Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 2:38:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen similar things happen on jobs I was on, I was a third party inspector so I was not one of the union guys.  It suck to see stuff like this happen same as on nonunion jobs I been on where I busted my ass and was passed over time and time again for the higherups freinds since they were in the buddy system.  That system led to me losing my job.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I know, my company may be on strike by sunday.  Us non-union folks are telling each other to be careful cause some of the strikes have turned ugly in years past.  I just hope this wont hurt too badly.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My union experience in the 60's was pretty good.  Productivity and attendance were never problems.

Eventually the pay scale became two-tiered (for inadequate reasons) and things started going down hill with part-time workers outnumbering full-timers

Human behavior is predictably insidious when groups rule.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell the worker bees that their kids will be making a run for the border in 15 years to get into Mexico where the jobs are.

I can see the signs now,.. "No Entrada Gringos!"
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Close up shop, reopen in 2 weeks, and hire everyone back part time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunatley we live in a time where the average company is either on one extreme or the other.  I work for the largest majority non union airline, and we're getting stepped on by upper mgmt, while listening to them b!tch about how we're losing money.  WAKE UP CEO YOUR SALARY IS 80 TIMES THE LEVEL OF YOUR AVERAGE WORKER.  Ok so you gave your 2.4 mil salary back what about the 6-7 mil of stock options that you gave yourself, and your now secured retirement no matter what.  On the flip side you have the other majors who's unions agreed to help the company out then upper mgmt pulls a fast one, and they wonder why so many of their workers are disgruntled.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep

From my position in the tree, all the monkeys above look the same.
Top Top