Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 5:12:45 PM EDT
Heres my backyard at around 6:30pm tonight. It rains every Damn day[V]
It's got to stop sometime. Right???

Heres looking off my back deck
[img]http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/18080/p/352930_4356461704156955896_vl.jpg[/img]

Heres looking towards the back of my house
[img]http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/18080/p/352929_2134630341548481652_vl.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe you can stock it with fish.[ROFL2]

Seriously.....I'm sick of the rain too.  Don't have it as bad as you but everything is saturated.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit, we've been hit more than an inch of rain today alone.  My backyard looks exactly like yours.  Think positive, summer has to come sometime.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
If your sump pump goes out, you can stay with me, the wife, and lucky. Second thought, forget it!!!You eat too much, and I don't want you rummaging around through my big metal box!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe you can stock it with fish.[ROFL2]
View Quote

Sounds like a plan Brother. It's still coming down steady.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If your sump pump goes out, you can stay with me, the wife, and lucky. Second thought, forget it!!!You eat too much, and I don't want you rummaging around through my big metal box!!!!!
View Quote

HAHAHA! Nows the best time to stay with you. I can raid your frig while you're laid up in the easy chair[:D]

Oh and Heidi Ho might somehow end up in my truck on the way to Ashtabula[;)]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I know it has been crazy in Ohio with all the rain , farmer down the street measured the rain at over 28 inches in our area within the last 45 days. I don't think we have had more than three days in a row without rain. Enough aughhhhhhhhhhh.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like you homes value just went up. Lakefront property.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]
What's rain?[:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a flat in this rain today. Just in time to remember that I lent my jack to a friend months ago. Called USAA and they sent a truck out an hour later.. with no jack! He offered to tow it for $50 though. Thanks a lot buddy. Ended up driving across to a 7/11 and begging for .50 cents in change so I could fill up my tire. Made it home all right, but had a serious case of the ass. I'm fine now. Thanks for letting me vent.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What's rain?[:D]
View Quote
If it rained where your at all you folks would be steam cooked.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Ah, living in the states that border on the Great Lakes.  If the wind comes from the north or north west.  You get lake effect rain.  If the wind comes from the south or south east you get the Gulf or Atlantic effect rain.  If the wind comes from the east or northeast, well, that's a Nor'eastern, and you guessed it.  More f***ing rain.  The only time it does not rain is when the wind comes from the southwest or due west.  Provided that there is no southward dipping trough in the jetstream that pulls moisture up from the gulf.
Don't forget about stalled fronts and low pressures and the occassional double stalled low pressure with a stalled cold front from the north west that is backed up by a stationary front that starts from Louisianna and ends off the coast of Labrador.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Lots of rain here in Mo. also. I am quite tired of it myself. Of course it still ain't diddly squat compared to '93. All I can do is keep thinking it has to stop sometime.
Good luck dealing with the mud and muck and hopefully the grass won't die off.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#13]
It's been so wet around here that I saw a worm give a bird Mouth-to-Mouth last week.
[0j]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#14]
> > A fellow died one day and found himself waiting in the long line of
> > judgment. As he stood there he noticed that some souls were allowed to
> march
> >
> > right through the pearly gates into Heaven. Others though, were led over
> to
> > Satan who threw them into the burning pit. But every so often, instead
of
> > hurling a poor soul into the fire, Satan would toss a soul off to one
side
> > into a small pile.
> >
> > After watching Satan do this several times, the fellow's curiosity got
the
> > best of him. So he strolled over and asked Satan what he was doing.
> "Excuse
> > me, Prince of Darkness," he said. "I'm waiting in line for judgment, but
I
> > couldn't help wondering why are you tossing those people aside instead
of
> > flinging them into the Fires of Hell along with the others?"
> >
> > "Ah, those . . ." Satan said with a groan. "They're all from
> > Ohio....They're still too cold and wet to burn
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't know were you are in OH, but it was an abnormaly cold one here in MI this winter. This has lead to a rather wet spring. As I had suspected, while everyone scoffed. HAHAHAHA. Well look at it this way, it has to dry out sometime.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:28:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I hear ya. It has rained (T-Stormed) the last three days.

Here is the forcast:
Today
Jun 13  Scattered Strong Storms 92°/72° 40 %
Sat
Jun 14  Scattered T-Storms 87°/69° 40 %
Sun
Jun 15  Isolated T-Storms 85°/67° 30 %

I had plans to go dirtbiking & camping this weekend.

BTW: That is a beautiful looking home you have.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Here where I live in PA, we've had rain 26 out of the last 31 days!  
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I sure wish you could send some of our way.
It hasn't rained here in so long I've forgotten what the stuff looks like....
Almost makes my want to take a little trip to the midwest just to see what the color green is!
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:02:52 PM EDT
[#20]
It's rained here so much I can't remember the last nice day we had.

Reminds me of the old song by Creedance Clearwater Revival, " Who'll stop the Rain".

They were passing through Virginia in 69' when Hurricane Camille Hit and came up with that song. At least that's what I understand.

MM419
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the old song by Creedance Clearwater Revival, " Who'll stop the Rain".
View Quote

Excellent song...great band!  I just went to see Creedance Clearwater Revisited about 2 months ago.  The new singer sounds almost exactly like John Fogarty.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Don't look now, but the sun is shining!

(note date/time stamp) :/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top