Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 5:12:12 AM EDT
90 minute BBC special, on RealPlayer.  Jordan, France, Brazil(?), Russia, and Indonesia don't like us.

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/progs/03/wtwtoa/programme.ram[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:14:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Who cares.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Until they can kick our ass, who cares?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:19:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm crushed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Gee, maybe we should change our foreign policy, give away 70% of our GDP in aid, become the world's biggest victim class, and let somebody else bail us out.

Nah.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:22:55 AM EDT
[#5]
What I think of the World.....

[size=6][red]F.T.W.[/red][/size=6]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:25:35 AM EDT
[#6]
[url=http://www.nationallampoon.com/flashbacks/foreigners/foreigners7.html]Here's what I think of the British[/url]

[url=http://www.nationallampoon.com/flashbacks/foreigners/foreigners8.html]Here's what I think of the French[/url]

[url=http://www.nationallampoon.com/flashbacks/foreigners/foreigners18.html]Here's what I think of the Russians[/url]

[url=http://www.nationallampoon.com/flashbacks/foreigners/foreigners3.html]Here's what I think of the Arabs[/url]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow. The world fears us. What are we to do?

[Zaphod scratches his head in thought]

[thinking]

HEY, LET'S [PARTY] and [beer]!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh the BBC Babbleing Bulls##t Co.Didn't one of their ships capt ban them.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:54:37 AM EDT
[#9]
All minor bit players on the world's stage.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#10]
So why are they all moving here and killing their own mothers for green cards?

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#11]
like I said before and the documantry made clear.........ISRAEL is the only contry in the world that recives some help from the u.s. but doesnt spit on its flag. The u.s gives billions to jordan and indonisia and all they can do is instead of thank the u.s, they hate and spit on the u.s. the same goes for the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:01:51 AM EDT
[#12]
IF you watch the program, Bush isn't too popular even in Israel.  The ISraeli guy on the show said the US is Israel's only true ally.  I thought Israel has a good relationship with South Africa, but that's probably changed since the commie ANC took over there.

I still wonder what the deal is with Brazil.  What have we ever done to them?  Our banks loaned them billions, and the US government bails out Brazil's government when they verge on default.  For this they hate us?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Jordan's people may not like us, but their government has done a hell of a lot to help us.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Jordan's people may not like us, but their government has done a hell of a lot to help us.
View Quote

I defy you to name more then one concrete thing that they have done to help. Please dont show me the token steps that they say they are doing in english. I say that for the arab world speaks nicly in engish but speaks thier ugly truth in arabic. I bet if you understood arabic you wouldnt have posted that redicules comment.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:07:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:07:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Who cares. Every single one of the countries mentioned owes us $$, and lot's of it. Keep up the smart mouthed comments and we'll call in the debt's.

All of em need a big steaming cup.......
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:11:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
IF you watch the program, Bush isn't too popular even in Israel.  The ISraeli guy on the show said the US is Israel's only true ally.  I thought Israel has a good relationship with South Africa, but that's probably changed since the commie ANC took over there.

I still wonder what the deal is with Brazil.  What have we ever done to them?  Our banks loaned them billions, and the US government bails out Brazil's government when they verge on default.  For this they hate us?
View Quote

Listen, Israelis worship America and love its people. What a lot of Israelis, including me are upset about, is bush’s double standard where he tries to appease the Arabs for their oil by sacrificing Israel’s security for he has his bush doctrine where the u.s fights terrorism but then tells Israel to not fight.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:14:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I defy you to name more then one concrete thing that they have done to help. Please dont show me the token steps that they say they are doing in english. I say that for the arab world speaks nicly in engish but speaks thier ugly truth in arabic. I bet if you understood arabic you wouldnt have posted that redicules comment.
View Quote

Hey IDFM, there's a webpage [url]www.memri.org[/url] that translates all the ugly stuff printed in Arabic into english.  It's quite an eye-opener.  Incredibly hateful stuff coming from AMBASSADORS. The Saudi ambassador to the UK writes poems praising the 9/11 terrorists and suicide bombers.

And Rik, the Jordanians help our intelligence services in torturing terror suspects, to keep our hands clean.  The Jordanian autocrats seem like fairly decent rulers, by Arab standards.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Hey IDFM, there's a webpage [url]www.memri.org[/url] that translates all the ugly stuff printed in Arabic into english.  It's quite an eye-opener.  Incredibly hateful stuff coming from AMBASSADORS. The Saudi ambassador to the UK writes poems praising the 9/11 terrorists and suicide bombers.

And Rik, the Jordanians help our intelligence services in torturing terror suspects, to keep our hands clean.  The Jordanian autocrats seem like fairly decent rulers, by Arab standards.
View Quote

Thanks raven for the link. I know that site already, it is just the tip of the iceberg for it doesn’t even discuss the daily hate filled sermons at the mosques throughout the Arab world. This is the real problem.

As for Jordan. It might seem like to you that the rulers are nicer but in reality they are as evil as the rest of the Arab world. Lets not forget that Jordan is 70 percent Palestinian and the only reason why it is relatively quite there is for the fact that the kings father in 1970 in the month of September killed more Palestinians in one month then the Israelis have in all of its defensive wars combined. (The clear lesson here is that they were brutal so now there can be quiet……a lesson indeed!)

As for Jordan helping. Again they do not play any big role. Yes they have done a few integrations but that has basically been it. that’s basically their only contribution and help they have giving to the us. And it is a small one for the u.s. has other countries like Israel or other ones that can and do the same work.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I defy you to name more then one concrete thing that they have done to help.
View Quote

They have given us MAJOR aid in hunting down Al Quaeda.  They question Al Quaeda prisoners for us and share intelligence with us.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I defy you to name more then one concrete thing that they have done to help.
View Quote

They have given us MAJOR aid in hunting down Al Quaeda.  They question Al Quaeda prisoners for us and share intelligence with us.
View Quote

Firstly I would say that their help in negligible and I would dispute your "major help" claim.

Even if what you are saying were true, it then would bring a terrible irony or situation for they might help the u.s. on one side but on the other side be a breeding ground that creates these terriosts to begin with. These terrorists are permeated throughout Jordan and are encouraged by its hate filled media and sermons in the mosques. Again I reiterate that the Jordanians and the Arab world seem nice and helpful in English for this is to just disguise the truth and reality that in Arabic (where it counts) they are saying another massage and are not helping but in fact contributing to the hate and the fermentation of these terrorists.

To make it a bit more clear, they are creating and housing these terrorists and then turning around and saying token sayings in English that is hiding their duplicity and reality.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Even if what you are saying were true, it then would bring a terrible irony or situation for they might help the u.s. on one side but on the other side be a breeding ground that creates these terriosts to begin with. These terrorists are permeated throughout Jordan and are encouraged by its hate filled media and sermons in the mosques. Again I reiterate that the Jordanians and the Arab world seem nice and helpful in English for this is to just disguise the truth and reality that in Arabic (where it counts) they are saying another massage and are not helping but in fact contributing to the hate and the fermentation of these terrorists.

To make it a bit more clear, they are creating and housing these terrorists and then turning around and saying token sayings in English that is hiding their duplicity and reality.
View Quote

Maybe.  But when you compare the Husseins to the Sauds, they don't look too bad at all.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:22:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Maybe.  But when you compare the Husseins to the Sauds, they don't look too bad at all.
View Quote

Ok, but really it’s all negligible. Jordan in general is part of the same hate filled pot as all the other hate mongering countries that are in the region. I guess if you want you can have a list and yes on top would be Saudi Arabia and then Syria and Iran but Jordan is not too far behind.

The simple reality is that you as an American are as welcome to visit Jordan  as much as you are to visit Saudi Arabia. (I suggest that if you are foolish to visit Jordan or any other country in the Middle East, you bring along some body armour and some of the fine weapons that most of you have on this site)
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:22:48 AM EDT
[#27]
What the World Thinks of America
View Quote

I believe this is the best definition of what it means to be a true American patriot:

We couldn't [u]possibly[/u] care less what the rest of the world thinks about us.

We are free men.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Who won the big one? Who wins the big ones over and over again?

That's right.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#29]
What the World Thinks of America  

Who gives an aerial fornication? It's like when Salin was warned about pissing off the Pope, then Pius XII, his response was to the point. "How many divisions does he have?"
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Do they think that we don't notice the fact that every time a country get's into deep do-do either our $, or our children are spent to fix the problem.
Quite frankly, when the rest of the world can fix the big problems I'll have more respect for them and PERHAPS care what they think.
Until then they are bit players who's opinion really doesn't amount to much.
Some of them may have history, and they may even be right, we may not have couth.
What we do have is the ability to make a decision, then to act on it.We may not always be right, but at least we take a position and go.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#31]
My experiences:

Europeans are a mostly bunch of liberalist pansies (the large nations, France, the UK)

As for the rest of the world, they are mostly fed by their impression of this nation. They see the US stepping into affairs that countries would rather settle themselves, or doing other things that arent called for.

For example: I spent a month in Ukraine last summer,One night I got to spend a few hours drinking with some guys who just got out of the Israeli army after his mandatory service there (went to school there, then stayed for the military)
What dumb shits. Acutally, Israelies. They brainwash the guys and force-feed them anti-american BS. They had SO many things wrong, I wanted to shit nails. That is, all after we send them billions of dollars in equipment.

Another major component, is the media. In most nations, movies and shows are based on reality. Then they see the dumb americans who are all gangsters, and only up to no good (in movies).
In any case, From what I have seen talking to people outside this country, I've learned that for the most part, TV is what gives these people their view of our society.
Secondary, are our political actions.
Tertiary, their ignorance and stupidity.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My experiences:

For example: I spent a month in Ukraine last summer,One night I got to spend a few hours drinking with some guys who just got out of the Israeli army after his mandatory service there (went to school there, then stayed for the military)
What dumb shits. Acutally, Israelies. They brainwash the guys and force-feed them anti-american BS. They had SO many things wrong, I wanted to shit nails. That is, all after we send them billions of dollars in equipment.

View Quote

That’s great. Here you go quoting this one Ukrainian who most probably wasn’t even Jewish but went to Israel for the better life(like thousands of them do). This is your whole basis for the lie that you spew here of how the Israelis are anti American. As an ex Israeli paratrooper I can state categorically that there is no better friend then Israel Most Israelis have a favourable view and are even taught that America is a force for good. In the army most of us have the same view and admiration. The only jibe we have is that perhaps amongst soldiers we are the better fighters but that is normal in all militaries where depending where you serve you think you are the best
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My experiences:

View Quote

So you base you WHOLE geo-political thoughts on talking with a few drunk guys?
WTF is wrong with you? [stick]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That’s great. Here you go quoting this one Ukrainian who most probably wasn’t even Jewish but went to Israel for the better life(like thousands of them do). This is your whole basis for the lie that you spew here of how the Israelis are anti American. As an ex Israeli paratrooper I can state categorically that there is no better friend then Israel Most Israelis have a favourable view and are even taught that America is a force for good. In the army most of us have the same view and admiration. The only jibe we have is that perhaps amongst soldiers we are the better fighters but that is normal in all militaries where depending where you serve you think you are the best
View Quote

They were jews, And thats THEIR experiences. I didnt say anything about the entire israeli population/military.

Quoted:

So you base you WHOLE geo-political thoughts on talking with a few drunk guys?
WTF is wrong with you? [stick]
View Quote

I DONT BASE ANYHING on that, just used it as an example. I have met plenty of people pro and anti-american.
maybe their CO was just a big jackass, and thats not what all israelies are taught.

BTW, the conversation was before we got drunk. While waiting for the booze.

In any case, remember that I dont base anything on them. Just stating a little experience.
Maybe theyre just the one in a few.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

They were jews, And thats THEIR experiences.

Maybe theyre just the one in a few.
View Quote

well now they are back in ukraine......kind of tells you thier jewishness.

not maybee but for sure.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Andreuha,

A lot of Russians use Israel's aliyha laws (citizenship granted to anyone Jewish) and the former USSR's very corrupt and easily defrauded bureaucracy to claim Jewish heritage, in order to escape Russia and Ukraine.  A lot of mafia types do this, especially prostitution rings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top