Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 5:21:58 AM EDT
Seems that some school girls have a tradition of "settling their differences" on the last day of school.  Here's a news article with a video of the fracas

[url]http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/education/2274104/detail.html[/url]

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:24:38 AM EDT
[#1]
...no comment.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I have not seen this nor will I look at it, but I'd bet that the antagonists are members of a certain oppressed minority.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
First off, I am a little turned on.

Secondly, what's the big deal?  They're settling schoolyard disputes - using their fists instead of other things - and waiting until the last day of of school to do it so they won't get suspended and miss classes.

This would be considered a huge leap forward in the Milwaukee Public School system.

Worthy of note, I thought, was when the news report finished up with: "fortunately, police and students feel that it was a one time fight and don't feel it will be repeated this year."
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:35:59 AM EDT
[#4]
WOW! Never having been to Pittsburg, I didn't know it was so,,, uh,, citified! Looks a lot like Baltimore, probably not as bad though.

When I was graduating high school, all us hot-rodders had a burn out competition right in front of the school. There were so many of us the cops just kinda looked the other way, but let it be known that it ended right there. Anyone doing it around town would be ticketed.

Times were more innocent I guess....
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Times were more innocent I guess....
View Quote

I remember that episode!  That's the one where during a crucial moment of the basketball game with Mayville,  Pottsy threw a free-throw all the way over the hoop and then, and then, the Fonz told the Principal to "sit on it"!

[8D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#6]
you said "sit on it" ... Im telling  !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:41:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have not seen this nor will I look at it, but I'd bet that the antagonists are members of a certain oppressed minority.
View Quote

no. it is actually the ritual summer battle/rumble between the high school's girl's equestrian and rowing teams. it usally takes place on the 18th green of the local country club golf course, but due to a schedule conflict with a charity golf tournament, a different location was chosen.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#8]
why not do something productive and charge admission?
In this corner, Shaniqua, from the 8th street projects, wearing next to nothing, and larg gold hoop earrings.
And her opponent, fighting out of the 12th avenue shanty-town, wearing corn rows and a gold tooth, Doretha!

I'd go see it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In this corner, Shaniqua, from the 8th street projects, wearing next to nothing, and larg gold hoop earrings.
And her opponent, fighting out of the 12th avenue shanty-town, wearing corn rows and a gold tooth, Doretha!

I'd go see it.
View Quote

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Plenty of money to be made by ambitious capitalists.  "Schoolgirl Mud Wrestling!"  Charge admission.  The promoter can make some money and they girls could also get some money to go towards their college fund.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:04:41 AM EDT
[#10]
What a charming group of young women.
No doubt a shining and glorious future awaits each and every one of them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:19:13 AM EDT
[#11]
"Shonte`, La-Quetha, Donknesha, and Nephorteeti Williams (no relation) all of 1241 8th st Apt 41,43,45 Bldg 6, were  awarded the 'Gold Fist of Self Esteem' today for their role in the annual End of the Year All Girl Brawl and Rump Shaker Contest. Due to their impending incarceration they were unavailable for a 'shout out' at this time. Miss. Williams 5 year old son Ne-Shawn did had this to say,     ' F&%$ dem otha ho's. My momma was representin! 8th St!' Back to you Bob."
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#12]
"She was trying to get her eyes and they put her in handcuffs and one of the policemen threw her on the ground. I was thinking, 'Why should he have to throw her on the ground when he's a man and she's a girl, like a slim girl?' He shouldn't have to do that, I didn't think," one witness said.
View Quote

GIRL?  I'd be willing to bet half of the "girls" there were AT LEAST 20 yrs old.
CR
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I didn't think," one witness said.
View Quote

View Quote

The key to the whole thing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
and waiting until the last day of of school to do it so they won't get suspended and miss classes.
View Quote

Where I went to school, the administration made it very well known that any end of the year fights would have a long suspension that started the first day of school next year.  Any seniors who did it would find themselves suspended and unable to graduate on time.

Worked like a charm.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd go see it.
View Quote

That's exactly what I was thinking.  Plenty of money to be made by ambitious capitalists.  "Schoolgirl Mud Wrestling!"  Charge admission.  The promoter can make some money and they girls could also get some money to go towards their college fund.

-Nick Viejo.
View Quote

Now that college shit is funny. In that part of town ain't none of them goin to ever be more than a crack ho.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd pay money to see it. Cage match and everything a la UFC.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:44:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Why not?....Let's have some fun.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#18]
The cops should have used rubber bullets
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#19]
No, their PARENTS should have used RUBBERS!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:37:40 AM EDT
[#20]
GODDAMN! Why do those girls have to bring the whole Police brutality thing on them.  Freaking dumbass!  

Your right, their parents should have used rubbers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#21]
After looking at the participants in the video I'm not surprised.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

You would be correct [url]http://html.thepittsburghchannel.com/sh/slideshow/_auto/sh24680s1.html[/url]

This slide show would make a good pro-abortion ad.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Abortion? Why not STERILIZATION?
[puts on flame-suit]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Them cops sure look stupid. What were they thinking?

Shoulda sprayed everyone within 12 feet.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Abortion? Why not STERILIZATION?
[puts on flame-suit]
View Quote

There already are groups paying people to do that. But that is really for older adults.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Them cops sure look stupid. What were they thinking?

Shoulda sprayed everyone within 12 feet.
View Quote

That one cop looks like he needs to lose about 50 pounds
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like they're not doing much to teach proper pronunciation of the English language there....
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#29]
lol... did you see that lard ass donut chaser near the end? [lol]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Well it sure wasn't shot in Penn Hills!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Friggin gorillas in the inner city jungle fighting to establish dominance. The winner gains the rights to breed with an adolescent future silverback. This is simply a case of apes attempting to gaurantee passing of lineage
through uncivilized combat.
Kill them all, let dead confederate soldiers sort them out!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Friggin gorillas in the inner city jungle fighting to establish dominance. The winner gains the rights to breed with an adolescent future silverback. This is simply a case of apes attempting to gaurantee passing of lineage
View Quote

Hmmmm I am thinking an IBTL is justified here now......
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#33]
[lol]

IBTL

i'm not surprised

isn't "joon teenth" day right around the corner?

yee haw

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

While the implied racism of some other post should have been enough to make me stop reading this thread, I just [i]had[/i] to read yours.  It takes the fucking cake.

You need to be banned you inbred, racist fucking puke.  Highstrung is I'm sure, a not so subtle peek into your personality.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

While the implied racism of some other post should have been enough to make me stop reading this thread, I just [i]had[/i] to read yours.  It takes the fucking cake.

You need to be banned you inbred, racist fucking puke.  Highstrung is I'm sure, a not so subtle peek into your personality.  
View Quote

I will second that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Constitutional rights, when excercised by an American, recieve stout and verdent opposition.
Evoking such hostile responses without the use of euphamisms and sarcasm is simply too mundane.
If my previous post has inspired you to judge me, then I suppose you to are flexing your rights. It is very nice indeed on my part, that I have spurned you to respond so eloquently.
Revealed on your behalf is also insight into the not so subtle discriminations you harbor.
Consider your buttons pressed. That was easy!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#37]
The video in mmmmm... intresting and entertaining, but I glad I didn't go to that "school".

And IBTL.  How much does a Trojan cost?  It must be too much now days......
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I will second that.
View Quote

What a couple of pussies... to borrow a phrase:

[b]Go to Oprah!!...Go to Oprah!!...Go to Oprah!![/b]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#39]
They don't know any better and never will, just let them fight it out and what happens will happen.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Constitutional rights, when excercised by an American, recieve stout and verdent opposition.
Evoking such hostile responses without the use of euphamisms and sarcasm is simply too mundane.
If my previous post has inspired you to judge me, then I suppose you to are flexing your rights. It is very nice indeed on my part, that I have spurned you to respond so eloquently.
Revealed on your behalf is also insight into the not so subtle discriminations you harbor.
Consider your buttons pressed. That was easy!
View Quote

[:K]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm with one of the first posters.  Kids fight and brawl in school.  Nothing new about that.  This time, though, we got to watch a pretty cool video of it.

IIRC, a few weeks ago it was white gals in Illinois who put some classmates through a pretty brutal hazing ritual.  They made these inner-city black gals look like girl scouts!

And it seemed to me that the girls the news crew interviewed for the piece were pretty well-spoken and articulate for their age.  Sure they talked like "black people" but I don't disparage southerners for talking differently from me or having an accent, either.

Just another day in the jungle!

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm with one of the first posters.  Kids fight and brawl in school.  Nothing new about that.  This time, though, we got to watch a pretty cool video of it.
-Nick Viejo.
View Quote

Would have been much cooler if the participants were modeling school coeds in lingerie.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#44]
They ain't no Foxy Cleopatras!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#45]
These people, along with the rioters burning their town in Michigan, would be the first to complain about stereotyping.  They have an incredible inability to connect behavior and consequences.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Don’t know; maybe 230 grains to the frontal lobe via the occipital lobe would change some things in that school. Then again it may start more summer fun.

Repeat after me “ the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire, we don’t need no water let the motherfuc…” you all know the rest, sing it with me…

WTF. It’s time for an ELE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top