Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2003 6:22:06 PM EDT
I had to make a "mandatory" family outing today. No big deal...until we picked up my "Command-Sergeant-Mother-In-Law".

[RANT MODE ON]

When she got in the car, I thought I was going to puke my guts out! She had on this foul-smelling perfume AND LOT'S OF IT, TO BOOT! Seriously, it was really disgusting...I had to roll down the window and get some air before I suffocated...ICCCKKKK!!!!

In fact, as I sit here typing this, I can still smell the sh*t on me. And I never got any closer than 3 feet from her all day.

IMHO, a woman's perfume should be subtle and not noticeable until you're close enough to carry on a conversation. It SHOULD NOT b*tch slap you from 20' across the room and make you wretch in the process!

[RANT MODE OFF]

Is it just me or does anyone else notice old women & their nasty-a$$ed perfume?

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Ever smelled a dead body?

There's your answer.

cynic
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It's like fat ladies and shoes.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

a woman's perfume should be subtle and not noticeable until you're close enough to carry on a conversation. It SHOULD NOT b*tch slap you from 20' across the room and make you wretch in the process!

View Quote

This would make a nice sig line.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It is to cover up the fact that they are dead zombies.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Old people smell. I used to work in a nursing home, and it's tough to get some old codgers to bathe, so, using the habits they learned in an era where people didn't bathe as much, they cover up the stench with perfume. Why do you think perfume was invented? People used to stink a lot more than they do now, simply because they exerted themselves more (more walking, more hard physical exercise, just to do a job or run a household, for example) and bathed less. Ergo, stinko!

I would have told her to sit downwind, and I'll bet she's heard complaints about her chemical warfare before. What a battle-axe. You have my sympathies. Tell here where to go.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Was it Charlie or Jontu ?  

I'd hit it..  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#8]
i hear you bro.
we got a couple up at work that leave vapor trails!
old people can't smell.  old men stink from  sweat, tobacco and beer, old women reek from perfume.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Was it Charlie or Jontu ?  

I'd hit it..  [;)]
View Quote

Dude, you need help. My Mom-In-Law is 69 years old and a real mean b*tch. She's been married & divorced twice. Both times her husband left her for another woman.

She's all nicey-nicey 'til hooks some poor schmuck. She then makes the unlucky bastard do all sorts of stupid sh*t until he gets fed up and leaves her. Then it's off to the internet or church function of the week to snag another unsuspecting guy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#10]
A lawyer in my office had a conference last friday with someone wearing a similar quantity of perfume.  Nasty ass stank shit too.   The whole place was messed up.

Poor guy had to meet her in the smallest conference room to.  That shit was probably concentrated to 750,000 parts per million in that room when she left.  Blech.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#12]
It's not just old women. About 1 in 10 women under age 50 also seem to have no idea that (a) some perfumes smell like bug spray, and (b) less perfume is ALWAYS better than more.

Perhaps it's a form of competition – an attempt to overwhelm any other perfume in the room.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
(snip) My Mom-In-Law is 69 years old and a real mean b*tch. She's been married & divorced twice. Both times her husband left her for another woman.

She's all nicey-nicey 'til hooks some poor schmuck. She then makes the unlucky bastard do all sorts of stupid sh*t until he gets fed up and leaves her. Then it's off to the internet or church function of the week to snag another unsuspecting guy.
View Quote

[b]LANDSHARK AHOY![/b][shock]

I pray to God your missus doesn't take after her mom in years to come! [shock] [shock]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#14]
When I went to a baseball game where the yankees were playing, what the hell is it with the new yawkers and their gallon application of stinky colognes and perfumes? My god, I thought I was at the mall perfume counter. I was going to ask this mafia looking guy if he had an emergency bottle of old spice hanging from his Mr T. gold chain starter kit, but he was too busy stuffing his face with hot dogs and beer. It was a good thing that smoking wasn't allowed in the stands or there would have been a huge FAE.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Gawd thats funny!

I know what you mean.

Sometimes when I go shopping a blue hair'll walk by and can hardly breath.

If I was smoking or lit a match I have a feeling the air around em might spontaneously combust.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Had this one customer yesterday who smelled like he had taken his morning shower in cheap cologne...

Made me wish I had a gas mask behind the counter...

The only thing that's worse is when someone like that (or someone with serious BO) also happens to be one of those idiots who thinks they need to stand 2 inches from your nose when talking to you, even though you're total strangers...

Not restricted to old folks either....

It's also perticularly common with teenage girls (My sister went through such a phase, it's been 5-6 years since she got over it and I still remember how bad the house smelled.)...
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Smelly perfumes are the #1 bitch I have when it comes to dealing with people.

I have to work with people who wear Old Spice and Chaps.

Old Spice just plain stinks.

Chaps smells like alligator piss (musk). Trust me on that, I used to have own an alligator.

As far as old lady stink...I often will ask what they are wearing, only because I am making a list of the stuff that irritates my sinuses. Im serious, some of that shit gives me headaches and I want to know the content.

Clinique stuff is the worst, followed by Fendi and a select other few.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#19]
to cover the smell of the frameldahide. (sp?)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top