"Hold the pickles hold the lettuce
Special orders don't upset us...." [kill]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember hearing that jingle years ago, seems I am drawing a blank on which company used it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#6]
It was McDonald's answer to BK's "Have it your way" campaign.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#7]
bunch of idiots
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It was McDonald's answer to BK's "Have it your way" campaign.
View Quote

No...it [b]was[/b] BK's "have it Your Way" ad.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:43:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember hearing that jingle years ago, seems I am drawing a blank on which company used it.
View Quote

It's the opening verse to Burger Kings "Have it your way" jingle.

It continues..."all we ask it that you lets us serve it your way
Have it your way, have it your way
Have it your way at Burger King" and so on.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#10]
This is why I carry a gun.  

Brave mother fuckers, 4 people against 2, one with a gun.  If you even up the odds, will they be so brave?  Probably not.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

It was Burger King's jingle.  Way back in the 70's (yeah, I remember them all to well)  McDonalds had all of there burgers premade.  If you wanted something "special" then you had to wait for a fresh burger to be made (as opposed to having one that sat around in a warmer for god knows how long).
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#12]
The gun manufacturer should be sued immediately, obviously. It's all about the gun.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I didn't know they put Burger King® restraunts in trailer parks.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#14]
They don't have trailer parks in "the hood".
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#15]
WTF is wrong with people, its a pathetic mindset/culture that allows somebody to do this and think they are going to get away with it. Were the attackers thinking they would not be reported. If somebody pulled up on me and my GF and tried something like this...there would be F'ing bodies.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Just look at the names of the playas

Chiquita
Shaquenta

Nuff said!

For fucks sake, why don't these people have to have a license before they are allowed to name their children!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#17]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#18]
fuck burger king...
does anyone actually eat there anymore?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#19]
thats one reason why I stopped eating at fast
food joints, besides the food being un-healthy
and fattening, the quality of the workers at most Burger king or other burger joint is very
low quality. I rather make my own burgers at
home.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The gun manufacturer should be sued immediately, obviously. It's all about the gun.
View Quote

This statement is proof positive of people placing blame on the wrong things in this country! Someone blaming a gun again instead of the root cause of this incident. The rancher that raised the cow that was used for the hamburger should be sued. And a ban placed on the sale of whoppers with evil features that will be determined by a well-regulated US government regulatory agency. Also a high tax placed on the remaining fries and shakes will greatly reduce these types of incidents in the future. Oh yea and give away free goodies to the underprivileged to boost their self-esteem. Problem solved because it made me feel good and sounds more or less modern![;)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:25:18 AM EDT
[#21]
How 'bout this looney-tune who followed a family to their home? Admittedly, it was more on the order of a high school prank, but it could've escalated easily.

[url]http://adserver.trb.com/html.ng/site=latimes&content=realestate&channel=popups&adtype=popwindow&adplacement=9[/url]

[b]These Are Side Dishes the Family Didn't Order[/b]

[i]A waiter in a tiff with customers is nabbed after their Corona home is vandalized with food.[/i]

By Kristina Sauerwein, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

The Sizzler restaurant in Norco doesn't usually deliver. And it's pretty good about substitutions.

But police allege that one of its waiters followed four customers home to Corona after an argument over swapping vegetables for potatoes. He is accused of delivering an unexpected order early Saturday: eggs smashed on the house, maple syrup dribbled over the hedges, and a sprinkling of powdered sugar, flour and instant mashed potato flakes on the lawn.

The "midnight special" landed waiter Jonathan Voeltner and two alleged accomplices in custody briefly on suspicion of misdemeanor vandalism. The Keller family spent the weekend cleaning up.

Darlene Keller was dining Friday at the restaurant with her husband, their two children, ages 7 and 9, and her mother and father. Keller, 40, a Corona schools cafeteria employee, said the trouble started when she asked for broccoli and cauliflower to accompany her steak dinner.

"We don't have any vegetables," the 20-year-old Voeltner snapped, according to the Kellers. "I can bring you a baked potato or French fries."

Darlene's husband, Wayne, insisted that the waiter bring his wife vegetables. She is avoiding carbohydrates for dietary reasons, he said, and the restaurant has a salad bar with broccoli and cauliflower.

Voeltner left in a huff and returned with a skimpy salad, said Wayne Keller, a 37-year-old Corona salesman.

"He practically threw the tiny plate [of salad] on the table; it even bounced," Wayne Keller said Monday. "Then he told my wife to go get her own salad dressing."

They called for the manager, who apologized for the waiter's behavior and cooked Darlene Keller a big plate of broccoli and cauliflower. The Kellers thought the rest of dinner went fine. Voeltner even stopped by during the meal to see if the family needed anything else.

"He didn't mention potatoes," Wayne Keller said. "There was no screaming or yelling." The family paid the $29.89 bill and "my in-laws left a tip. We had no clue anything was wrong."

Once home, the family was asleep by 11:15 p.m., Wayne Keller said.

But the vegetable dispute was still simmering inside Voeltner, Corona police said, and he asked his girlfriend, 17, to follow the couple to learn where they live. Hours later, according to police, the waiter and his girlfriend bought syrup, eggs, flour, toilet paper and other items at a supermarket.

Then, police allege, Voeltner, his girlfriend and his 17-year-old brother -- the minors were not named because of their ages -- went to the Kellers' one-story bungalow and unrolled toilet paper onto a pine tree and smashed eggs on the home's brown exterior. Eggs also were crushed on the Kellers' mailbox, inside and out. It was covered in syrup and sealed with duct tape, the family said, and the other food items were tossed about.

Corona Police Officer John Samano said the trio rang the Kellers' doorbell six times and hid in a car and behind a bush to watch. Wayne Keller said he looked through the window and spotted a white SUV with its brake lights on. After noticing toilet paper streamers and other "weird" stuff covering his property, he said, he called police.

Within minutes, the police arrested Voeltner and the two juveniles -- who were still in front of the house -- on suspicion of misdemeanor vandalism.

"They probably weren't thinking," Samano said of the trio's alleged decision to wait around and watch.

Darlene Keller said she recognized Voeltner immediately and told police, "Oh my God, it's the waiter from Sizzler."

The Kellers also said they recognized the girl as someone who had been sitting in a Sizzler booth near them. "At one point, the waiter whispered something to her," Wayne Keller said.

Voeltner and the others were released on their own recognizance pending a court appearance. He could not be reached for comment Monday.

The staff at the Norco Sizzler feels terrible about what happened, said Susan Hernandez, spokeswoman for the Sherman Oaks-based chain. "This type of behavior is not tolerated at Sizzler," she said. "We pride ourselves on good service."

Voeltner was suspended without pay, Hernandez said, pending a Sizzler investigation.

Wayne Keller said his family remained "freaked out" Monday. His children cry and are afraid to go to sleep. A frontyard memorial to his late father -- made of driftwood, a U.S. flag and ceramic squirrels -- was destroyed during the vandalism, he said.

"I still don't understand," he said. "All my wife wanted was vegetables."

Although the Kellers praised the restaurant manager, they said they will not return to any of the chain's restaurants.

"That night pretty much did it," Wayne Keller said.

[i]Times staff writer Hilda Muñoz contributed to this report.[/i]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#22]
WTF....

The waiter followed them home, what a fucking nut ball.  Its just a plate of vegetables for god sake, what is the problem.

Oh and by the way, a "sizzler" investigation, is this a joke?

It has gone from spitting in the food to attacking someone or their home?  Fuck eating at these "restaurants".
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just look at the names of the playas

Chiquita
Shaquenta

View Quote

Chiquita, as in the fucking banana?

What the hell is a Shaquenta?  

Maybe the mother wanted to have some way of remembering whose fathers was whose?
Looks like Chiquita was fathered by Charles and Shaquenta was fathered by Shawn, the rest was just added for some bling-bling.

Yeah I guess when you are a crack whore, you will do anything to remember which of the local trash knocked you up so you can go after them for child support.  Of course the lazy fucks don't have any money, but you can always get those food stamps and cash them in for 40's, chicken wings and "kools".
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They don't have trailer parks in "the hood".
View Quote

You have obviously never been to Texas.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#25]
There was a girl that went to my high school named Chevette. I used to make fun of her by asking if her parents got her name from the car she was conceived in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top