Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 8:29:59 AM EDT
please inform me, this is what I can think of

Somalia, N Korea situation (let the inspectors work...)

Puts more power into the UN and finally the lack of funding and the cuts he made.

I hear people in the military complaining about clinton but I was just wondering the specific situation all I am aware of was somalia.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the book "Dereliction of Duty" by Lt. Col. Robert "Buzz" Patterson.  It's a pretty sordid story.

In the years following WWII up until Clinton, the U.S. military was involved in 8 foreign campaigns, Starting with Korea and ending with the first Gulf War.  During Clinton's 8 years the military was involved in 40-- count 'em, 40 --foreign interdictions, none with any clear military objective.  He drastically cut back the size of the army, navy, and air force.  In one instance he lost the code card that the president carries with the launch codes on them (not the football, that's carried by a military aide).  His staffers once tried to divert an entire carrier task force on patrol so that Clinton could have a photo-op.  The list goes on and on and on.  The man was both incompetent and failed to uphold his solemn oath, and was a prick of monumental proportions.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks,

what a damn moron.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Also check out "Treason" (I think by Bill Gertz) and "Year of the Rat."  Lot's of [b]documentation[/b] about his dealings with the Chinese.  One thing that demonstrates the credibility of these books (and others such as Ann Coulter's "High Crimes and Misdemeanors") is the TOTAL lack of rebuttal from Willie & Co.  They don't want to draw attention to such books, and there is too much documentation for them to be called libelous.

As for the original question: Just once, continuously for 8 years.

Edited to add: Just ask military retirees what they think of the health care system.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
You gotta hate Klinton!!!  Can't stand that bastard.  Just think what will happen if his B*tch of a wife actually became president????!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.alamo-girl.com/[/url]

Click on "Military Status"...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
His first action in office was to put gays in the military.
View Quote

Boy, do I remember that. Faggots staged a demonstration outside the gate of NS Mayport, blocking access to the base and getting into the faces of the sailors while dressed in ways that would get anyone else arrested for public indescency. Unbelievable.

There was preventive maintenance that wasn't done (and documented as such) because we didn't have the required expendables (oil, rags, filter ass'y). Corrective maintenance was done only to keep things running - we'd concentrate dollars to keep one of the two air or surface search radars running as we didn't have the money to keep both running well.
View Quote

Yep.

Supplies were transferred between deploying battlegroups. When one ship would return the one on the way out would get loaded up with them. This is normally done with the ammo (who wants a million metric tons of ammo in port) but also went to repair parts.
View Quote

Ye, again. I'll never forget not being able to get underway because there was no money alloted to buy fuel oil for the boilers.

We spent half a billion ($500,000,000) to up grade ships only to have them cut into razor blades - not mothballed - decommissioned and scraped. The USS Texas had just had her New Threat Upgrade (NTU) installed and the nuclear reactor changed when her crew got the word to scrap her. What a waste.
View Quote

My ship, USS DALE, got NTU during a six-month overhaul and was scrapped less than two years later. Nuclear submarines less than ten years old (brand new by Navy standards) were sent to the scrapyards. It was absolutely unbelievable to see....

It's one of the reasons I got out. I couldn't bear calling that assclown my CINC anymore. He just ruined what Reagan/Bush had built, and drove morale down into the scuppers.

Hell, I'll never forget being in the whole Haiti "operation" and returning from Puerto Rico to discover the fleet had up and vanished. They'd forgotten to get the word to the Argentine ship I was on that the operation was over. We got back to the oparea and started doing radio calls to an empty ocean. Two hours later a passing Navy tanker read us and told us the op was over. The look on the captain's face was indescribable...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#8]
In my 21 year career he was the only president who invoked that rule forbidding criticism of the CinC.  That says a lot right there.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#9]
how did clinton put the US under UN power.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In my 21 year career he was the only president who invoked that rule forbidding criticism of the CinC.  That says a lot right there.  
View Quote

ha-ha! i remember that day. it got so bad (or good) even the officers would have fun at that fucker's expense.  God only knows how much we (in the military) hated that son of a bitch.  

I'd like to thank Ms. Lewinsky for blowing and fucking (yes, fucking..) that asshole every once in a while to help keep his mind from screwing up the country even more than he did.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#11]
iraq, north korea, somalia, china, iran
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Remember Willie's visit to Germany when the Chancellor gave him a box of cigars?  What a hoot!  He didn't look like he appreciated the humor!

And how about a big SALUTE for General MacDonald, who got called on the carpet for referring to a "womanizing, draft-dodging, dope smoker" during a dining-in?  HOOAH!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't prove this as fact, but I've been told by a good source that Hitlery demanded that all Marine security personnel not wear dress blues for it is "intimidating looking" this coming from a woman(used loosly) that says she tried to join the Marine Corps when she was younger,Total bullshit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top