Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 11:43:36 AM EDT
Want to put new speakers in the old 85 Dodge pickup, but was curious if anyone had any recommendations on speakers.  thanks a lot.

vmax84
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe visit the local BestBuy?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
[url=www.crutchfield.com]Crutchfield[/url]

Order a catalog.

Anything by Infinity should be a good start.

[url=http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-VicDMk3VOG6/ProdView.asp?s=0&cc=01&c=10&g=52300&I=1086953I++]Infinity Reference Series 6x9's[/url]

Personally, I would get a set of component speakers.....but that would blow your budget.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Kraco or possibly sparcomatic

The crackle and distortion they provide is just awsome.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[url=www.crutchfield.com]Crutchfield[/url]

Order a catalog.

Anything by Infinity should be a good start.

[url=http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-VicDMk3VOG6/ProdView.asp?s=0&cc=01&c=10&g=52300&I=1086953I++]Infinity Reference Series 6x9's[/url]

Personally, I would get a set of component speakers.....but that would blow your budget.

Ed
View Quote

Agreed - Crutchfield is about the best place to buy car speakers.  If you want to spend $100, I'd probably go with the Infinity's linked above - but I've never had any complaints with Blaupunkt speakers (a little cheaper).  I'm thinking for a 85 Dodge pickup, Blau's would be fine.
My .02,
CR
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Crutchfield is always at least 20% higher than my local Stereo Shop!

Go to a shop and listen to several brands with your music!

What sounds good with George Strait may not sound as good wit' Snoop Dogg!

The best sounding one's I found last time I bought some was Polk Audio's from Circuit City.
They were $69. there and $109. at Crutchfield.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#6]
DO NOT buy from Crutchfield.  Go to:

[url]http://www.millionbuy.com[/url]

Best price you will find anywhere.  Fast shipping.  I built my car stereo with them and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Jensen's are still the best speaker for us poor folk.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:34:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I think Jensen 3-way and Sony Xplod speakers are the best "cheap" speakers.  They're pretty clear and unless you have a high-distortion 200-watt amp or something hooked up, they won't break before the vehicle is worn out.

I agree about Crutchfield.  I go to their website to find out the specific speakers which will fit into the vehicle I'm doing, then I go to my local store and get the correct model MUCH cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:53:17 AM EDT
[#9]
My experience suggests that for reasonable longevity in an automotive environment, one should seek speakers with rubber surrounds (as opposed to foam).  Such speakers can usually be found for less than $100.

DrMark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top