Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 9:38:33 PM EDT
...and did it suck as badly as it looks like it does from the trailers?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Does accidentally catching Rosie OD while channel surfing count?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got back from seeing it. Wasn't too bad at all. The psycho-babble with Bruce and his father was a little thin but the action kicked ass. They expended lots of cool ordinance trying to slow hulk down. The CGI was topnotch as well.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
They expended lots of cool ordinance trying to slow hulk down
View Quote

That is exactly what strikes me as BS!  

In the trailers, you see the Hulk destroying and generally getting the upper hand on F-22 Raptors, AH-66 Comanche attack helicopters, & M1 Abrams tanks, all the while evading guided missiles, chain gun fire, and cluster munitions!

I fully realize that it is just a movie & you must suspend your disbelief, but come on... the Hulk is fucking invincible?!?!?!?!  

Give me a break!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't seen it yet, but I thought it looked badass from the trailers.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I fully realize that it is just a movie & you must suspend your disbelief, but come on... the Hulk is fucking invincible?!?!?!?!  

Give me a break!
View Quote

Obviously you're not familiar with the comic.  Yes, the Hulk is practically invincible.

[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I'm gonna throw my geek card down on the table here so bear with me.

Hulk IS damn near indestructible. The more you hurt him and piss him off, the stronger and more durable he gets. A tactical nuke in his lap would kill him because it would instantly vaporize him on a molecular level. He got into a fight with superman and superman was barely able to knock him out.

I actually thought the fight with the tanks and comanches was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Obviously you're not familiar with the comic. Yes, the Hulk is practically invincible.
View Quote

And what pray tell, makes a human being who was exposed to an overdose of gamma radiation impervious to depleted uranium projectiles fired from a MBT?  The same thing that makes him immune to a long burst of 30mm chain gun fire or a direct hit from a Hellfire ATGM???  

Fine... it's a comic book movie & I'm over analyzing this point, but when you make the protagonist invincible, you sacrifice plausibility, suspense, and dramatic tension.

If there isn't at least the [i]possibility[/i] that the hero might have to make the ultimate sacrifice, what's the damn point... watching lots of cool CGI shit blow up???

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Thast what makes it a comic book. its supposed to be far out. Its not suposed to be a reality story. Thats why we love these comic book stories. they involve everything that isnt possible that we love to read about
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Obviously you're not familiar with the comic. Yes, the Hulk is practically invincible.
View Quote

And what pray tell, makes a human being who was exposed to an overdose of gamma radiation impervious to depleted uranium projectiles fired from a MBT?  The same thing that makes him immune to a long burst of 30mm chain gun fire or a direct hit from a Hellfire ATGM???  

Fine... it's a comic book movie & I'm over analyzing this point, but when you make the protagonist invincible, you sacrifice plausibility, suspense, and dramatic tension.

If there isn't at least the [i]possibility[/i] that the hero might have to make the ultimate sacrifice, what's the damn point... watching lots of cool CGI shit blow up???

View Quote

Of course it's not possible.  That's why we don't have hulks smashing up everything, supermen flying around and webheads swinging from building to building in real life.  It's only possible in comics.

People that go see a movie about a big green indestructible muscleman and then complain about it's plausibility crack me up! [ROFL2]

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I just saw it tonight.....fun movie!  Very comic bookish, which made it pretty cool and enjoyable.  Thought it was very well done considering that he was computer animated.  Also, for  those of you that saw it, did you see the preview for "The Punisher" movie?  That looks sweet-ass from the trailer.  Only a few seconds long, but there was some serious hardware lying around in it.  Summer 2004 though I think.  That sux.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Yea, Punisher looks like it's gonna be good but they gotta give him a different outfit. That shirt looks like the ones you can buy at any comic book store. Oh, and I'd donate an organ to have all that hardware in my possesion.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:42:31 AM EDT
[#12]
My son and his buddy just walked in.  They just saw it and thought it was the best comic book movie they ever saw.  BTW my son thought Matrix Reloaded sucked, too much screwy camera twirling and lousy story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top