Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2003 3:11:45 PM EDT
I just purchased it on PPV. If you're a fan of The Matrix series, you must see it.

It made me feel sorry for the machines. It appeared that the humans started it. Although the last two shorts confused the hell out of me. I had NO idea what the hell was going on.

If anyone has seen it, can they kindly explain the last two shorts?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to rent this, but I'm waiting to go to my friend's house with the big-screen tv.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the DVD the other day.  Pretty cool.

They all made since to me.  Which ones were the last 2?

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I got the DVD the other day.  Pretty cool.

They all made since to me.  Which ones were the last 2?

View Quote

The second to last one with the 'haunted house' and the girl with the cat the ran off.

Then the last on was with the chick with the long neck (just the drawing style) and it appeared that they captured the two machines and turned them 'good'. It was all trippy when the went in the matrix or whatever and they looked like robots themselves.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

They were stories about peoples lives Inside the Matrix.

No direct link to the Neo storyline, except a Private Dick looking' for Trinity.

echo6
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

They were stories about peoples lives Inside the Matrix.

No direct link to the Neo storyline, except a Private Dick looking' for Trinity.

echo6
View Quote

ohh, I see. Thanks.

So they were just unrelated stories I see. But what was the deal with the house where the kids threw bottles at the ground and they shattered, only to re-form and bounce back? Or when the kids jumped off the top of the thing and stopped only an inch from the ground? Was it like some sort of gateway to the real world?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:38:52 PM EDT
[#6]
They are a cool collection of cartoons.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#7]
what was the deal with the house where the kids threw bottles at the ground and they shattered, only to re-form and bounce back? Or when the kids jumped off the top of the thing and stopped only an inch from the ground? Was it like some sort of gateway to the real world?
View Quote

IMO the stuff was caused buy a "Glitch" in the program. Kind of like the Deja Vu in the first movie.

Yes. In a former life, I was a geek [:)]

echo6
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#8]
It was caused by an error in the Matrix.  Remember the overhead computer shots of the area with the big ERROR in red over the "haunted house"?  That's why the agents were dispatched to fix it.

[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It was caused by an error in the Matrix.  Remember the overhead computer shots of the area with the big ERROR in red over the "haunted house"?  That's why the agents were dispatched to fix it.

View Quote

bah, I shold have payed attention better! I was too concerned with her cat I guess :)
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, the story about the Osiris had a connection to the movie story line since they were the ones that discovered the sentinels drilling to Zion.

Also, the story about the skateboard kid was directly linked to the movie since you saw that kid in the movie.  Remember, he was the kid that greeted Neo and wanted to carry his stuff and kept thanking him for saving his life?

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:42:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, the story about the Osiris had a connection to the movie story line since they were the ones that discovered the sentinels drilling to Zion.

Also, the story about the skateboard kid was directly linked to the movie since you saw that kid in the movie.  Remember, he was the kid that greeted Neo and wanted to carry his stuff and kept thanking him for saving his life?

View Quote

In my quote above, I was refering ONLY to the last two stories.

echo6
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I thought that the Kid's Story was messed up. What's the message of that one? Commit suicide and you get to join Neo?

Also in the Second Renaissance Part 2 they showed the humans nuking the machines' city and having no effect. In the movies they can stop the machines with an EMP. What do you think a nuke gives off when it explodes?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I thought that the Kid's Story was messed up. What's the message of that one? Commit suicide and you get to join Neo?

Also in the Second Renaissance Part 2 they showed the humans nuking the machines' city and having no effect. In the movies they can stop the machines with an EMP. What do you think a nuke gives off when it explodes?
View Quote

Thats a very good point. Have'nt thought of that. Maybe the machines anticipated such an attack and put up some safe guards against it, but theres no way they could have done so for their entire army. The Humans still should have won in this case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top