Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 10:44:15 AM EDT
Wanted to share the experience, so I will post this in general discussion.  Follow the link to Nevada hometown board.  Thanks.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=22&t=171095

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wanted to share the experience, so I will post this in general discussion.  Follow the link to Nevada hometown board.  Thanks.
View Quote

No link showing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=22&t=171095[/url]

Is this the link?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=22&t=171095[/url]

Is this the link?
View Quote

Yes, that is the link.  My apologies.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't get it.

Why was the guy such a dick?

Just because he didn't want to look at the information on the computer like he assured you he would?

Why would he not let you talk to Ana and do business with her like he instructed you too?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#5]
thast interestng. I go there every time I get out to Las Vegas. Ive never seen any kind of attitude. Alwasy been real nice.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
thast interestng. I go there every time I get out to Las Vegas. Ive never seen any kind of attitude. Alwasy been real nice.
View Quote

That is what suprised me Snorkel.  I used to go there during my lunch breaks to practice with my pistols.  I always stopped by there when I'm looking for accessories or to check out the inventory of guns.  Since I don't like always calling over the phone.  Some days, I make a drive to different stores in town to look for the best price.  The people at Discount Fireamrs were always cordial and nice and would greet me.  Even if I don't buy from them that day.  The guy who didn't want to do business with me would always take some time to shoot the breeze.  If I go back there, I'd feel like a sucker if I bought from them again.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#7]
C&R holders are not liked by FFLs, as it takes business away from them.  I guess this guy couldn't see that you were buying a stock item of his.  C&R holders are fairly well educated on price, product, and availability, and don't fall for rip off crap.  A local shop has a fair Egyptian FN49 for $800, claiming its some type of rare beast.  Hence, they dislike the mention of a C&R.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
C&R holders are not liked by FFLs, as it takes business away from them.  I guess this guy couldn't see that you were buying a stock item of his.  C&R holders are fairly well educated on price, product, and availability, and don't fall for rip off crap.  A local shop has a fair Egyptian FN49 for $800, claiming its some type of rare beast.  Hence, they dislike the mention of a C&R.
View Quote

Drift,

I see your point.

a mix of hindsight and impulse buy on my part.  I wanted to buy today and shoot today.  I know of places online that are reputable.  But, junkie me wanted a quick fix. =)

The Yugo SKS was rearsenalized by InterOrdance caked in cosmoline with all the accessores. Very Good condition for $169.99 + tax (7.25%) = $182.31. No brady check because of C&R.

JG Sales online (Prescott, AZ) $169.99 + $20.00 Fed Ex (no choice of shipping method on firearms) = $189.99.

Not a HUGE price difference.

I could've chucked out a few extra bucks to JG and waited a few days and save me a bad experience.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#9]
They didn't understand the SOP for a C&R.

People are afraid of what they don't understand.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
If you were playing the standard rate for an item the guy had in-stock then he hose-up a sale.  Not a good business practice.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you were playing the standard rate for an item the guy had in-stock then he hose-up a sale.  Not a good business practice.
View Quote

And to think I was going to buy the Kimber Custom II TLE also (He is the only one in town that has had it consistently in stock).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top