Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 9:56:16 AM EDT
Have any of you ever dealt with [url=www.tacticalshop.com]TacticalShop.com[/url]?

I placed an order for a holster, belt, and cuff case on May 22, and I still haven't heard anything.  They have no phone number on their site, and there has been no reply to the e-mail I sent.  Hardly worth it when Galls was only ten bucks more total and I would have had it by now.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I shoot IDPA with the guy, and someone on here is related to him (I'll let them out themselves).  I can't really vouch for the owner of the "shop".
I will say this, I looked at his website and after seeing that they had no phone number decided I'm not doing business with them.
Did you ever receive a confirmation email or anything else?
Personally, I think that's the shittiest business practice in the world to charge someone's card without shipping the merchandise, and I don't do business with companies that do this.  It is my understanding that it's even illegal in some states, but I could be wrong.
Sorry to hear about your troubles.  I may see him at IDPA on Saturday, if you want to IM or email me the details I'll ask him about it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Tactical Shop

ALL LISTINGS

Tactical Shop
7517 Northwest 8th Street
Miami, FL  33126
map | driving directions

305-266-7328

From anywho.com
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I just sent another e-mail.  I was mistaken...they did not charge the card.  However, I want to know what's going on with my order.  If it's not coming anytime soon, I'll shop elsewhere.

I'll e-mail you the confirmation e-mail I received if I don't hear back from them by tomorrow.

I'll also try calling them right now.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks!
View Quote

No problem, anything to get my post count up! +1

lol
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#5]
That must be their fax number.  The fax number they have listed on their site is disconnected.

I'm getting pissed now.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I just did a reverse lookup on BigYellow.com on the phone number I posted, and I got the same info back:
Tactical Shop
7517 Northwest 8th Street, Miami, FL 33126
(305) 266-7328

I would send them an E-mail, and a fax canelling your order.

Then call your credit card company, and make sure they don't charge anything from Tactical shop, to your card.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No problem, anything to get my post count up! +1

lol
View Quote

What I really ment was, Anything to help my fellow ARFcom'rs  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Still no response.  Norman, you might get an incoming e-mail tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Sigh....

I'm related to the guy. Nice guy, but this type of thread is becoming all too common here.

I'll try and call him. Stand by...

Edited to add: Left him a voicemail asking him to call me immediately, and that he was being beaten up here (again).

I'm sorry to say that I've had to help out two other guys here (Dravisar and someone else I regret I don't remember), but have never had much luck.

BTW, the information provided above (phone, address, etc.) is correct. He DOES have a real storefront. The business is NOT a scam. His customer service, however, obviously needs some help.

I'll continue to see what I can do for ya...

P.S. - Don't shoot the messenger! [BD]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sigh....

I'm related to the guy. Nice guy, but this type of thread is becoming all too common here.

I'll try and call him. Stand by...

Edited to add: Left him a voicemail asking him to call me immediately, and that he was being beaten up here (again).

I'm sorry to say that I've had to help out two other guys here (Dravisar and someone else I regret I don't remember), but have never had much luck.

BTW, the information provided above (phone, address, etc.) is correct. He DOES have a real storefront. The business is NOT a scam. His customer service, however, obviously needs some help.

I'll continue to see what I can do for ya...

P.S. - Don't shoot the messenger! [BD]
View Quote

Well, I figured you'd show up eventually.  I just didn't want to out you.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, I figured you'd show up eventually.  I just didn't want to out you.
View Quote

[:D]

Yep. It's me...

This is the third time I've had to do this. This is also the last. I love the guy to death, and he really is a good guy, but there comes a point...[Zaphod shrugs].

Oh, well. I've tried. Let's see how this one goes...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:54:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Zaphod, I really appreciate your help.  He does have good prices, but I guess it doesn't matter if you can't get the goods!

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Still nothing. [V]
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:24:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Still nothing. [V]
View Quote

Ditto. Sorry, dude. I tried. I don't know what's up with him...

I offer my apologies, FWIW....
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for trying...I do appreciate that.  Does his shop have a phone number, or is it the same as the fax number?
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:49:13 AM EDT
[#16]
The only number I have is his home phone. I regret I'm not at liberty to post that...
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Chim, I wish I could help but I think I'm bowing out of the IDPA this weekend.
I will also likely have to work at the next one, so....
If this is still a problem in a month or so, let me know.  I know it probably sucks to have to wait that long, but I WILL be bringing this up when I see him again regardless of the outcome.  I don't even remember the guy's name or I'd try to help out more.  I only know his face, well that and the fact that he drives a black camaro with a giant badge on the hood, lmao.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top