Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 10:56:05 PM EDT
Are any of you guys familiar with this fellow?  He believes that the US government is behind the 9/11 attacks, that the 'New World Order' is taking over, etc.  He also has a website "Infowars.com"  This evening we watched two of his videos that a friend had sent to me.  While I am very skeptical of most of what he says, I was just curious about what others might think about him.  So what do you guys think?  Smart man, total idiot, or somewhere in between?

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking about Jones and his 9/11 video the other day.

In the video, he reported that there were two explosions in the OKC bombing.  Both eyewitnesses and seismic sensors at universities detected two discrete explosions.

Anyway, I have an explanation:

McVeigh used commercial water gel explosives as boosters to detonate the main ANFO charges. I've set off bombs as a kid that had a combination of slow-burning and fast burning explosives (i.e., black powder, and flash powder) and you could distinctly hear the two compounds exploding, even though they were mixed together in the same package.
I think that's why witnesses at OKC bombing heard two explosions, and that the faster initiator charge registered seperately from the main ANFO charge.  I'll have to watch his 9/11 video again, see the graph paper.

(Jones theorizes that the ATF planted high powered military explosives in the basement to coincide with McVeigh's crude homemade bomb, in order to spark a polic-state crackdown on militia and anti-government groups.  I think that's insane).
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
He also theorizes that the walls were blown OUT in OK city, using that to fuel his claim that there were several explosives planted inside.  He claimed that the reason the ATF agents weren't in the building is because they were warned away by the government the day before the bombing.  I thought that was interesting.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
He also theorizes that the walls were blown OUT in OK city, using that to fuel his claim that there were several explosives planted inside.
View Quote

Whatever.  Have you ever seen photos of the Beruit embassy car bombing from the 80's, or the Khobar towers bombing in 1996?  

Looks just like OKC, and it was the same MO: a vehicle packed with explosives is parked up against the face of a tall building.  The blast rips the whole face of the building off, leaving the floors exposed.  Looks just like any other truck bombing against a 10 story building I've ever seen. Only truck bombing from the INSIDE I've ever seen was the WTC in 1993.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I watched his 9/11 Road To Tyranny video or whatever it's called.  Watching it made me extremely paranoid about what the gov. is doing to us.

But as I watched it, I typed in names and incidents into google and saw how much he was spinning particular incidents to make the gov look bad and evil.  I read the original news reports and actually checked up on his sources.  He's far out there.

But I will say that he probably breeds alot of distrust and contempt for the government.  Even if his "followers" are somewhat mislead and taken in by his rhetoric, I appreciate what he's doing.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:33:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Whacko!! At least he sounds like it.  I haven't seen his videos as of yet though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Two words...
Crack.
Pot.
View Quote

Not quite a crackhead, just [b]crackish[/b]...

Jamie Fox
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:57:28 AM EDT
[#8]
My jury is still out on this.

I do remember watching the lives news coverage immediately following the bombing.  For a short time they were reporting that the first responders had found more bombs inside the building.  Then suddenly they stopped mentioning it and nothing more was heard about other bombs.

When this came up in another thread I also brought up an article in which a former military officer which a background in such things stated that an ANFO bomb of the size McVeigh was supposed to have used couldn't generate enough energy to cause that much damage.  There were a couple responses to that posting, but I'm too lazy right now to go find them.

IMO, there are still a lot of blanks to be filled in.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:11:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Two words...
Crack.
Pot.

This guy is completely nuts.
View Quote

You said it.  A total loon.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#11]
One theory....

This report on the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City was prepared by Brigadier General Benton K. Partin, USAF (Ret.) and dated July 30, 1995.

The report was submitted to the U.S. Congress and is a matter of the Congressional Record.

[url]http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/OK/PARTIN/okm.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:01:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, Liberty86.  I was kinda busy here at work- er- I mean, um, nevermind...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Just enough of the truth mixed in with gratuitous accusation and hyperbole to make you stop and think.  I do think it's entertaining to listen to when I have the time though.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#14]
After having a night to think over most of what he has said, I believe that most of what he spouts has a serious 'spin' on it.  However, from an entertaining stand point it is quite interesting.  On the tape we watched he kept aluding to the fact that 'private gun ownership keeps this country free' but that soon 'the government would be coming for our guns'.  A couple other outlandish claims he makes are that Mohammed Atta was trained to fly at the Pensacola Naval Air Station and that Atta was trained at the language school at Monterey in California.  Comments?

-REAPER2502  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My jury is still out on this.

I do remember watching the lives news coverage immediately following the bombing.  For a short time they were reporting that the first responders had found more bombs inside the building.  Then suddenly they stopped mentioning it and nothing more was heard about other bombs.

When this came up in another thread I also brought up an article in which a former military officer which a background in such things stated that an ANFO bomb of the size McVeigh was supposed to have used couldn't generate enough energy to cause that much damage.  There were a couple responses to that posting, but I'm too lazy right now to go find them.

IMO, there are still a lot of blanks to be filled in.
View Quote

I remember the OKC bombing aftermath on the news.  They had people holding up their scanners and the bomb squad found Potassium Permanganate canisters throughout the Murrah building, according to their radio transmissions.  I never hear any mention of it since.  Kinda weird, isn't it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top