Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 4:35:01 PM EDT
I am contemplating getting the SDS FLC (MOLLE II) to compliment my MOLLE II Patrol Pack and AR mag pouches, but damn $86 + shipping.  Anyway, what kinds of vests do you guys use?  SOmeone mentioned on a forum that the FLC (MOLLE II) was too big for someone 5'9" and that's how tall I am (165 lbs.).  Any comments?  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I am currently using a MOLLE II FLC. I think that the MOLLE I vests were a bit more adjustable and comfortable. Ours are free surplus, so cost wasn't really an issue, and either MOLLE vest beats the heck out of LC-2 suspenders and pistol belt in my book. Our SOP is to wear a stripped down LBV or LBE under heavy tactical armor, only using pouches on the belt, for the most part, since you can't get to the ones under the armor. If you delete the suspenders or the LBV, the belt has a tendency to fall.

We are in the process of getting MOLLE pocket compatible armor. I am seriously entertaining not wearing LBE or LBV at all when we get the new armor, putting the appropriate pouches on the armor (a radio, double bang, triple pistol mag, OC, handcuff and a couple of double rifle mag), and then just strapping the 6004 onto my trouser belt. I'll retain the LBV in my load-out bag for scouting.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top