Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 5:47:55 PM EDT
The following was excerpted from Hillary's interview with Katie Couric on the Today show the other day. It just reinforces her anti-gun views.

Couric: "But were you surprised at the backlash - the really vitriolic,
violent backlash against you in many ways. Do you think it was good,old-fashioned sexism?"

Clinton: "Katie, I think it was many different things. I think there were legitimate questions that I fully understand and accept about whether or not I should have had a position as the head of a task force on health care. And
in retrospect, it shouldn't have happened. It was a mistake. Whether I could have, in some other way, contributed as I continued to do during the rest of the administration, I think we worked out. I began to figure out how to do
that.
But it was I'm sure for some people, you know, women of my generation, me personally- but it was also the values and the issues. You know, there are people who disagree with my fundamental belief that, in our nation, we've
got to figure out a way to provide quality, affordable health care for everybody. That's not the way they see the world. There are people who didn't agree with the economic plan, who didn't agree with the kind of
challenges on taking assault weapons off the street. So, it was many different things. It was personal, which I accept. It was symbolic, which I understand. And it was very much related to the issues and the values that
my husband's administration represented."
Couric: "So, philosophical, as well?"
Clinton: "And ideological, and political."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top