Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2003 8:38:01 AM EDT
I would like to look at chipping my baby in concert with the exhaust, K&N cold air kit.

Any info or opinions?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out summitracing.com
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#2]

For Computer Chips: Superchip [url]www.superchips.com/ford_apps.html[/url]
[url]www.superchips.com/ford_trucks.html[/url]

[b]F250 6.8L V10 1998-2002 +25HP +49ft/lb[/b]

Muffler: Flowmaster 40 series w/ Delta Flow (sounds great!)

Air: K&N FIPK

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Try this if the link works. I have had good results with HYPERTECH.

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Any warranty issues?

If not, ask your self in a power and reliability  arms race among the truck mfrs, what will this do for me that the "as built" won't/doesn't do and why did the mfr decide his way was best.  If the answer to the add ons makes fiscal sense do it.

Check locally to see how K$Ns stand up to the local conditions for what you want to do.  My bro-in-law did everything you did and didn't do anaything but make him louder and less fuel efficient.  The additional power was hardly ever used.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Get that chip that turns your V10 into a Powerstroke turbo diesel V8.  [:D]

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#6]
get the hypertech PROGRAMMER, chips are soooooooo 1990's.....................

hypertech allows you to do anything from make the shift points different to increase performance to increase mileage

and if the truck needs servicing you can always replace the original program, thus the dealer knows nothing about it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top