BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd love to know what percentage of cops were intoxicated on duty at least once a year in the 60s and 70s. Old painless will be in here trying to paddle me again but I bet it's a big number
View Quote

My agency had a policy of not having more than two drinks at a party if you showed up for a noise complaint --- in the 1980s up until we got an outside Chief in 1990.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Probably not as many as there were drunken lawyers that got their clients a longer prison sentence.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd love to know what percentage of cops were intoxicated on duty at least once a year in the 60s and 70s. Old painless will be in here trying to paddle me again but I bet it's a big number

Probably not as many as there were drunken lawyers that got their clients a longer prison sentence.

Last death penalty case I testified in, extensively, the two defense attorneys were an easy 0.08% BAC after every lunch.  They REEKED of booze, so much so that one of the jurors asked the bailiff about it.  Defendant plead to Life without Parole, so maybe it's good for the Defense to have a couple of martinis at lunch.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, if they did it in the 60s and 70s, then we obviously shouldn't worry about it today.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All in fun.  The hardest drinkers that I have ever met were judges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh Jesus lots of lawyers were shitfaced and fucking their secretaries. Don't know that it effected sentences, if anything they were getting drunk with the judge at lunch and getting their clients better deals  

I used to go get my boss out of the rich guy club bar down the block for closinga

All in fun.  The hardest drinkers that I have ever met were judges.

In the 1970's, my FIL was hosting the Civil Division Christmas party when a then State Senator, now current retired judge, walked in with two hookers on his arm and used the Sheriff's Office to rail them.  Ahh, the good 'ol days of policing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Painless spanks Aimless...kinky.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ok, please tell us what would you do if you were the employer and were trying to fire this officer and had to go through a civil service hearing?  Remember, MPD is not only the charging agency, they are also the employer.  When someone gets fired at your work, do they plaster pictures of the employee up, or release info to the press?  Or, is the person showed out with a file box of their stuff and management refuses to talk about it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice of them to plaster his face out there like they would for everyone else.

Ok, please tell us what would you do if you were the employer and were trying to fire this officer and had to go through a civil service hearing?  Remember, MPD is not only the charging agency, they are also the employer.  When someone gets fired at your work, do they plaster pictures of the employee up, or release info to the press?  Or, is the person showed out with a file box of their stuff and management refuses to talk about it?

Last I checked, this was a news article, by an independent company. Or don't the king's men get mugshots?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Last I checked, this was a news article, by an independent company. Or don't the king's men get mugshots?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kingsmen?  That means you don't have an answer.  And, if you did it your way, the guy might get his job back in a hearing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Kingsmen?  That means you don't have an answer.  And, if you did it your way, the guy might get his job back in a hearing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please explain to me what in Heavenly fuck a news article has anything to do with what a business (or employer of said POS) does? Mugshots are usually public info.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top