Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 6:49:38 PM EDT
Hello;

Prior to last 4th of July, I bought some East German parachute flares at a gunshow. There were spectacular!

I'd like to find another source before the upcoming 4th of July. I'd like to get some 1000ft+ red or if possible, magnesium parachute flares. Anyone know of a source?

[i]Disclaimer[/i]
I promise to discharge them only in an unpopulated area, and not hold anyone responsible for accidents.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
try www.actiongear.com (I think brigade quartermaster)
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks mpearcex for the link.

No joy there.

Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Try a ship's chandlery.

We just replaced a dozen a couple of months ago.

Before you ask, the Port Captain took the outdated ones away with him and gave us a lecture about how dangerous they are yada yada yada.

This means that he took them home to his own kids for their 4th.

BTW, we're talking some VERY serious pop flares here.

If you get ahold of any, do NOT under any circumstances pop 'em off within about 25-30 miles of any navigable body of water, especially the red ones.

The Coast Guard goes totally ape-shit over false Mayday signals, and with GOOD reason.

It really is NOT funny.

Good luck, happy 4th.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top