Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 9:21:14 AM EDT
Last light I was on my way down to the kitchen to get a late night snack, I noticed the cat squatting by the front door (hardwood floors, white oak, just installed), seems the cat for some reason didn't want to use her littler box, she pissed right there and looked at me and ran.
I go and get a mop and rinse it out, while I'm standing by the utility sink the cat is looking at me and I guess the little fucker figured out I was getting pissed.
I wring out the mop (not good enough) and proceed to chase the cat down the hallway towards another room, the cat figures out it's trapped back there and beats it back toward me, in my haste to whack the cat with the mop I failed to properly wring it out and then I compound my error and drag the mop across the new white oak floor.
On my return trip down the now wet hallway floor I hit the wet area of the hallway and my feet go out from under me and I go up in the air so high it would have made Air Jordan smile.
I land really hard on the new wood floor and look up and see the cat staring at me, if I didn't know better I would swear that little fucker laughed at me.

This morning I am sore as hell and one of my knees feels like it use to after a tough football game back in high school.
Fuck that, the next time the cat pisses on the floor I'm gonna shoot that little fucker right in the ass.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#2]
When cats are litter-box trained, then suddenly start peeing in other places, it's a good bet they've come down with a urinary tract infection.  It's a classic sign of a UTI.  Trust me, I have 4 kitties and that's what it is every time.  Take your kitty to the vet and have him/her checked out.  If it is a UTI, you'll just have to give her some pills for a few days to clear it up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Confucius say:

"Man who have cat, soon Wok cat."
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Last light I was on my way down to the kitchen to get a late night snack, I noticed the cat squatting by the front door (hardwood floors, white oak, just installed), seems the cat for some reason didn't want to use her littler box, she pissed right there and looked at me and ran.
I go and get a mop and rinse it out, while I'm standing by the utility sink the cat is looking at me and I guess the little fucker figured out I was getting pissed. I wring out the mop (not good enough) and proceed to chase the cat down the hallway towards another room, the cat figures out it's trapped back there and beats it back toward me, in my haste to whack the cat with the mop I failed to properly wring it out and then I compound my error and drag the mop across the new white oak floor. On my return trip down the now wet hallway floor I hit the wet area of the hallway and my feet go out from under me and I go up in the air so high it would have made Air Jordan smile. I land really hard on the new wood floor and look up and see the cat staring at me, if I didn't know better I would swear that little fucker laughed at me. This morning I am sore as hell and one of my knees feels like it use to after a tough football game back in high school. Fuck that, the next time the cat pisses on the floor I'm gonna shoot that little fucker right in the ass.
View Quote

Nice, well thought out, even tempered response to an animal being an animal.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I have never had any good experience havving a cat indoors. They will use the litter box till they get to be around 2 years old, then they start pissing on everything. One cat we had for several years, then it decided to piss on anything laying in the center of the floor. One cat I brought in pissed and shit on my fucking bed. Lucky for it that we can't shoot where I live. I took it outside and threw it as far as I could. The next one I got pissed on the bathmats in all 3 bathrooms. These were all female cats, so they weren't marking thier territory. No animal to me is worth the amount of destruction they cause indoors.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#7]
It was impulse ,the fucker was sitting there looking at me and I got pissed, I paid for my impulsive reaction and I have the banged up knee to prove it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuck that, the next time the cat pisses on the floor I'm gonna shoot that little fucker right in the ass.
View Quote

[ROFL2]

And when the cops show up, how you gonna explain the dead kid they tripped over on their way to your door???!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have never had any good experience havving a cat indoors. They will use the litter box till they get to be around 2 years old, then they start pissing on everything.
View Quote

I've never had this happen with any cat I ever owned.  We did have one cat who couldn't be litter-box trained, but that was a problem that existed from the time she was a kitten, because she was taken from her momma cat too early.

Do you regularly scoop and clean out the litter box?  Cats are very clean and meticulous animals, they often won't use a litter box if it's filthy and smells.  You have to scoop, clean and wash it out periodically.  

Lucky for it that we can't shoot where I live. I took it outside and threw it as far as I could.
View Quote

Yes, it's very annoying when an animal misbehaves.  And it's frustrating and maddening when an animal is resistant to litter-box training.  It can be done, if you're patient enough to use consistent behavior modification through reward and punishment.  Some animal shelters will volunteer to have someone try to litter-box train the cat for you, in order to save the animal from being dumped in the middle of a field, where it will die a miserable death.

But...there's something seriously wrong with someone who abuses a helpless domesticated pet.  Next time, throw yourself out the fucking door and let someone with more compassion deal with the kitty.

These were all female cats, so they weren't marking thier territory.
View Quote

Female cats are especially susceptible to urinary tract infections.  Perhaps you should take them to the vet and have them tested *before* abusing them.

No animal to me is worth the amount of destruction they cause indoors.
View Quote

Then either arrange to keep your pets outdoor permanently, or better yet, don't have pets at all.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When cats are litter-box trained, then suddenly start peeing in other places, it's a good bet they've come down with a urinary tract infection.  It's a classic sign of a UTI.  Trust me, I have 4 kitties and that's what it is every time. [red] Take your kitty to the vet and have him/her checked out.  If it is a UTI, you'll just have to give her some pills for a few days to clear it up.[/red]
View Quote

Just feed it one lead pill. it's a lot quicker, & much more affective. It's what I call the quick cure.[:D] 1 .22 is way cheaper than a trip to the vets, & a prescription. Oh, but that wouldn't be the sensitive thing to do.[;D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Uh huh....I see that nobody is interested in honest discussion, they just want to talk about how they like to kill pets.

Fucking dumbasses.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Uh huh....I see that nobody is interested in honest discussion, they just want to talk about how they like to kill pets.

Fucking dumbasses.
View Quote

I have two female(spayed) cats that don't piss on anything and are in the house all the time.
Some people simply don't deserve pets.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have two female(spayed) cats that don't piss on anything and are in the house all the time.
Some people simply don't deserve pets.
View Quote

I totally agree.  If you're gonna have pets, then you have to take responsibility for caring for them.  That includes taking them to the vet when they're sick.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Why wait?
View Quote

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Bye Bye Kitty.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Only had one incident of any note in the last 20 years.  We took the mother in law to Mammoth on vacation and one of the cats pooped on her bed.   Gradually they got used to her and no further problems.

I tend to agree that the change may be due to UTI.  They have trouble voicing their physical ailments.

Our cat's hold it for a 6 hour trip in the car, let alone hit the cat box.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I would say you gotta be smarter than the cat!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would say you gotta be smarter than the cat!

Bob [:D]
View Quote

Yeah but by last nights events you sure couldn't prove it.
I think the cat even knows it out smarted me, how do you figure it knew I would slip on the wet floor?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Pooped on your Mother in Laws bed?  Why are you telling us about good things in a thread when everybody else is bitching about cats.

My parents kinda inherited a few cats.  They never had a litter box.  the cats got shoved through the dog door until they figured it out.  They only times they had accidents in the house was when they were sick.

the only problem with training cats to use dog doors is they bring in live pigeons, live baby possums and lizards.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I assumed ownership of one of my cats a few years ago when I was at a friends house I heard a thump against the wall. He came out angry and screaming about how the cat pissed in his shoe. I asked what the thump was, and he said he threw the cat into the wall. I ran into the room and found the cat slowly recovering from being unconscious. I picked the cat up and informed him I was taking his cat. He replied, "Fine I was gonna kill her anyway.". It took a few months but she finally started acting normal again, and is now very affectionate. I'm not a PETA member or anything, but if you elect to take a pet into your home, you should not do it intentional harm.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:19:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Why wait?
View Quote

yeah
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:33:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Did you know that if you microwave a cat for 6 seconds it will solve that peeing problem. Really. Just remember 6 seconds, no more, no less.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:26:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Did you know that if you microwave a cat for 6 seconds it will solve that peeing problem. Really. Just remember 6 seconds, no more, no less.
View Quote

For those of you who don't know any better:  [b]He's kidding.[/b]

Now I can be IBTL.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:40:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#24]
If you want my advice, get rid of the cat now.  Find some sap that thinks cats are good and unload it.  If that fails, well...find another way (hint hint).

I'm fed up with our cat.  Let's see, she:
>sheds (she is black and white so you WILL see her hair)
>vomits everywhere (we spent about $300 and the vet threw his hands up, doesn't know)
>rubs on ALL the corners in the house leaving black crap on them
>jumps on top of the kitchen cabinets but her ass is so fat she can't quite make it so she climbs the cabinets scratching off the finish (by the way our cabinets are only 3 yrs old now)
>jumps on the counter and gets in to anything and everything
>will tear out every bit of insulation in the unfinished basement if given the chance
>is scratching up the 2x4's in the basement
>chewed up the 120V line to the water heater (I keep praying she'll get through the insulation on a 120V line, please Lord, soon?)
>wants in our bedroom at night so she claws the carpet by the door, tearing it up, by the way the carpet is only 3 years old
>tears up the seal on the basement door when we lock her down there to keep her from tearing up the carpet upstairs

Do I want to shoot her? No, I'm a bit attached to her.  Do I want to take her to the shelter where they will probably put her down? No.  Is anyone going to take a cat that pukes on a regular basis? No.  Did she have these problems when she was younger? No.  If she had, would we've taken her? No.

But, if the wife would let me, I think I'd shoot her.  I'm fed up.  It's gone on too damn long and she's flat out destroyed too much of our new house.  So, Mr. Flashlight, am I a ****ing dumb*** or do you think I have a right to shoot this ANIMAL?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you want my advice, get rid of the cat now.  Find some sap that thinks cats are good and unload it.  If that fails, well...find another way (hint hint).

I'm fed up with our cat.  Let's see, she:
>sheds (she is black and white so you WILL see her hair)
>vomits everywhere (we spent about $300 and the vet threw his hands up, doesn't know)
>rubs on ALL the corners in the house leaving black crap on them
>jumps on top of the kitchen cabinets but her ass is so fat she can't quite make it so she climbs the cabinets scratching off the finish (by the way our cabinets are only 3 yrs old now)
>jumps on the counter and gets in to anything and everything
>will tear out every bit of insulation in the unfinished basement if given the chance
>is scratching up the 2x4's in the basement
>chewed up the 120V line to the water heater (I keep praying she'll get through the insulation on a 120V line, please Lord, soon?)
>wants in our bedroom at night so she claws the carpet by the door, tearing it up, by the way the carpet is only 3 years old
>tears up the seal on the basement door when we lock her down there to keep her from tearing up the carpet upstairs

Do I want to shoot her? No, I'm a bit attached to her.  Do I want to take her to the shelter where they will probably put her down? No.  Is anyone going to take a cat that pukes on a regular basis? No.  Did she have these problems when she was younger? No.  If she had, would we've taken her? No.

But, if the wife would let me, I think I'd shoot her.  I'm fed up.  It's gone on too damn long and she's flat out destroyed too much of our new house.  So, Mr. Flashlight, am I a ****ing dumb*** or do you think I have a right to shoot this ANIMAL?
View Quote

No dumb animal is worth that amount of damage. If you lived closer, I'd shoot her for you. If I had that cat and it did a quarter of the damage it did to your house, it'd be gone!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:59:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think the cat even knows it out smarted me, ....
View Quote

Based on some of your other posts I am sure that was not all that hard of a feat.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:09:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the cat even knows it out smarted me, ....
View Quote

Based on some of your other posts I am sure that was not all that hard of a feat.

Sgtar15
View Quote

Yes and your PHD says what?

(I am not implying I have a PHD , only it is apparent that you do not either)

Back to you slick, and if you are going to be attacking using wit then you should try and aquire some.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Cats were never meant to be kept as pets.  Until the invention of "kitty litter" cat ownership was very rare (not to mention that cats are not very social).  The overwhelming number of cats were owned by farmers to help control the varmint and rodent populations on their farms.

Before kitty litter you had to let the cats basically live outdoors, due to the strong odors from excreta and urine.  Even with the kitty litter, I can smell the prescence of a cat(s) when I enter a cat home.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#29]
know what smells worse than cat piss?

nothing.

one of the little bastards took it upon himself to piss down the vent on the hood of my jeep ever damn night.  imagine this, 95 degree south texas day, a/c on full blast smelling of pure unadulterated cat piss.  i waited up for the little bastard one night with a 12ga.  took its head clean off, justifiable homicide.  i have no compassion for stray cats, first offense and they die, call it population control.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
know what smells worse than cat piss?

nothing.

one of the little bastards took it upon himself to piss down the vent on the hood of my jeep ever damn night.  imagine this, 95 degree south texas day, a/c on full blast smelling of pure unadulterated cat piss.  i waited up for the little bastard one night with a 12ga.  took its head clean off, justifiable homicide.  i have no compassion for stray cats, first offense and they die, call it population control.
View Quote

Oh my friggen god a face full of super heated cat piss [shock] that had to suck.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#31]
i had to haul around a roll of paper towels and a bottle of 409 so i could clean out the vent so it would smell like cat piss AND 409.  at one point i even covered the vent with a plastic bag but the little bastard had great aim or something.............

it was a PLEASURE after smelling cat piss for a month to shoot that little bastard into little bitty black pieces all over the front yard
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Always prefered cats over dogs, dogs' idiotic blind obediance and the way they fall over themselves to fawn over their masters is pathetic to me. About the only dogs I could ever stand were an ex girlfriends malimutes, and only because they retained the basic intellegence necessairy for the survival of their breed in the habitat they were usually found in. Some of them were so stupid it wasnt funny though, the prize male was so stupid he couldnt find the correct hole on the bitch in heat and always ended up doing a jig on her head. Do you know how disgusting it is to have to clean doggie cum out of another dogs ear?

I've got a Saimese mix right now that I'm almost $5000 into because she decided to play chicken with a UPS truck and nearly lost her front right leg. I wont claim she's any sort of genius but she survived the first three years of her life well enough on her own at my mother-in-laws place amid coyotes, wild dogs, and a couple of brothers-in-law with itchy trigger fingers.

Currently she lives with four other cats at my sister-in-laws place, and they're all very social togather, going so far as to groom one another and sleep in a pile occasionaly. Shes independant and doesnt need me to be constantly paying her attention like a mutt (and she doesnt stink like a mutt either). She's quite well box trained, and even is smart enough to walk on a leash (which she hates) and ride in a car without need of a carrier. Although she's not as well behaved with my wife (who is her primary caretaker) she's never bitten me in anger (she grabs me all the time when we're playing and occasionaly will nibble my chin) or clawed me. The few times she's swatted at me I've picked her up, pinned her to my lap and held her on her back for a few minutes while we had a talk. I was always careful to pet her and let her know I wasnt holding a grudge afterwords, and she never held one either, although I know she remembered the consequences for her actions...

Right now I have more empathy towards cats than humans and am not quite sure about who's life I place more value on if we're just talking about random cats/people here. I'm not positive but I think at least in my state that its considered justifiable homicide if you kill someone who is about to kill your pet....
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Who would have thought so many black rifle owners would be "cat people"?

BTW, just in case you ever had any doubt about cats, just know that [url=http://www.mycathatesyou.com/catindex.htm]My Cat Hates You!![/url]

[img]http://www.mycathatesyou.com/images/britney.jpg[/img]

"The patron saint of this site, Britney hates with unparallelled fervor."
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

But...there's something seriously wrong with someone who abuses a helpless domesticated pet.  

or better yet, don't have pets at all.
View Quote

Flashlight, you and I couldn't agree more on this topic...

[red]PETA should do more for gerbils[/red][naughty]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Where is RandallFlag?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#36]
[lolabove]Ahahahahah! (DrJarHead)

Rebelgray, it saddens me to think you really care more about a spiritless creature, than you would about the average person, whom you don't know. That's pathetic. & to boot you spent around 5k to help an injured pet? Where is the intelligence in that move, or do you just do every thing your silly heart tells you to.
I am baffled by people who place animal life above humans. Get e grip in reality man, I think your loosing it. No offense intended, get some help before it's to late. If your not sure what's more valuable, get someone to point a gun at you, & the cat, & then tell him which of you to shoot. I hope you pick the cat to be shot. If not you have earned the Darwin award.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
[lolabove]Ahahahahah!

Rebelgray, it saddens me to think you really care more about a spiritless creature, than you would about the average person, whom you don't know. That's pathetic. & to boot you spent around 5k to help an injured pet? Where is the intelligence in that move, or do you just do every thing your silly heart tells you to.
I am baffled by people who place animal life above humans. Get e grip in reality man, I think your loosing it. No offense intended, get some help before it's to late. If your not sure what's more valuable, get someone to point a gun at you, & the cat, & then tell him which of you shoot. I hope you pick the cat to be shot. If not you have earned the Darwin award.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly[^]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:53:11 AM EDT
[#38]
at least one other person on this board will agree with the fact that cats are not pets... they are natures squeaky toys for dogs!!!! [:D]
I am an avid animal lover but there are few cats I can tolerate.  there are a few I like but they are at other people's houses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top