Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/1/2003 8:20:49 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm kinda new here, but not to the EBRs. I do alot of hunting ( deer, turkey, elk, you name it I hunt it). My favorite form of hunting is calling the animals within range. To those that have tried it, you know how challenging that can be.
About 18 months ago I dicided to make a video on the type of hunting I enjoy the most. PREDATORS. I have been hunting predators for over 20 years. In the video I will share many tips, and tactics learned through the years. My rifle of choice for hunting predators is the AR 15. I think you guys will really enjoy the video. Lots of Action (27 kills).
For more info on me and my video I have some ads in the Equip. Excchange forum (under "Access. & Misc. & under "Everything Else"). Look for new predator video. Its available in VHS and DVD format.
Thanks,
Byron South
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#1]
ibtl
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ibtl
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]Lots of Action (27 kills).[/b]
IBTL
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#4]
sure, why not.................IBTL
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#5]
ibtl
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#6]
What is IBTL.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#8]
[size=6][green]In before the--->[/green][/size=6][img]http://www.masterlock.com/images/color_img/911.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
EDIT- He does have the approval from Staff
View Quote

oops

sorry
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I got prior aproval, (Kevin and Juan) they said I could introduce myself, and my product in some of the discution forums, and direct them to my E.E. ads. I'm sorry if I did something out of line. new to the internet. Just doing as advised.
Thanks
Byron
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:19:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Well in that case, HOWDY!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Shoooosh, that was close, brand new here, and almost got the axe. Thanks for getting it straighted out so fast. I was't sure what was going on. I type with two fingers, so by the time I got back it was all stightened out. That was quick. Thanks.
I think you guys will really enjoy the video. We use almost exclusively the AR 15. Lots of action.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:41:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm still going with the IBTL
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm still going with the IBTL
View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Why all of this "IBTL" bullshit on this subject? Is everyone ignorant to varmint hunting? Calling coyotes, bobcats, foxes, etc. is perfectly legal in most places. Even if [b]cttc1[/b] isn't an "industry partner," SFW???? It's just another legal activity for which an AR15-type rifle is particularly suited. Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice to meet ya Byron

Good luck with the DVD.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#21]
[size=6][green][s]In before the[/s]--->[/green][/size=6][img]http://www.masterlock.com/images/color_img/911.jpg[/img][:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Welcome!

I checked out your videos but could not view them- it said "unable to download appropriate compressor", so what codec is it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#24]
 Hi Byron,

Welcome to the board.  It was nice meeting you, your brother and lady at the Hun Farm in April.

mm
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Yes, that was my wife, and I at the Hun farm. Had a great time.I fact alot of the footage on my video was shot wthin 30 or 40 miles of there.
I understand alot of you guys don't hunt,and thats fine with me, as long as I don't get lectured on why I shouldn't. There is alot of killin in my video. If you don't agree with killin varmits I'm not here to change your mind.
Thanks
Byron
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:55:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I got prior aproval, (Kevin and Juan) they said I could introduce myself, and my product in some of the discution forums, and direct them to my E.E. ads. I'm sorry if I did something out of line. new to the internet. Just doing as advised.
Thanks
Byron
View Quote

Hey Bryon, you got off light. Normally by now someone would have shown up and pointed out dealer cost on these is about $4.95 and that you can buy them at Wal Mart, etc. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#28]
That 7mm knocked that coyote for a loop!
[sniper2]
556mm
[sniper2]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks
If you liked the clips you'll love the video.
How many of you guys hunt. Never been around as many "gun nuts" that don't hunt. Mater of fact I can't think of anybody I know of that has guns, and don't hunt. Except for the ranchers, and they carry a rifle in the truck for coyotes.
What do ya'll do with your ARs?
Thanks again.
Byron
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#30]
What is IBTL?

What is EBR?

What is AR15?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:23:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for the welcome.
My video is about half Eastern hunts, in terrain much like Kentucky. I go a little more into the "how to" aspect in my video than Randy. Had some great reviews from all over. Think ya'll will really like it. Hunting the hunters is the ultimate challenge. Their senses are the keenest on the planet. It can get frustrating, but hang in there. There is nothing like predator hunting to sharpen your woodsmanship skills.

Good Huntin
Byron
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#34]
holy crap, I've never hunted and seeing that coyotes tail twitching was enough to ensure I never will.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Thesacrafice,
Sorry, don't want to turn you off hunting. What did you think you were gonna see when you went to those clips? I don't want to turn you guys off but, if you have a problem seeing animals getting shot DON'T GO TO MY WEB SITE.
I didn't think I'd have to explain what hunting is like here. I take every effort to make clean and humane kills, that's why I practice a lot. If it make you feel better, he was dead before he quit tumbling.

I sincerely apologize if I've offended anyone.

Byron
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey cttc1,
Nice having you here. I don't hunt anymore but use to thin the coyote population when I was younger.

Quoted:
What is IBTL?

What is EBR?

What is AR15?
View Quote

BTW you missed one:

I'd hit it.

ED
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the support I was beginning to feel like the ugly girl at the dance.
It's funny to me how quick some people are so quick to condemn something they don't understand. Kinda reminds me of them people that want to take our guns. I ain't here to change no ones mind. If you don't like to hunt, that's fine with me. I figured I'd get some ridicule for the video and that's O K. I've got a thick skin and a clear conscience.

By the way I still have a video for sale.

Good Hunting
Byron
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:55:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#40]
 I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet...  I do remember seeing Byron's video at the Hun Farm in April.  

IIRC  Most of the shots he takes are with an AR.  Not an all out varmint rig, but a heavy barreled model.

mm
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I was at my friends ranch in South Texas and attempted coyote hunting. I had a raspy caller and blew on that thing till I was blue in the face. I sat there forever. Next time, I'm gonna buy one of those electronic calls then sit off to the side and drink beer and hope something come out into the clearing.

I have seen some predators videos. I feel kinda bad when I see the yotes and cats get shot. But that's just hunting. I do love to blast the hell out of hogs, but have yet to ever get a a clean shot at a yote any cats.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks guys
the premise of my video is not just to watch a bunch of coyotes get shot, although if you like that stuff there's lot of it in it. It's an instructional video designed to help those wanting to learn about calling predators. I think you guys will enjoy it. if you got a queasy stomach don't get it. I did it in a tasteful way I believe. They do get shot on film but their no guts flying or gory stuff. Hell, my 7 year old daughter is in on one hunt, called a coyote within 3 yards of us. As mm38 mentioned the AR15 is used extensively.

Thanks and Good Hunting

Byron
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Mater of fact I can't think of anybody I know of that has guns, and don't hunt. Except for the ranchers, and they carry a rifle in the truck for coyotes.
What do ya'll do with your ARs?
View Quote

I don't hunt because I don't need to hunt to eat. Killing an animal for sustenance or protection is a task. I am not a vegetarian. I eat meat. I am by no means opposed to hunting, but I don't view it as a "sport". I believe in eating what you hunt and hunting only what will be eaten, unless you need to kill an animal which is dangerous to humans or livestock.

That said:

I was raised by a hunter/trapper. At a young age I knew how to trap (yes leghold traps requiring a quick kill if the animal was unfortunate enough to still be alive and invariably was), skin, and stretch everything from beavers to muskrats to small fox. We hunted deer, white tail and mule, and moose. But we ate everything we hunted out of necessity. I walked many many cut lines as a young kid looking for that elusive animal. Many dropped but were still alive when we got to them and bled them out.

I enjoy shooting. I like to target shoot and plink with my AR15 and whatever other firearms are available to me. Give me a gun and I'll shoot it all day or until I run out of ammo. I just don't derive any enjoyment from  killing living beings.

TT
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hell, my 7 year old daughter is in on one hunt, called a coyote within 3 yards of us.

Thanks and Good Hunting

Byron
View Quote

3 yards??!!??  Tell your little girl that this Yankee is quite impressed.  [:)]
And kudos to you, Byron, for getting her involved in the sport.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#45]
[:K][:K][:K][:K][:K]

The rarely issued and coveted 5 troll award.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Yankee
I'll tell her you were impressed.
I take my kids hunting every chance I get. If you teach your kids to hunt you want have to hunt your kids. I value the lessons I learned as a kid hunting, and try to instill the same values in my kids

I too don't have to kill for meat. I can pay someone to do it for me, and put it in a pretty cellophane wrapper, or maybe hand it to me out of a drive through window. I love to hunt, and feed my family some of the purist, healthiest meat on the planet. I also trophy hunt for the challenge. Yes I hang their heads on the wall, but their meat is also in the freezer. I'm trying to raise my kids the same way I was raised.
I respect anyone's right's to hunt or not hunt. I enjoy the challenge of the hunt whether I'm successful or not. Killing the animal is the closing of the deal on a successful hunt. I take a certain amount of gratification knowing
I provided fresh meat for my family. I don't hunt because I enjoy killing but, you got to kill it before you grill it.

Good Hunting

Byron
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
[:K][:K][:K][:K][:K]

The rarely issued and coveted 5 troll award.
View Quote

Nice!!
When did you win it, and who awarded it to you, mark?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I just ordered a copy of the DVD.
Can't wait for it to get here.
My grandpa will love it!
Him and my cousin coyote hunt quite often, I however live in the "the big city" and can't hunt asmuch as I'd like to.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:04:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yes I hang their heads on the wall, but their meat is also in the freezer.
View Quote

Big game trophy animals rarely result in meat that is edible. Nothing like an old buck to chow down and down and down on.

I enjoy the challenge of the hunt whether I'm successful or not. Killing the animal is the closing of the deal on a successful hunt.
View Quote

A successful hunt results in a kill. You enjoy hunting. So unless there is a kill, the hunt would not be enjoyable.

I don't hunt because I enjoy killing
View Quote

Are you sure?

TT [coffee]

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top