Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 7:35:54 PM EDT
I got some fucking pigeons that need killing.  I bought a $40 daisy pellet gun from wal mart that is a piece of shit.  It wasn't feeding the pellets properly.  So I am returing it.

What is the best pellet gun for about $100.  Those RWS guns look pretty nice, but $260 is too much for an airgun.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get a Benjamin .177 at WalMart for $100 or so.  Powerful.  * pump capacity.  Mine is pretty accurate and 8 pumps puts a pointed Daisy pellet goes through a 3/8" plywood.  The trigger sux though.

I hear the Gamo guns are good.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Benjamin/Sheridan. I've got an older Sheridan .20 that will go through squirrels at 10 pumps.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
check out my add in the EE. i've got a feinwerkbau 602 i'll sell ya. it's a steal at $800. it has put 10 shots through the same hole at 10 meters(off a rest). an unfired pellet will not fall through the hole. might be a little pricey for squab hunting though
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#5]
LMAO

$800, for a pellet gun

Sorry man, for that kinda money I am getting a SW 629 or Kahr PM9.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#6]
A little above your price range, but try this:

[url]http://www.precision-sales.com/specials/special.htm[/url]

Also look on the Beeman Website and look at their used gun list--usually have a few good guns there.  [url]http://www.beeman.com/used.htm[/url]

The Benjamins are nice, but spring piston guns are pretty damn accurate and are easy to cock and fire (no pumping).

AFARR
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a Diana model 34, it seems to work for most of the varmints I have in the area.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:50:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I use a Diana model 34, it seems to work for most of the varmints I have in the area.
View Quote

Varmints [b]and[/b] feral chickens with my RWS/Diana 34.  I love it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#9]
go to compasseco.com.

check out the tech force 99 in .22-cal.lever-cocks(one time), and 900 fps @ $169.00. I've had one for 3-yrs. or so. NO COMPLAINTS!

you can also load pellets backwards into the breach. great expansion.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like you need some of my special creations.  Beeman Cro Magnums with the cavernous hollow point cavities filled with a primary explosive.  No, not priming compound.  What works?  Silver fulminate.  Lead azide.

Performance?  Impressive.  Head shots on most birds removes the head.  Squirrels are a different story but they still are knocked dead.  But of course launching these micro-grenades from a RWS 48 also helps.  Regular pellets are launched at 1100 FPS and are also VERY effective on most birds.

Now a .22 caliber model 48 with explosive pellets might be quite lethal on turkey.

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an $80 Chinese clone of a good side-cocking target .177 rifle.  The stock sights totally suck ass, but with a decent scope it's extremely accurate.

The Benjamin/Sheridan pump rifle is good but it requires multiple pumps.  A side-cocker is quicker on folowups.

Guns_N_Shizzle, have you considered using a 22 rifle with CB ammo (e.g. Aguila Super Colibris)?  They're quieter than a pellet and hit about as hard.  I think the Supers are rated at about 600 FPS.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#13]
The Benjamin/Sheridan pump rifle is good but it requires multiple pumps. A side-cocker is quicker on folowups.
View Quote

Some of us don't need followups.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have an $80 Chinese clone of a good side-cocking target .177 rifle.  The stock sights totally suck ass, but with a decent scope it's extremely accurate.

The Benjamin/Sheridan pump rifle is good but it requires multiple pumps.  A side-cocker is quicker on folowups.

Guns_N_Shizzle, have you considered using a 22 rifle with CB ammo (e.g. Aguila Super Colibris)?  They're quieter than a pellet and hit about as hard.  I think the Supers are rated at about 600 FPS.
View Quote

Yes I have.  But I live in Phoenix and cant discharge a firearm in the city limits.  Im not even sure how legal killing pigeons with a pellet gun is to be honest.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
A one cock per shot  gun is the way to go, pumping a gun is very time consuming.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#16]
This is the gun I am leaning towards

[url]http://www.bbgunsuperstore.com/hun220gamair.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I used to kill all kinds of birds with a crossman 760 as a kid. I could kill pigeons, but only with a head shot, no wing shots. Try to get something 900 fps +. Cabelas has some Gamos for about 160-180 bucks with a scope that go 1000 fps. Good luck with the flying rats.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#18]
a little OT, but depending onyour situtation you might consider useing colibre rounds if you have a .22 (and you probably do).

buying a box or 2 of colibres is a helluva lot cheaper than buying a pellet gun. velocity is alot lower, but they pack a bit more wallop with the larger heavier slug (more wallop than a cheapie that is). of course if your in town it would be illegal.

did i mention colibres fired from a rifle are practicly silent?

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Its a felony here in Arizona.  Plus I live in a crowded subdivison.  Ill have to be a little sneaky to even pop the suckers with a pellet gun and not get the cops called.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Why dont you feed them rice?  They get a belly full of rice and it expands and kills them.  Exploding pigeons might keep you up for a night or two.

Shok
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Normally I'd offer some choices, but I LIKE pigeons, dangit!  

Rather than shoot them, shoot the people who are feeding them...IN THE ASS.   When the food source goes away, the pigeons will go in search of more productive meal tickets and everybody's happy except the jackass with an ass full of pellets.

Individually, a pigeon is no messier than any other bird of the same size.   The problem is that there are usually a lot of pigeons together, of course.  But be assured, it'd be a lot worse if you were dealing with an equal size flock of virtually any species of birds, and especially it'd be bad if you were afflicted with parrots.  They're messier than pigeons and a hell of a lot noisier,  plus they have a set of bolt cutters on their faces and can give a hell of a bite.

CJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top