 PM EDT
[url]http://www.kstp.com/article/view/105187/ [/url]

CRC
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
"When my daughter who's five and a half tells me that only police should have guns, and that she wants to grow up, she wants to go to kindergarten, she wants to be six, something is wrong. If a five and a half year old gets it, why can't our government?"
View Quote

WTF is wrong with someone who would feed this kind of fear to their five year old child? The child obviously didn't think of this on it's own. Just how fucked up do you have to be to tell your own child that he or she might no live to be six years old?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
KSTP sucks

Um, in fact, all Minneapolis TV sucks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
People here point to a 1999 study by the Brady center that found states with strict handgun laws enjoyed a 30-percent drop in crime in the 1990's versus a 15% drop for states with conceal and carry laws.
View Quote

Ha! I'd love to see that study. Imagine, a report done by the Brady Bunch supporting gun control.

I want to know what the crime rates were in the CCW states vs. the non-CCW states before the 1990's and the economic boom.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[b]Kim Stanley told Eyewitness News reporter Brad Rogers, "When my daughter who's five and a half tells me that only police should have guns, and that she wants to grow up, she wants to go to kindergarten, she wants to be six, something is wrong. If a five and a half year old gets it, why can't our government?"[/b]

[LOL]

View Quote

Maybe we should base all government policy on what 5 year olds want.

If only police can have guns what will the military use little miss stanley?

Cookies, milk , and nap time for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cookies, milk , and nap time for everyone.
View Quote

Not everyone... leftist fools (IE: the brady bunch). Some of my 'special' [s]cyanide[/s] chocolate chip cookies. [;)]

"When my daughter who's five and a half tells me that only police should have guns, and that she wants to grow up, she wants to go to kindergarten, she wants to be six, something is wrong. If a five and a half year old gets it, why can't our government?"
View Quote

I'm sure 5 year old thinking would make for a great leadership. I mean, look at what happened to the Romanov dynasty in Russia. Any ruler who plays with toy soldiers at the age of 25, in bed, when he can well be banging his hot wife is sure to succeed. [rolleyes]

Any dumber, and our nations leftists would be labeled autistic as it is. We dont need no help from a 5 year old.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

WTF is wrong with someone who would feed this kind of fear to their five year old child? The child obviously didn't think of this on it's own. Just how fucked up do you have to be to tell your own child that he or she might no live to be six years old?
View Quote

If YOUR kids are in a Govt school, that's what they're learning too. They ALL are...

They also learn, how nice it is to be a "World" citizen.

Say bye, bye, American Republic...
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If YOUR kids are in a Govt school, that's what they're learning too. They ALL are...

View Quote

That's one reason why my daughter is in private school.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man, are you right on that.
[rant]
My shootin' buddys baby brother walks in on us playing with a BB gun (just done with cleaning the real stuff and locking away)(he was in Pre-K at the time, and already!), He starts yelling 'is that a real gun? Guns a baaaaddd!' Got all violent on us. Well, he had to teach him the truth which took an hour or so (Included gun safety).

Got a call from his soccer mom bitch of a teacher (Well, pre-K teachers think like Pre-K students I guess) saying the kids a danger, bla bla... They (parents) told her to basically fuck off, and learn something about guns. Brought up that Sigmund Freud quote to piss her off.

Well, no more problem now. One down. Only about a hundred million more kids to go.
[/rant]

Dangit, If we only had gunsmithing in highschools, and shooting programs like we used to have up to the 80's (in NY anyways) there wouldnt be such a problem.

Bleh, this is a waste. All that will fix this BS is another civil/revolutionary war. Or some damn good governing (near impossible).
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Dangit, If we only had gunsmithing in highschools, and shooting programs like we used to have up to the 80's (in NY anyways) there wouldnt be such a problem.
View Quote

My school has a rifle team. They suck though. Not even worth trying out for.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

My school has a rifle team. They suck though. Not even worth trying out for.
View Quote

Lucky... Say the word 'gun' in my school, and people get nervous.
Atleast the guy who runs the machineshop is a gun-nut [:)] The only thing I like about school nowadays is that shop. In september ill make myself a receiver and build up a parts kit (Probably a semi auto only Beretta 38A, and a Sten with very long muzzle attatchment (Both kits are dirt cheap at FAC currently)).
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Kim Stanley told Eyewitness News reporter Brad Rogers, "When my daughter who's five and a half tells me that only police should have guns, and that she wants to grow up, she wants to go to kindergarten, she wants to be six, something is wrong. If a five and a half year old gets it, why can't our government?"
View Quote

Isaiah 3:12   [u]As for my people, children are their oppressors,[/u] and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:24:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[b]Kim Stanley told Eyewitness News reporter Brad Rogers, "When my daughter who's five and a half tells me that only police should have guns, and that she wants to grow up, she wants to go to kindergarten, she wants to be six, something is wrong. If a five and a half year old gets it, why can't our government?"[/b]

[LOL]

View Quote

[img]http://home.wi.rr.com/antigov/hitleryouth.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:30:09 AM EDT
[#14]
"When my daughter who's five and a half tells me that only police should have guns, and that she wants to grow up, she wants to go to kindergarten, she wants to be six, something is wrong. [red]If a five and a half year old gets it........[/red]"
View Quote

....it's pretty clear then that your "five and a half year old" has been brain washed, and is simply repeating what she's heard over, and over again.
Any thinking person knows that a "five and a half year old" is not capable of grasping the meaning of such issues.
When they speak of these issues, they are just acting as puppets for their parents, or God forbid, their teachers.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:33:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:47:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Devils Advocate said:

KSTP sucks

Um, in fact, all Minneapolis TV sucks.[/url]

You are right.  The print media is the worst, though.  The Red Star Tribune has recently decided to stop just reporting the news & start MAKING the news.  The most obvious examples have been the coverage of the CCW issue.  In fact, the number of applications for CCW have been very modest & yet the Red Star Tribune continues to flog the issue.  I was tempted to write to the "readers ombudsman" @ the Red Star Tribune to complain about that, but how useful would that be?  After all, he's probably an old-line liberal himself.  Have you heard his ultraliberal son on the radio?

That "rally" was a non-event, not even worth any coverage let alone what it got.  The media in the Peoples Republic of Minnesota don't even pretend to have balanced coverage.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Who cares what a 5 year old wants politically!  They can't vote, hold a job, pay taxes, run for public office, or operate a motor vehicle.  Any schmuck who uses children to promote their unsavory communistic social/political position should be fixed.  

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Obviously it must have been yankee land. Because here in the south:

Gun control rally draws four

By Emily Minor, Palm Beach Post Staff Columnist
Thursday, June 26, 2003

There was a time, three years ago this past May, when the cause drew a crowd.

But that was then, and this is now.

Last week, the Million Mom March had a shindig on the front steps of West Palm Beach City Hall to commemorate national ASK Day, a day designed to remind parents to ask whether guns are in the houses where their children play.

Four people came.

[url]http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/auto/epaper/editions/thursday/local_news_e3af36a386dd32f80064.html[/url]

[rofl][lol][rofl2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top