Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 4:49:12 PM EDT
I've read more than a few posts where some of you have hinted around at doing this so fess up, who did it?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/weird_news/6009835.htm

STANTON, Mich. - Jamie Muniz was relieved to see her cat, Debo, wander into her yard about a week after disappearing.

Her relief quickly gave way to horror and outrage when she took a closer look at her 8-year-old pet.

"He had two arrows right through his head," she said. "They stuck through about an inch right next to his eye and at least 3 1/2 inches out the back side of his ear. It almost looked like it was going diagonally through his head."

Despite Debo's predicament, Muniz said he was meowing and looking for his food when he returned to his home Friday in Stanton, about 37 miles northeast of Grand Rapids.

The surgery and other medical care needed to keep the cat alive cost "hundreds and hundreds of dollars," Muniz told The (Greenville) Daily News. She was stunned when someone offered to take care of it for free.

"We take in cats who aren't adoptable, mainly from rescue groups," said Roger Hodyka, co-founder of Cat Tail Farms Feline Sanctuary in Perry, a nonprofit feline-rescue organization.

He offered to pay for Debo to have the surgery at the Riverfront Animal Hospital in Lansing.

"They (the Muniz family) couldn't afford it and we said we couldn't afford it, but I didn't care," Hodyka said. "It's worth it. They can take my car away over it."

The Munizes dropped Debo off at his farm on Monday morning. Hodyka said Debo rubbed against him and ate some food.

"He acted like there was nothing wrong," he said.

The arrows were surgically removed that morning in a procedure that took about half an hour, he said. Debo ended up losing one of his eyes.

"We're waiting to see if there's swelling or a problem with the brain," Hodyka said.

If all goes well, the cat is expected to return home in a few days.

"I just can't believe he lived," Muniz said. "He's got nine lives, that's for sure."

Meanwhile, police were looking for whoever shot Debo.

"We talked to the chief of police in Stanton and certainly we would like to know who did this," Montcalm County Sheriff Bill Barnwell said.

The person responsible could be charged with malicious destruction of property, a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of more than $1,000, or animal cruelty, a felony punishable by up to four years in prison.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, I thought it was dead for sure!!

[devil]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You mean theres a law against killing cats? No shit?! Damn, I must be one wanted dead or alive mofo!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Steve Martin did it.

"co-founder of Cat [b]Tail[/b] Farms Feline Sanctuary"

Getcher cat tails.  Fresh hot cat tails.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Cat...the OTHER white meat!

Looking for your cat? Try looking under my tires!

This thread is probably going to turn into a flame-fest and get locked, soooo...let me be the first to say:

IBTL! [banana]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's this lady that thinks it is her cat but it is just one that looks like hers, the cat with the arrow between the eyes(good shot guys) is just another cat thats hungry and was born this way. My guess is it migrated from the east(lots of cats w/ defects from there)and made its way south in search of a sucker to take it in while contiuing its journey to the land of cats. (this is where all of you who left a cat end up).  I have a feeling that the cat that that lady lost has since had 16 owners who have all name it as follows:
Boots
Fluffy
Srappy
mittens
Lucky
Hilery
Misty
Kiwi
Milo
Max
Smokey
Blackie
Tiger
Midnight
Hairball
and now it name is:Spike

How do I know this?, I have seen 4 cats this week that fit this profile.

How can anyone say they own a cat? they are just like an old bum looking for a free handout.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Up towards Williamsburg last year there was a goose with the same problem. 1 aluminum shaft  arrow through the noggin, but not through anything important. They eventualyl caught the goose, revoced the arrow and let it go again...all was fine.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
poor kittie [:(]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Wonder if SgtAR15's been travelling recently...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Wasn't me, I gave up cat hunting after my dad caught me and nearly killed me. So much for the adventures of a 7 year old.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#10]
In Indiana farming counties, cats are the ONLY critters that you can shoot without permit, if found wandering outdoors.  Feral cats are worse than foxes and coyotes.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Not me. I don't shoot cats.

Juggle them, yes.

But shoot 'em? No.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In Indiana farming counties, cats are the ONLY critters that you can shoot without permit, if found wandering outdoors.  Feral cats are worse than foxes and coyotes.
View Quote

Got that right.  They incessantly hunt game birds, song birds, and other critters that belong outside.  I love indoor housecats.  I hate feral cats.

Feral cats = farm cats or housecats that are let outside.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Mutilation of animals ...sweet , another member of the Future Sociopaths of America....

A neighbor once shot my dog with a blowgun...

yes , there was retaliation.....

t
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Now that is a tough kitty. If I have two arrows sticking out of my head I believe that I would be down for the count.
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Shot a doe once with a broadhead sticking out just underneath her eye.  Looked like it had been there for several years.

Isn't torturing and killing innocent animals an early sign of serial killers?  Sickos.  What's the point or joy in killing something that isn't threatening and isn't sport?  I don't give a damn what feral cats kill off; we've done away with enough predators.  Bring back wolves; I've hit two deer in the last three years.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:45:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You mean theres a law against killing cats? No shit?!
View Quote

Killng them , NO! Leaving them alive and suffering, YES!

[b]Dead cats tell NO tales![/b] sheesh...

Learn it , Know it, Use it.....

Cats? Preheat oven to 425....[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top