Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2003 6:38:42 PM EDT
Do I go thru "my computer?" or something else?
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
through "my computer" c, or whatever your primary drive is,
\windows\cookies  
"cookies being a sub-directory within the "windows" directory, you should find them there. you'll also find cookies in your temporary internet file which is in the windows directory also.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
first, do you have Internet Explorer 6 or 5 or 5.5?  If it's IE6, then open IE.
click on tools -> internet options -> 'delete cookies' in the middle of the window

not IE6?
start menu -> find -> files or folders -> search for "cookies" in your local harddrive (c:) including subfolders.
delete the folder that pops up in the search window.

edited cause I kant spl.
(No, I don't do tech support for Earthlink.  Why do you ask?)
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to www.lavasoftusa.com and download the free version of Adaware 6.0.  

Run this every so often and it will find, and can remove, doubleclick cookies, comet cursors, timesink, and other spyware and spy cookies.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Open Windows Explorer. Right click on "System".
Click on "Find". In the name and location tab type in "cookies.txt" (no quotes).

Tip: if you can manage without using cookies, right click on the "cookies.txt" file. Click on "Properties. Change the attributes from archive to "Read Only". Click on "Apply". This will prevent any cookies from being written to the file.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top