BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 8:12:49 PM EDT
but are too embarrassed to go buy it?  problem solved! [:O]
[url]http://viewing.at/hpbook5[/url]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
jus tell us who did it..lol..i would have loved to been the spoiler when all the toads were waiting inline for a childrens book..lol.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
i really, really hope someone didn't actually type all that out
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I'm not 12.

And I'm not into Emo.

So no problem.

But thanks for asking!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
but are too embarrassed to go buy it?  problem solved! [:O]
[url]http://viewing.at/hpbook5[/url]
View Quote

How fucking cheap do you have to be to not just go  to the library?

Some jbt need to take down that server.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Harry Potter is satanic.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#6]
George?

Geeeooorrge!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
jus tell us who did it..lol..i would have loved to been the spoiler when all the toads were waiting inline for a childrens book..lol.
View Quote

I see.

You're the guy that like to tell kids that there isn't a Santa Clause.  No Easter Bunny and no Tooth Fairy.

Your mother must be very proud.  As for me?  I think you're a shit....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I see.
You're the guy that like to tell kids that there isn't a Santa Clause.  No Easter Bunny and no Tooth Fairy.
Your mother must be very proud.  As for me?  I think you're a shit....
View Quote
i think he may have been talking about all the adults waiting in line for it....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it's amazing that in an age of $150 million dollar special effects blockbusters, video games, computers, computer games, and the internet, that a series of BOOKS has managed to capture the imagination of so many children in this country.

People have been saying for a long time that America's children are slowly losing their literacy skills.  I think we should do everything we can to encourage kids to read, and Harry Potter is a fantastic vehicle for doing so.  It doesn't matter whether you, as an adult, think it's stupid.  What matters is that kids are READING, instead of vegetating in front of the stupid TV with the X-Box and bag of Cheetos.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think it's amazing that in an age of $150 million dollar special effects blockbusters, video games, computers, computer games, and the internet, that a series of BOOKS has managed to capture the imagination of so many children in this country.

People have been saying for a long time that America's children are slowly losing their literacy skills.  I think we should do everything we can to encourage kids to read, and Harry Potter is a fantastic vehicle for doing so.  It doesn't matter whether you, as an adult, think it's stupid.  What matters is that kids are READING, instead of vegetating in front of the stupid TV with the X-Box and bag of Cheetos.
View Quote

I'd rather have my kids read the Bible.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#11]
^^^ [rolleyes]  Sigh.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd rather have my kids read the Bible.
View Quote
or a Tom Clancy
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Why the bible is a great deal easier to read than the Qur'an is still not the greatest book for kids to learn to love reading from. Also there are some concepts that you may not want to explain.

Many adults have problems reading Tom Clancy cause all the detail is not needed (note: I started reading clancy in 8th grade) and is in fact mindnummingly boring to many.

I see no difference between a well written tv show (i.e. Angel) and a book. Neither is interactive.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:26:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Reading the Bible? Next thing you know your child will grow up with a hunger for little boys!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#15]
yeah jtw2 i was talkin bout the ADULTS...oh btw

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:45:57 AM EDT
[#16]
is that page illegal?

[img]http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/images/cutedgeHP_01.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top