Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/5/2003 6:34:46 PM EDT
Every day Saddam remains in power with chemical weapons, biological weapons, and the development of nuclear weapons is a day of danger for the United States.

Sen. Joseph Lieberman, D-CT, September 4, 2002

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.

Dick Cheney August 26, 2002

If we wait for the danger to become clear, it could be too late.

Sen. Joseph Biden D-Del., September 4, 2002

Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.

George W. Bush September 12, 2002

If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.

Ari Fleischer December 2, 2002

We know for a fact that there are weapons there.

Ari Fleischer January 9, 2003

Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent.

George W. Bush January 28, 2003

We know that Saddam Hussein is determined to keep his weapons of mass destruction, is determined to make more.

Colin Powell February 5, 2003

Iraq both poses a continuing threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region and remains in material and unacceptable breach of its international obligations by, among other things, continuing to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons capability, actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability, and supporting and harboring terrorist organizations.

Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, February 5, 2003

We have sources that tell us that Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons -- the very weapons the dictator tells us he does not have.

George Bush February 8, 2003

So has the strategic decision been made to disarm Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction by the leadership in Baghdad? I think our judgment has to be clearly not.

Colin Powell March 8, 2003

Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever devised.

George Bush March 18, 2003

We are asked to accept Saddam decided to destroy those weapons. I say that such a claim is palpably absurd.

Tony Blair, Prime Minister 18 March, 2003

Well, there is no question that we have evidence and information that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical particularly . . . all this will be made clear in the course of the operation, for whatever duration it takes.

Ari Fleisher March 21, 2003

There is no doubt that the regime of Saddam Hussein possesses weapons of mass destruction. As this operation continues, those weapons will be identified, found, along with the people who have produced them and who guard them.

Gen. Tommy Franks March 22, 2003

I have no doubt we're going to find big stores of weapons of mass destruction.

Kenneth Adelman, Defense Policy Board , March 23, 2003

One of our top objectives is to find and destroy the WMD. There are a number of sites.

Pentagon Spokeswoman Victoria Clark March 22, 2003

We know where they are. They are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad.

Donald Rumsfeld March 30, 2003

Saddam's removal is necessary to eradicate the threat from his weapons of mass destruction

Jack Straw,
Foreign Secretary 2 April, 2003

Obviously the administration intends to publicize all the weapons of mass destruction U.S. forces find -- and there will be plenty.

Neocon scholar Robert Kagan April 9, 2003

I think you have always heard, and you continue to hear from officials, a measure of high confidence that, indeed, the weapons of mass destruction will be found.

Ari Fleischer April 10, 2003

We are learning more as we interrogate or have discussions with Iraqi scientists and people within the Iraqi structure, that perhaps he destroyed some, perhaps he dispersed some. And so we will find them.

George Bush April 24, 2003

Before people crow about the absence of weapons of mass destruction, I suggest they wait a bit.

Tony Blair 28 April, 2003

There are people who in large measure have information that we need . . . so that we can track down the weapons of mass destruction in that country. Donald Rumsfeld April 25, 2003

We'll find them. It'll be a matter of time to do so.

George Bush May 3, 2003

I am confident that we will find evidence that makes it clear he had weapons of mass destruction.

Colin Powell May 4, 2003

I never believed that we'd just tumble over weapons of mass destruction in that country.

Donald Rumsfeld May 4, 2003

I'm not surprised if we begin to uncover the weapons program of Saddam Hussein -- because he had a weapons program.

George W. Bush May 6, 2003

U.S. officials never expected that "we were going to open garages and find" weapons of mass destruction.

Condoleeza Rice May 12, 2003

I just don't know whether it was all destroyed years ago -- I mean, there's no question that there were chemical weapons years ago -- whether they were destroyed right before the war, (or) whether they're still hidden.

Maj. Gen. David Petraeus,
Commander 101st Airborne May 13, 2003

Before the war, there's no doubt in my mind that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, biological and chemical. I expected them to be found. I still expect them to be found.

Gen. Michael Hagee,
Commandant of the Marine Corps May 21, 2003

Given time, given the number of prisoners now that we're interrogating, I'm confident that we're going to find weapons of mass destruction.

Gen. Richard Myers,
Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff May 26, 2003

They may have had time to destroy them, and I don't know the answer.

Donald Rumsfeld May 27, 2003

For bureaucratic reasons, we settled on one issue, weapons of mass destruction (as justification for invading Iraq) because it was the one reason everyone could agree on.

Paul Wolfowitz May 28, 2003

[url=http://www.counterpunch.com/wmd05292003.html]source[/url]

If this all wasn't so sickening, it might be comical.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm reminded of a song.....Patience
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Even high ranking military officers are saying that they may have had bad intell, and that there may not be any WMD there, it's ok [b]the oil is[/b]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Imbroglio?  Is that you?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
What happened to all of those dead men, women, and childrens Kurds and Iranians soldiers? Did they died from laughing and fright? If WMD didn't kill all of those Kurds and Iranians, then what killed them?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What happened to all of those dead men, women, and childrens Kurds and Iranians soldiers? Did they died from laughing and fright? If WMD didn't kill all of those Kurds and Iranians, then what killed them?
View Quote
Saddam had them, he used them , he got rid of them as he was ordered to by the U.N., it that to hard for you to comprehend. As far as Saddam killing other Iraqis, frankly I don't care, they are not worth 1  American soldier, if the war  had any merit it was to prevent future terrorist attacks, but that was not what the American people were told, maybe you don't care if you government lies to you, I do.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please don't give me that BS. Sadaam was our boy when he was gassing those people. The fact is, we were lied to. This entire war is being waged on false pretenses.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Ladies and gentlemen, meet our newest troll, ARgue.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's cold. [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's cold. [chainsawkill]
View Quote

But it's true. And that's my defense.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Has Robert Byrd become an ar15.com member?

As Sec. Rumsfeld said today, "We haven't found Saddam yet and no one is running around claiming he never existed."
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As Sec. Rumsfeld said today, "We haven't found Saddam yet and no one is running around claiming he never existed."
View Quote

Damn that's a good line. Does anyone know rumsfeld's position on guns? He may be the guy for president in 2008!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn that's a good line. Does anyone know rumsfeld's position on guns? He may be the guy for president in 2008!
View Quote

He is pro 2nd Ammendment.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#13]
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Facing growing criticism and calls for congressional hearings about his administration's pre-war assertions on the threat posed by Iraq, U.S. President George W. Bush vowed Thursday to "reveal the truth" about what he has described as former leader Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction.
View Quote

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/06/05/sprj.irq.wmd.controversy/index.html[/url]

What I see is a lot of political manuevering going on backstage.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Please don't give me that BS. Sadaam was our boy when he was gassing those people. The fact is, we were lied to. This entire war is being waged on false pretenses.
View Quote

Funny. Maybe it's just me, but I never got the impression that WMD were the sole reason, nor even the primary reason, we were going in there. Heck, anyone who bought that line was an idiot who has no clue about political strategy whatsoever. If you believed you were lied to, and that this war was 'being waged on false pretenses', then you've probably had your head in a sack for the last few years. It doesn't take a MENSA card and a Ph.D from Harvard to see things.

The Bush admin wanted to knock off Saddamn for a bunch of reasons. They simply pushed the one the people would want to hear. Hell, I'm happy enough that somebody finished the job those spineless dicks in the UN didn't allow in the first place, and doubly happy we took down ANOTHER regime supporting and funding terrorism.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#15]
What I see is a lot of people in denial. I see that there are some that are scared to admit that this entire war is based on a fallacy because of what that admission would mean.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#16]
...And then there are those that don't care that we are being lied to. They don't mind sending our troops to kill and be killed for "political stragegy" and a "bunch of reasons."
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Uh, Erm.....ARgue, hate to tell you this, but the DU village emailed and said you were missing.  They were politely advised of your status.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#18]
"You can't handle the truth!"

[img]http://cinemaniacs.virtualave.net/hundred/fewgood1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
...And then there are those that don't care that we are being lied to. They don't mind sending our troops to kill and be killed for "political stragegy" and a "bunch of reasons."
View Quote

I hate to break the news to you, but most of the wars thet we fight are for "political stragey" and "a bunch of reasons".

The vast majority of Americans were against WW I and WWII, The Bananna Wars, an on and on.

Hell, the War for Independence wasn't a popular war with alot of the people, but the Founding Fathers bucked the system and founded this country.

As far as being lied to by the government, that has been going on longer than anyone here has been alive.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:57:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey ARgue, how many AR15.com user names have you had so far? Is this your second? Your third? Your fourth?
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:04:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Saddam HIMSELF was a weapon of mass destruction.

disagree??

Ask the families of the hundreds and thousands of bodies they found. Im sure they will kinda disagree with you.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:25:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Where's the BEEF?

Maybe at one of the over 600 potential WMD sites that haven't been inspected yet. [rolleyes]
View Quote
Oh brother, they were so dangerous we had to send in troops, but now we ain't got the time to check sites. Come on.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#24]
...and we haven't found Saddam.

I bet he never really existed, either.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:39:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone who claims to TRULY believe that Saddam never had WMDs is a liar with an agenda.
(or pretty damned ignorant)
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:39:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Mobile labs aren't evidence enough?

Be that as it may, who gives a shit whether or not there ever were any WMDs.

The guy was a bonafide asshole, murderous dictator who disregarded human life, rights, freedom, and free market economy. He permitted extremist groups to exist and train within his borders, and he has repeatedly shown his willingness to threaten his neighbors - weakening the stability of the region as a whole.

What more reason do you need?

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:45:40 AM EDT
[#28]
ARgue

please dont come here preaching your liberal bullshit.  tell me, what is the purpose of your post but to troll?  i have a few more choice words for you and your ilk, but i usually save that for face to face meetings. go away and take your stench with you please.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#29]
and quit inspiring other trolls like Cyanide, who hasn't had one original idea since he came on board.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Add up all the bodies from all of the mass graves that have been found filled with the bodies of innocent civilians.  There's your WMD.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
and quit inspiring other trolls like Cyanide, who hasn't had one original idea since he came on board.
View Quote
Your in denial.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Come on now, who's going to admit it?
Who here TRULY believes that Saddam never had any WMDs?

(after you admit this, check on of the below boxes)

Check one:

( ) I claim to TRULY believe that Saddam never had WMDs because I am a liar with an agenda.

( ) I claim to TRULY believe that Saddam never had WMDs because I'm not smart, and can't think too good.

( ) I claim to TRULY believe that Saddam never had WMDs because that's what all my liberal and Bush-hater friends say, and I want to be cool like them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:05:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Your in denial.  
View Quote

Just because he's in denial does not make it an inaccurate statement.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Well if he thinks I am a troll, he is wrong, I just disagree with some of the die hard, follow the party line types here. I do agree with most things said here, but I am not a sheeple. And on this issue you guys know, the WMD thing was a big bs line, I was not against the war, it was needed, I am against the false reasons given to do it, why, if they do it once and get away with it, it is easy to do again and again. Who really gives a shit about some Iraq who would kill a American in a heart beat for whatever dumb Islamic reason he has, who really cares , now as for Saddam allowing terrorists to train, and cause trouble outside his country with us and other nations, ok, burn him for it, is that so hard to admit to.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:20:37 AM EDT
[#35]
So are you actually claiming membership in  the "I TRULY believe that Saddam never had WMDs" Club?

If so, please fill out the appropriate form.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:40:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Come on folks! (cyanide, you too)

Who is actually going to admit that they TRULY believe that Saddam never had WMDs?

Because if you do, you've a few questions to answer.
C'mon now, step up.  
Don't be afraid.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:57:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Cyanide,

Nope, I don't know that the "WMD was a big BS line", as you so eloquently pointed out.  But you seem so sure of it.  What are your sources please?
The liberal newspapers and liberal TV??

FACTS point to their existence. Saddam used them for pete's sake!  When are you clowns going to wake up to the truth?  You brand us as sheeple because we side with the truth?  You are one as well, just on  the wrong side.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:57:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Your in denial.  
View Quote

You are a moron when it comes to proper use of contractions and possessives.  How can anyone expect you to understand the history of this conflict?

We have been at war with raq since 1991, our basing of troops in Saudi Arabia and imposing of "no-fly" zones isn't a "peace-keeping measure".  

Did you know the original UNSCOM inspectors were compromised by the French?  Daily inspection sites were leaked to the Iraqis by the French and subsequent inspections found nothing because the Iraqis had been tipped off!!!

This got so bad the UNSCOM inspectors created phony lists as a red herring approach but the French eventually circumvented this.  When new measures were taken to prevent the leakage of intel, the Iraquis accused the US CIA of spying and in 1998, the inspectors were kicked out.

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#39]
No one is ever willing to come out and admit it.
These are serious charges.  Why not come out and make them?
They rely on innuendo and suggestion, instead.
It's dishonest.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#40]
For years, he shot at our planes in the no fly zone...thats enought for me!!!

U mess w/ the bull you get the horns, he got the horns..

Good day!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Your in denial.  
View Quote

You are a moron when it comes to proper use of contractions and possessives.  How can anyone expect you to understand the history of this conflict?

We have been at war with raq since 1991, our basing of troops in Saudi Arabia and imposing of "no-fly" zones isn't a "peace-keeping measure".  

Did you know the original UNSCOM inspectors were compromised by the French?  Daily inspection sites were leaked to the Iraqis by the French and subsequent inspections found nothing because the Iraqis had been tipped off!!!

This got so bad the UNSCOM inspectors created phony lists as a red herring approach but the French eventually circumvented this.  When new measures were taken to prevent the leakage of intel, the Iraquis accused the US CIA of spying and in 1998, the inspectors were kicked out.

View Quote
Let's be gentleman here, please no name calling.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#42]
From Webster's:
Main Entry: mo·ron
Pronunciation: 'mOr-"än, 'mor-
Function: noun
Etymology: irregular from Greek mOros foolish, stupid
Date: 1910
1 : a mentally retarded person who has a potential mental age of between 8 and 12 years and is capable of doing routine work under supervision
2 : a very stupid person
View Quote

It fits.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#43]
whatever
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#44]
I thnk it's a pretty reasonable question, actually.  Questioning our government is still OK, isn't it?

No one is saying there NEVER have been WMDs- that's pretty obvious.

But most agree that the pretext for this war was the presence and possibly imminent use of WMDs.  

So where are they?  I haven't heard of any evidence being found for the presence of WMDs currently in Iraq.

What if they are never found?  Does that change anything?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I thnk it's a pretty reasonable question, actually.  Questioning our government is still OK, isn't it?

But most agree that the pretext for this war was the presence and possibly imminent use of WMDs.  

So where are they?  I haven't heard of any evidence being found for the presence of WMDs currently in Iraq.

View Quote

Never found?  http://www.fas.org/irp/cia/product/iraqi_mobile_plants/index.html

Never had?
http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/iraq/cw/unscom.htm

Are you looking to be next in line (after Cyanide)to be declared a moron?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#47]
I guess the moron crowd has already left for the bars..

No one debating the Federation of American Scientists?

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Never found?  http://www.fas.org/irp/cia/product/iraqi_mobile_plants/index.html

Never had?

Are you looking to be next in line (after Cyanide)to be declared a moron?
View Quote

First, if you're going to be rude, fuggedaboutit.

Second, the CIA's own analysis is incredibly weak:

Coalition forces have uncovered the strongest evidence to date that Iraq was hiding a biological warfare program.

Kurdish forces in late April 2003 took into custody a specialized tractor-trailer near Mosul and subsequently turned it over to US military control.

The US military discovered a second mobile facility equipped to produce BW agent in early May at the al-Kindi Research, Testing, Development, and Engineering facility in Mosul.  Although this second trailer appears to have been looted, the remaining equipment, including the fermentor, is in a configuration similar to the first plant.

US forces in late April also discovered a mobile laboratory truck in Baghdad.  The truck is a toxicology laboratory from the 1980s that could be used to support BW or legitimate research.
View Quote

[url]http://www.fas.org/irp/cia/product/iraqi_mobile_plants/index.html[/url]

The "strongest evidence to date" is one *complete* trailer and one *looted* trailer that was "possibly" used in BW research or production, and a 20 year old mobile labratory?

Wow.  I'm overwhelmed.  [rolleyes]

Third, that FAS UNSCOM report is from *5 years* ago.  

Maintained by Webmaster
Updated Monday, November 02, 1998 9:36:21 AM
View Quote

*This* moron wants evidence that's a little more recent and a little more compelling.  

If that satisfies *you*, well...

Fourth, my last question was rhetorical, doncha know!  Care to venture an answer?  

View Quote

What if...?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I see that no one's answered the question(s) DScott has posed.

Quoted:
View Quote

Haha.. You and others like you wouldn't recognize an "original idea" if it walked up and kicked you square in your ass.

The problem is, you're so short sighted you think the only source for ideas are the DU or FOXNews, neither of which are original. Think for yourself. The media & gov are NOT your friend.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#50]

Little doubt in my mind he used them against, the Kurds, the Iranians, HIS BEST TROOPS in the Iran/Iraq war. Like smokes in the old Army, 'smoke if you got em...'He had apack, he wa smokin em....

The neo Libs/Bush haters seem to wanna say, 'Neener neener you aint found em, the war was about'.....BLANK...

Ok, fine. We will move them to the back burner, call us liars now, when we find them you can [i]FRENCH[/i] kiss my ass at Times Square till you draw a crowd.

Until then I will deal with your BLANK...

Blank- The war was about oil....You drive a fuckin car dontcha? Your home is warm aint it? We as American are crackheads for oil. PCLiberalfaggotdoubletalkbs prohibits saying it BUT, 'if' it was about oil, we got it, so we, America WON! If you wanna be a righteous loser, get the hell out.

Blank- Sticking our nose in where it didnt belong...We had 3000 people die in our country. Ours and others under our watch who were civilians and murdered in cold blood. Saddam financially supported the terrorists by sponsoring/funding the families of the 'martyrs', even posthumus still is financial support.

Blank-America being the policeman of the world...Again, you got us. We pay the bills, we call the tunes. You cant hack it? Find another country (China or Fag-rance spring to mind)where you are free to be happy, as we would hate to hold you back.

I will be calling on the Frog kiss in Times Square, not if, but WHEN we find MORE WMD bs....

BTW, how much do we have to find b4 you [s]communists[/s][s]pinkos[/s][s]subversives[/s][s]libs[/s] fine americans will stfu??

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top